How did the Bengals do it?

Awwufelloff

Mahomes was off, I think once he threw the pic, and the pressure started getting close he panicked and got away from what worked all 2nd half of the season. Stopped taking the check downs and started playing hero ball again which got him into trouble early in the year. Came back like a ghost today on him

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Cinci got home in the second half - they were close in the first, but Mahomes is slippery.  After that missed TD and into the second half Mahomes was just - rush was on him, head was not in the game.

As has been said we need a disruptive pass rusher, don't have that stud right now. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

How did the Bengals hold the Chiefs to 3 pts after halftime which included OT in which KC won the toss? How were they able to do something we couldn't?

We held the Chiefs to 20 points the 1st meeting……7 points in the 2nd half. With White playing it’s a different game. Also in the 1st game Neal was covering Kelce most of the game……I don’t remember seeing him out there in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

How did the Bengals hold the Chiefs to 3 pts after halftime which included OT in which KC won the toss? How were they able to do something we couldn't?

Its not complicated to me.  

Our entire defensive effort was basically pass rushers flying off the edge with no rhyme or reason and either getting looped out of the play or diving at Mahomes feet, linebackers who were - as usual - doing something that isn’t quantifiable to the average fan apparently, and cornerbacks playing off ball all game to hide their lack of speed/talent. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

8 man coverage. Mahomes was something like 5 for 17 with 57 yards and an INT against that coverage. The Bengals adjusted at halftime, something Frazier is seemingly allergic to. 

About those adjustments everyone keeps talking about:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/30/patrick-mahomes-you-cant-go-up-21-3-and-lose-thats-on-me/

“They just had a spy on me, for the most part, and I’ve usually done a good job getting around that guy, but they had a good game plan,” Mahomes said, via TheAthletic.com. “They were doing a lot of similar stuff in the first half, we were just executing at a higher level. They stayed with it. But I mean, I gotta be better. I mean when you’re up 21-3 at one point in the game, you can’t lose it, and I put that on myself.”

Their guys just started getting home.  Ours, well, did not...

• Like (+1) 3

Edmunds was taken advantage of in our game. It was a repeat of last year's AFCCG. Logan Wilson for the Bengals isn't flashy but he doesn't get manipulated that easily.

That and the Bengals have a better front 4, which is really sad considering how much investment we've put into ours. All they did was sign Hendrickson and Reader in free agency.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.