Elite talent matters

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

besides QB, and secondary, and WR, where?  

you need elite talent at every level of play.  The SB teams have this, we don't.  

You need elite from 7, we don't.  Elite OL, nope.  Elite RB or 2 capable backs, nope.  

We are missing key parts.  We don't have enough elite talent.  

yeah, but worse about our coaching.  Why did it take until then for Davis to be part of the game plan.  

Bye bye Daboll! 

Who decides what elite talent is though.  Is it the media?  Cuz Harrison phillips was playing out of his mind but he’s not elite talent cuz no one at ESPN talks him up 24/7? DJ reader on the bengals has been great also but he’s not a household name so is he not elite talent? 

Davis was a part of the gameplan because the chiefs gameplan was to take diggs and Knox away and leave gabe in single coverage and he made them pay.  Teams defend us  in different ways which is why you see a different featured guy on our offense every week…that is the strength of our team.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Who was in control of most of this game? KC

Who gave the ball back to them twice in the second quarter on three and outs? Buffalo

Who’s decision was three runs and a punt? OC

Who’s decision was it to have Gilliam in as an outlet receiver? OC 

What happens to Defenses that keep getting thrown back onto the field when they get a short break?

You don’t beat the Chiefs by playing scared or conservative. BOTH sides of the ball did that in this game. 
One of the oldest adages in the book is you put the ball in the hands of your biggest playmakers. Is Diggs not our biggest weapon on O ( I would contend Davis is actually proving to be, but that is another argument)

Daboll isn’t a genius. I’m sorry you guys are in love with the game he called but the ONLY reason we caught up at the end is because Josh willed it to happen. 

Horrible take imo…what happens to offenses that come out throwing the football 100% of the game.  Offensive line starts to get whooped late.  Showing the run early likely opened up some of those deep throws late in the game too.  Absolutely comical you want to force the ball to diggs who was likely being bracketed when Davis was obliterating them like that is truly insane to me.  I didn’t say Daboll called a genius game I’m saying the defense/defensive coaching lost that game.  We didn’t get a possession in OT and scored 36…that’s likely 40+ if we win the coin toss.  You’re gonna fault the offense for not scoring 50 points when all the defense had to do was get 1 more stop? Especially when a stop is gift wrapped to them since there’s only 13 seconds left in the game.  

punts in those situations were also on coaching imo which I’d assume is McDermott not Daboll…they were both 4th and shorts.  Don’t know why we’re faulting an OC for running the football against a soft cover 2 on 3rd and short lol also laughable to me.  Just as likely could’ve been an incomplete pass there 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Horrible take imo…what happens to offenses that come out throwing the football 100% of the game.  Offensive line starts to get whooped late.  Showing the run early likely opened up some of those deep throws late in the game too.  Absolutely comical you want to force the ball to diggs who was likely being bracketed when Davis was obliterating them like that is truly insane to me.  I didn’t say Daboll called a genius game I’m saying the defense/defensive coaching lost that game.  We didn’t get a possession in OT and scored 36…that’s likely 40+ if we win the coin toss.  You’re gonna fault the offense for not scoring 50 points when all the defense had to do was get 1 more stop? Especially when a stop is gift wrapped to them since there’s only 13 seconds left in the game

Ever hear the work “Scheme”

Sometimes used as a verb, Scheming.

Heres an example: 

The Chiefs were able to scheme T. Hill open against the Bills defense by having him run a shallow cross underneath two other Chiefs receivers. This let him get up to speed and have him open to receive a pass.

Your Word for the day😉

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Ever hear the work “Scheme”

Sometimes used as a verb, Scheming.

Heres an example: 

The Chiefs were able to scheme T. Hill open against the Bills defense by having him run a shallow cross underneath two other Chiefs receivers. This let him get up to speed and have him open to receive a pass.

Your Word for the day😉

Loll you’re still comically wrong though…why are you gonna run routes to free up diggs when Davis is absolutely embarrassing their single coverage 😂 just makes no sense…the dude had 200+ yards…josh Allen had statistically the best playoff stats of all time…We were up 3 with 13 seconds left and you’re mad we didn’t completely gut what was working to get some guy the ball all because he makes a lot of money? Haha Davis could possibly be a better receiver than diggs and we just don’t know it yet…he made clutch plays all year long 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Who was in control of most of this game? KC

Who gave the ball back to them twice in the second quarter on three and outs? Buffalo

What happens to Defenses that keep getting thrown back onto the field when they get a short break?

