Elite talent matters

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Who, aside from Allen?

Diggs and White.  Even then, Diggs is an elite WR but not a game changer.. White is a lockdown corner but doesn’t make a ton of plays like some other corners. 

Where else are we elite?

This FO prioritizes having no holes over getting that extra 1 or 2 elite level guys…

Would you rather have Hughes + Addison, or one guy like Hendrickson.  

I really like Beane’s approach, but will be very disappointed if he continues this stance. 

Which probably speaks to how elite Allen is and that the coaches get just about everything they can from every roster.  

And I don't disagree with you I just wouldn't say "elite" is necessary.  Like the Browns supposedly were coming in to the season.

Even the biggest fans can't name anyone on the Bengals except Burrow Chase Mixon and Higgins.  And they have a God awful oline.  Things just broke for them this time.

They won 2 of their 3 games bc the other QB melted down.  Was it the QB or the team D they played?  I think it was a bit of both.  

Stepping back we were Mahomes having the game of his life combined with a mistake on a kickoff and 2 horrific plays on defense from playing today.  

Josh Allen hasn't played for the best team he'll be on I truly believe this.  We can do that as soon as this fall if the front office can figure out where to upgrade:

CB

RB

IOL 

The Dline you can always look to improve.  

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

NOOOOO WE MUST KEEP DRAFTING GUYS LIKE ZAY JONES AND AJ EPENESA AND ZACK MOSS INSTEAD OF GETTING ELITE PASS RUSHERS.

They work great for other teams 😄😄

For the record i didn't want to draft Epenesa, thought he was slow off the ball and just a guy , hopefully he get better but not holding my breath.

Wish we could get aiden Hutchinson but thats not happening, so hopefully we can find one somewhere. We could have had TJ Watt but we wouldn't have Tre White.

2 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

If you were not interested in Odell Beckham or Von Miller then, with all due respect, you're an idiot.

A lot of us were likewise not interested in acquiring Stefon Diggs. Oops!

When elite talents are rumored to be available this coming year and you again say you're not interested...you're still an idiot.

[Relax, I stole DC Tom's patent.]

I agree with what you said. I think a lot of it comes from that many Bills fans still have this mindset that that the Bills have to a blue collar team and Divas don't belong here. Beckham would have been a great addition. For some reason many Bills fans don't want Me First guys.  

17 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I agree with what you said. I think a lot of it comes from that many Bills fans still have this mindset that that the Bills have to a blue collar team and Divas don't belong here. Beckham would have been a great addition. For some reason many Bills fans don't want Me First guys.  

Which is hilarious cuz I don't think you could've found a more self centered douche in the NFL than Jim Kelly in the '80s. He literally didn't come here when drafted because of his small minded, big time, superstar, "me-me-me" attitude. Yet somehow the city learned to love him.

Edited by Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Which is hilarious cuz I don't think you could've found a more self centered douche in the NFL than Jim Kelly in the '80s. He literally didn't come here when drafted because of his small minded, big time, superstar, "me-me-me" attitude. Yet somehow the city learned to love him.

I do wonder if a lot of this blue collar mindset from the fans is due to the average age of many Bills fans. I have noticed that a lot of posters here have been fans from well before Jim Kelly. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Funny how these other OCs figure out how to get their Elite talent the ball but Diggs got taken out of the KC game🤔

its all about the Decoy

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Our GM/coach were content with their Carolina retreads. Hendrickson was a FA last season

so was ingram...someone needs to take carolina off speed dial

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We need to pump the breaks on this type of stuff the Rams literally don’t have a draft or cap space till like 2024…they went all in for 1 year and if Tartt the 49ers safety doesn’t drop a fair catch interception everyone is chuckling at them. 

End thread.   There is no reason to discuss this any longer.   He catches the INT game is over. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

If you were not interested in Odell Beckham or Von Miller then, with all due respect, you're an idiot.

When elite talents are rumored to be available this coming year and you again say you're not interested...you're still an idiot.

You would take Cincy's roster over KC's or Buffalo's?

Elite talent is nice but you know what really matters? Competent coaching.

Not elite coaching, just competent common sense type of coaching.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Did we need to force feed Diggs the ball?  The offense was on fire.  If Diggs presence allows for everyone else to get open than he is worth every penny.  

How many points did we score in the second quarter?

I guess that dump off to Reggie Gilliam ten yards behind the line of scrimmage is a bunch of your idea of Daboll’s OC acumen ……. Yeah, and then we punted for the second time in that quarter.

🤔

12 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Or Ingram for that matter.  Chiefs getting him rather than us was difference in that game.  

12 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We need to pump the breaks on this type of stuff the Rams literally don’t have a draft or cap space till like 2024…they went all in for 1 year and if Tartt the 49ers safety doesn’t drop a fair catch interception everyone is chuckling at them. 

Not true.  Pretty sure I read Goff and Gurley come off books now and they free up 36M between them and a couple others.  Restructure Stafford and they can go all in again next year. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Or Ingram for that matter.  Chiefs getting him rather than us was difference in that game.  

Not true.  Pretty sure I read Goff and Gurley come off books now and they free up 36M between them and a couple others.  Restructure Stafford and they can go all in again next year. 

Not true at all they are currently 5.5 million over the cap and with bonuses and accelerators would have to clear up like 20 million to break even 

I wonder if at some point in "The Process" there is a time to mortgage some of your future to obtain more of the elite talent the OP speaks of? This could be the year to go all in on a Superbowl run. It will be interesting to see what Beane does this off season.

Beane has to go out an get a truly dynamic pass rusher in the offseason. Whether than means giving up just this year's 1st rounder or a combination of something else the time to strike is now.

That move combined with a solid draft and other complimentary FA pieces should be more than enough to have this team in the position the want to be next year.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.