How did the Bengals do it?

Awwufelloff

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Edmunds was taken advantage of in our game. It was a repeat of last year's AFCCG. Logan Wilson for the Bengals isn't flashy but he doesn't get manipulated that easily.

That and the Bengals have a better front 4, which is really sad considering how much investment we've put into ours. All they did was sign Hendrickson and Reader in free agency.

Edmunds is not the reason we lost. We know you don't like him, but wasn't it Milano who got Mossed for the winning TD? Milano didn't have a good game out there. 

I am rooting the Bengals in the Super Bowl. They deserve it going on the road at TEN and KC in back to back weeks. LA is a joke of a football market. All year long for Rams and Chargers games the visiting team had a strong presence. Yesterday it seemed like the crowd was split 50-50. It has to frustrate the Rams who have a good team but don't get great support. But its LA and the NFL knows LA will bring in $$$$$ so I get it.

Just now, Donuts and Doritos said:

Mahomes wasn't as good as he was in our game. Vinci's D played better overall than we did. But I thought our Offense had an easier time & performed better. Most importantly Cinci didn't make the mistakes in crucial moments like we did, it was KC that made those mistakes instead. 

Should have kicked the FG before half. The Bengals got a lot of momentum from that stop.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Mahomes got the yips

He absolutely fudged his undies. I don't think the Bengals did anything different. I think the Chiefs stopped playing. That goal line dud at the end of the half was as big a coaching choke as over ever seen.

10 hours ago, Heitz said:

About those adjustments everyone keeps talking about:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/30/patrick-mahomes-you-cant-go-up-21-3-and-lose-thats-on-me/

Their guys just started getting home.  Ours, well, did not...

I didn't think Cinci did anything different in the 2nd half.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Spot on, adjustments at halftime were key. I also never understand this not only with Frazier but with Daboll. It's almost like they say stick to the game plan to death do us part, I wish we had a guy that can change things up when things aren't going right.

Adjustments that didn't happen.

10 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

This is truth. If you watched that game, you could see the Bengals coaches were prepared and calm, and even enjoying those big moments. McDeerInTheHeadlights is lost when things get real. 

Ding ding ding. Deer in Headlights reference!

Yup, that's what we're stuck with for now. 

I just wonder what the people who say he's still learning the job think of a guy like Zac Taylor that doesn't need over 5 years of head coaching experience to understand how to make quality in-game decisions. 

Will you still feel this way if the Bengals get smoked by the Rams, or will he have gotten a deer in the headlights look too?

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Until out linebackers are both replaced we will never be able to put the pressure needed on the QB in critical games.  Our lack of LB play and pressure has been a detriment to this team for 4 years.

Exactly,  neither guy is a big game difference maker.  They are asked to keep everything in front of them and make the tackle,  Milano was never going anywhere because no team was going to offer him big bucks.  Not sure what they do with Edmunds this season?  I am thinking because he is still very young the Bills could maybe package him along with their second rounder to grab another first rounder. I think the game yesterday showed Beane that his defence is just not good enough and is missing those difference maker play makers.

46 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Stop what? I think they're very similar style of QB. 

I guess my issue is I keep hearing Joe Burrow reminds people of Tom Brady, the guy who won 7 Super Bowls and is the GOAT.   So what about him reminds you of Brady?  No one says that part.   To compare a second year Quarterback, who has elite skill position talent around him, to literally the Greatest Quarterback of all time is hyperbolic to me.  Just wondering what about the guy is Bradyesque?

What I saw yesterday was a guy who arguably isnt a top QB in the league yet, play a pretty average football game and get very lucky Mahomes upchucked all over himself.   I fully expect the Bengals to get their heads caved in on the 13th.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He absolutely fudged his undies. I don't think the Bengals did anything different. I think the Chiefs stopped playing. That goal line dud at the end of the half was as big a coaching choke as over ever seen.

I didn't think Cinci did anything different in the 2nd half.

GetUp is showing this morning that they definitely did things differently in 2nd half. Cincinnati stopped playing zone coverage, went man to man, rushed 3 dropped 8 and sent 4th rusher late

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

GetUp is showing this morning that they definitely did things differently in 2nd half. Cincinnati stopped playing zone coverage, went man to man, rushed 3 dropped 8 and sent 4th rusher late

Explain to me how the Bengals managed to get KC to come away with nothing at the end of the 1st half. Was that a Jedi mind trick? Chiefs were mentally packing their bags for Los Angeles once up 21-3.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Edmunds is not the reason we lost. We know you don't like him, but wasn't it Milano who got Mossed for the winning TD? Milano didn't have a good game out there. 