You don’t beat the Chiefs by playing scared or conservative. BOTH sides of the ball did that in this game. 
One of the oldest adages in the book is you put the ball in the hands of your biggest playmakers. Is Diggs not our biggest weapon on O ( I would contend Davis is actually proving to be, but that is another argument)

Daboll isn’t a genius. I’m sorry you guys are in love with the game he called but the ONLY reason we caught up at the end is because Josh willed it to happen. 

Weird...I could have sworn we won that game until a 13 second blunder by Frazier calling an awful defensive formation for the game situation.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Loll you’re still comically wrong though…why are you gonna run routes to free up diggs when Davis is absolutely embarrassing their single coverage 😂 just makes no sense…the dude had 200+ yards…josh Allen had statistically the best playoff stats of all time…We were up 3 with 13 seconds left and you’re mad we didn’t completely gut what was working to get some guy the ball all because he makes a lot of money? Haha Davis could possibly be a better receiver than diggs and we just don’t know it yet…he made clutch plays all year long 

Imagine if we actually had the lead at half time. I would have found that preferable.

Imagine the D playing with a lead in the third….. how about in the fourth?

And, not a problem me of you have answered the original question.

D.Samuel/Schemed into the game

C.Kupp/Schemed into the game

T.Hill/Schemed into the game.

Or, should we assume that the QBs throwing to them are better than Josh?

Playing  from behind from the second series till the last three minutes of the game doesn’t sound like high percentage winning football to me. Neither does losing regardless of how many points you score playing catch up.

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Weird...I could have sworn we won that game until a 13 second blunder by Frazier calling an awful defensive formation for the game situation.  

Scoreboards a betatch.  
   Bet Frazier wished he had been playing with the lead.

And, back to my original question.

How come all the other OCs this weekend were able to repeatedly get the ball into their Elite talents hands. The opposing DCs didn’t realize who they should take away. Apparently, it’s that easy .

30 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Imagine if we actually had the lead at half time. I would have found that preferable.

Imagine the D playing with a lead in the third….. how about in the fourth?

And, not a problem me of you have answered the original question.

D.Samuel/Schemed into the game

C.Kupp/Schemed into the game

T.Hill/Schemed into the game.

Or, should we assume that the QBs throwing to them are better than Josh?

Playing  from behind from the second series till the last three minutes of the game doesn’t sound like high percentage winning football to me. Neither does losing regardless of how many points you score playing catch up.

How much elite talent do you expect?  

Arguably top 3 QB in the league.  

Arguably the best safety duo in the league.

Top 5 WR in the league.

Top 5 CB in the league.

How much "elite talent" do you think a team can just afford?  We have one of the most, if not the most, overall talented rosters in the league.  You are being overly dramatic by a lot.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Top 5 WR in the league.

Top 5 CB in the league.

How much "elite talent" do you think a team can just afford?  We have one of the most, if not the most, overall talented rosters in the league.  You are being overly dramatic by a lot.  

on O, i think we need a TE 2 (no where near an elite need), one of OG/C/RT (brown showed a ton of ability, but still not a finished guy) and perhaps a back w some speed and moves.  none of that is really elite, but it wouldn't hurt.

on D, we need i think another corner (a talented rookie would do TBH) and some kind of play maker in the front 7, on the edge.  that's our one elite guy need.

so while i don't disagree w you, the way we have our D roster built is goofy, we have 1st and 2nd round picks (and recent ones too) and high paid guys on the bench on every play, and the fall off from them to the rest of the squad isn't that great.  we are better off signing whoever or drafting guys to fill in the roster, and having a couple elite guys in the front who can make game changing plays.  I think oliver can be that guy, chandler jones who we might be able to sign could be, and i think groot takes a step next season.

i really think letting some guys walk (star, houghs, addison, butler, klien, mattlewitch, sanders, williams our RG) and adding one real stud and just filling in the rest will put us over talent wise, of course i've harped on enough about what we need wrt coaching.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Who was in control of most of this game? KC

I never said Daboll was a genius or that I was in love with the game he called. I am on record with being frustrated with taking the ball out of Allen's hands on the two 3 and outs where they ran the ball on 2nd and 3rd downs.

