How did the Bengals do it?

Awwufelloff

Bengals were doing a good job of tackling receivers allowing little YAC and were able to tackle Mahomes or contain him in the pocket.  The half a billion dollar QB didn't adjust as usual when a real fearless defense punches his offense in the mouth.  A couple of sidearm circus throws just ain't good enough to overcome that adversity for half a billion dollar QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't think it has much to do with matchups or strategy by the Bengals. People always want to gravitate to that stuff first, but I think this was mainly an issue of emotion. The Chiefs were coming off that miracle win and then got up 21-3. I think Mahomes checked out and lost his edge. I don't think it had much to do with the Bengals. He thought he could finally relax, and then the Bengals grabbed the emotional edge and KC couldn't stop it.

9 hours ago, Heitz said:

Cinci got home in the second half - they were close in the first, but Mahomes is slippery.  After that missed TD and into the second half Mahomes was just - rush was on him, head was not in the game.

As has been said we need a disruptive pass rusher, don't have that stud right now. :beer: 

Who is Cinci’s disruptive pass rusher?  I don’t think their D-line is better than ours; I think it’s a scheme issue.

Well they put a very interesting stat out there...no team in playoff history had won back to back overtime games.

Then Mahomee throws 2 poorly thrown incompletions then decides to let her rip on 3rd down for some reason after being captain check down all day.

To me it was an awesome ending :)

Going to sound like sour grapes but I couldn't care less.

We got the Chiefs best game, that simple. 

It's not so much how the Bengals won, it's how the Chiefs lost it. They were trying cute plays on the 2 and 3 yard line etc. Mahomes was half the QB yesterday that he was against the Bills.

I get it, people will say Cincys defense made that true. Maybe so, but I don't buy it.

All that said congratulations to the Bengals.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Who is Cinci’s disruptive pass rusher?  I don’t think their D-line is better than ours; I think it’s a scheme issue.

Hendrickson had double digit sacks for the regular season  for Bengals and had 1.5 sacks against Chiefs yesterday . Bills didn’t have anyone who sniffed double digits this year .

• Like (+1) 1

Reids poor game management in the first half cost them as well.

4th and 1 at mid field and you waste a TO to challenge...that wasted TO then costs you points at the end of the half.

Just go for it on 4th down and less than a yard.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Brady inside the pocket is as mobile as anyone. But yeah Burrow has a better arm. Their styles are similar though.

Brady was obviously very good, I'm just saying compare year 2 Brady to Burrow. Brady worked for everything, he was not a great talent. That isn't a knock btw, if anything it's a compliment. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.