Which makes you wonder why the defensive staff had more confidence in their 6'0 tall Linebacker to cover Kelce than they did their 6'5 linebacker who is almost identical in size to the tight end. 

13 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Exactly,  neither guy is a big game difference maker.  They are asked to keep everything in front of them and make the tackle,  Milano was never going anywhere because no team was going to offer him big bucks.  Not sure what they do with Edmunds this season?  I am thinking because he is still very young the Bills could maybe package him along with their second rounder to grab another first rounder. I think the game yesterday showed Beane that his defence is just not good enough and is missing those difference maker play makers.

They showed Bengals rushed Hendrickson and Hubbard, two of their younger D linemen chasing Mahomes around. I wonder if things would’ve been different had the Bills sent Obada and Epenesa chasing the rat

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Explain to me how the Bengals managed to get KC to come away with nothing at the end of the 1st half. Was that a Jedi mind trick? Chiefs were mentally packing their bags for Los Angeles once up 21-3.

That was the Chiefs feeling themselves. There were definitely adjustments made in the 2nd half though regardless of what the Rat said

Edited by Solomon Grundy

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Bills would have been crazy to play man vs Chiefs with Wallace and Jackson. Our game was about the 13 seconds. What transpired lost a game that was a win 99 times out of 100.

• Like (+1) 2

Cinci hung on to beat Vegas, The beat #1 Tenn at their house despite 9 sacks against,  and they played unbelievable 2nd half defense to win at KC.  There's zero chance Buffalo could have made Mahomes that uncomfortable, so props to Cincinnati.

If they can go in to LA and win another game on the Rams home field, they deserve the Super Bowl for sure.  They are having a magical run...  sprinkled with a little bit of luck here and there. 

18 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I guess my issue is I keep hearing Joe Burrow reminds people of Tom Brady, the guy who won 7 Super Bowls and is the GOAT.   So what about him reminds you of Brady?  No one says that part.   To compare a second year Quarterback, who has elite skill position talent around him, to literally the Greatest Quarterback of all time is hyperbolic to me.  Just wondering what about the guy is Bradyesque?

What I saw yesterday was a guy who arguably isnt a top QB in the league yet, play a pretty average football game and get very lucky Mahomes upchucked all over himself.   I fully expect the Bengals to get their heads caved in on the 13th.

Pocket movement, footwork, pocket calmness, and throwing style. 

I mean the DC he just played also compared Burrow to Brady.  It's not about accomplishments. It's about style of play. 

Burrow has a lot of learning to do to read defense like Brady.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

This is truth. If you watched that game, you could see the Bengals coaches were prepared and calm, and even enjoying those big moments. McDeerInTheHeadlights is lost when things get real. 

You must not watch many Bengals games. The local talk surrounding their resurgence is if the coaching staff will hold end up holding them back from reaching their full potential. Taylor has had many in game head scratchers including yesterday. Kicking the FG late in the game yesterday seemed insane to me and probably doesn’t work 9/10 times vs the chiefs. We would be KILLING McD if he did that. Bottom line, Bengals got lucky the Chiefs & Mahomes completely imploded. We should be pretty familiar with how that works…

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They showed Bengals rushed Hendrickson and Hubbard, two of their younger D linemen chasing Mahomes around. I wonder if things would’ve been different had the Bills sent Obada and Epenesa chasing the rat

That was the Chiefs feeling themselves. There were definitely adjustments made in the 2nd half though regardless of what the Rat said

I think the Bills need to focus on getting better talent on defensive side .  As for adjustments that Cincy made,  if you watch Mahomes's final pass and interception.  The Bengals rush 3 and have the 4th man two -three yards off the line as a spy and not allowing him to step up and either pass or run. The coverage down the field was far  tighter and it allowed the corner to get his hands on the ball and into the second defender.  Either way,  I think we can put away these ideas that the Bills need to focus on adding more offensive weapons so we can score on every possession in order to beat the Chiefs.  Get that defence stronger with more play makers and at least one stud. They put up stats because QB'S in our conference are good to average at best and we have some cupcake matchups. The Saints game alone we went against their 3rd stringer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.