How did the Bengals do it?

Awwufelloff

I agree the end of the first half rattled Mahomes.

Second half he missed simple swing passes and out patterns, he resorted to scrambling backwards on a few ill advised pass attempts.  He floated balls over guys heads.

The Bengals made him super uncomfortable after halftime. Credit to them.  Buffalo was never able to do that to Mahomes, and our D plays soft ass coverages giving them so much respect. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think us taking the lead, playing aggressive early,  put their offense into overdrive in the last game and they took the mindset of needeing to score every drive.

I also believe KC took the bengals lightly compared to the josh allen experience. It bit them.

Edited by foreboding
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Awwufelloff said:

How did the Bengals hold the Chiefs to 3 pts after halftime which included OT in which KC won the toss? How were they able to do something we couldn't?

they were able to get them into 3rd and 5+ and they missed.

they got him sacked in the second half.

they got a turnover in regulation that git them points.  The second turnover in OT was an equivalent to a punt.

I coukdnt see an all 22 look and see what adjustments they made.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

8 man coverage. Mahomes was something like 5 for 17 with 57 yards and an INT against that coverage. The Bengals adjusted at halftime, something Frazier is seemingly allergic to. 

I've had enough of Frazier I think.

The problem is he ain't gonna be hired anywhere, and we aren't going to fire him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, foreboding said:

I think us taking the lead, playing aggressive early,  put their offense into overdrive in the last game amd they took the mindset of needeing to score every drive.

I also think KC took the bengals lightly compared to the josh allen experience. It bit them.

I think Thry took thrm lightly and being up 21-3 reinforced this.

evrn though they failed end of first to score they knew they’d get the ball to start.

maho es was making mistakes in the second half similar to early season plays where he missed throws or was off with receivers.

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Mahomes was off, I think once he threw the pic, and the pressure started getting close he panicked and got away from what worked all 2nd half of the season. Stopped taking the check downs and started playing hero ball again which got him into trouble early in the year. Came back like a ghost today on him

He kinda looked like he did against us in the first game...had happy feet and made throws that were off

1 hour ago, Success said:

Mahomes is OVERRATED.

Sorry, but he is. Doesn't mean he isn't great.  But somehow, he saves some of his best games for us.

He was basically shut out in the 2nd half, at home.  

Well he's going to look pretty good when you can't defend one pass out of 44.   Bill's defense needs to control him rather than let him do whatever he wants.    Bengals shut down the edges pretty good.   When they went after mahomes they actually kept an eye on him and maintained their Gap integrity so he couldn't run free.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I think a lot of what happened today was the Chiefs got up big earlier. Pat was feelin' himself. Just like in the early season, he was feelin' himself and got sloppy. I think his hard work during the season went down the shitter when Patty started feeling himself. He didn't have that opportunity when the Bills are there matching him score for score. Just my feeling.

Well, that and the fact that McDermott's awesome defensive line rotation is bull#### and that besides maybe Ed Oliver, we don't have a single guy even approaching game wrecker status on the line. But just wait, with the 25th pick we will pick another guy who can be inactive for four or five games and/or make three impact plays all season. Yay.

Or not even play. 

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

They drafted offensive weapons, built the D in FA and ignored the OL. They lost the trenches all season, but overcame that. They gave up 9 sacks last weeks. Until the last few weeks, everyone in Cincinnati wanted to run Zach Taylor out of town on a rail so all those on here talking about coaching are missing the point. The Bengals are on a run of luck. They should have lost in Nashville if not for a lucky bounce and caught the Chiefs after an epic game against us. If the Raiders had a QB they should lost that game too. I live here and no one saw this coming. This is a weird league. 

That’s a lot of ifs for a team going to the super bowl just saying 🤔

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

mahomes said the bengals didn’t adjust at halftime. They did the exact same thing. 

I feel he has to say this, whether it’s true or not. Otherwise; he’s throwing his coaches under the bus. He can’t very well admit that the Bengals adjusted and his coaches didn’t or couldn’t counter. 

Their D continued a hot streak with takeaways. Looks like they got Mahomes a few times. No magic bullets here. No mythical secret strategy. Guys just have to step up and make plays. The Bills D didn’t do that. The Bengals gave up the tying points ( thought they didn’t only have to defend for 13 measly seconds)and lost the toss in OT. They took the ball away , kick , Super Bowl. 

17 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Or not even play. 

That’s a lot of ifs for a team going to the super bowl just saying 🤔

It is and it happens sometimes. Seems like Burrow was sacked every 3rd dropback laat week. Teams get hot and go on a run though. Not the first time or the last. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.