Other than those two drives, they were fairly consistent and moved the ball. In the end, the ball was in the hands of the biggest playmaker: Josh Allen. He found the receivers he needed to find, put up 36 points, and put his team in a position to win.

There were certainly things I was not happy with on offense and defense. I just happen to not respond emotionally with tantrums. I'm not the type to scream over and over about how upset I am and demand that somebody pay for upsetting me. I like to approach things more rationally and thoughtfully.

But, hey, you do you.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Come on @FireChans.... when have Bills fans not wanted to fire the OC? 

Everyone wants to fire the OC. The Chiefs fans want their OC and DC canned today. The Pats fans are DYING to have McDaniels hired away.

It’s insane.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Scoreboards a betatch.  
   Bet Frazier wished he had been playing with the lead.

And, back to my original question.

How come all the other OCs this weekend were able to repeatedly get the ball into their Elite talents hands. The opposing DCs didn’t realize who they should take away. Apparently, it’s that easy .

Tyreek Hill was invisible in the second half against the Bengals. Should the Chiefs fire Andy and Bienemy?

25 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Everyone wants to fire the OC. The Chiefs fans want their OC and DC canned today. The Pats fans are DYING to have McDaniels hired away.

It’s insane.

Tyreek Hill was invisible in the second half against the Bengals. Should the Chiefs fire Andy and Bienemy?

Fans over blame coaches. And under blame players. It is a tale as old as time. 

10 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

End thread.   There is no reason to discuss this any longer.   He catches the INT game is over. 

There was 9:50 still left on the clock, how is the game over? The 49ers weren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard and they had  1/3rd less time of possession than the Rams so they were not eating up the clock

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Davis could possibly be a better receiver than diggs and we just don’t know it yet…he made clutch plays all year long 

I already think the same thing. Started feeling that way after the first Patriots game when Diggs and Knox couldn’t catch a cold 

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Top 5 WR in the league.

Top 5 CB in the league.

I was referring specifically to Diggs being taken out of the game by KC’s D ….which I don’t believe is particularly good.

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I never said Daboll was a genius or that I was in love with the game he called. I am on record with being frustrated with taking the ball out of Allen's hands on the two 3 and outs where they ran the ball on 2nd and 3rd downs.

Other than those two drives, they were fairly consistent and moved the ball. In the end, the ball was in the hands of the biggest playmaker: Josh Allen. He found the receivers he needed to find, put up 36 points, and put his team in a position to win.

There were certainly things I was not happy with on offense and defense. I just happen to not respond emotionally with tantrums. I'm not the type to scream over and over about how upset I am and demand that somebody pay for upsetting me. I like to approach things more rationally and thoughtfully.

But, hey, you do you.

The good old ad hominem insult.

When arguing football just isn’t cutting it😘

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

besides QB, and secondary, and WR, where?  

you need elite talent at every level of play.  The SB teams have this, we don't.  

You need elite from 7, we don't.  Elite OL, nope.  Elite RB or 2 capable backs, nope.  

We are missing key parts.  We don't have enough elite talent.  

yeah, but worse about our coaching.  Why did it take until then for Davis to be part of the game plan.  

Bye bye Daboll! 

Have a drink man

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I was referring specifically to Diggs being taken out of the game by KC’s D ….which I don’t believe is particularly good.

No offense, but this comment is ridiculous IMHO.

Seriously?  Davis had over 200 yards and 4 TD’s because they focused on Diggs.  Allen only had 120 other yards that were spread between Diggs, Knox, Sanders, Cole, McKenzie, Singletary, and Gilliam.  

What did you want to happen?  Allen stop throwing passes and TD’s to Davis to force feed Diggs?  There is only one ball.  If someone has 200 yards and 4 TDs by themselves, then the byproduct is that others around them aren’t going to see much production. 

But Diggs being out there is a big reason Davis got those opportunities.  He was still out there drawing attention, making key blocks, and other things helping this team.  Not to mention an incredible clutch catch on the 2 pt conversion.  

Diggs is not even close as to why we lost.  Not his fault Davis had a monster game torching the Chiefs D.  

23 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Funny how these other OCs figure out how to get their Elite talent the ball but Diggs got taken out of the KC game🤔

If Davis hadn't had such a ridiculous game, I'd agree. Diggs was the primary reason that Davis saw so much single coverage. Allen smartly took advantage of the mismatches.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.