Allen is better

george c

3 hours ago, Process said:

That had to be the worst half of his career. He was so bad. 

Sensitive Bills fans need to be ready to see Burrow considered better than Allen all off-season. People, and the media, are constantly looking for a reason (doesn't have to be legitimate) to knock Allen down a peg. And they got it. 

He played just as bad in 2nd half of week 17 game

49 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Bills fans (some Bills fans) need to get over this whole Allen is better than [fill in the blank: Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray] thing. We get it. He's really good. So is Mahomes. Ask 30 other GMs which QB they'd like to build a team from scratch around and you'll probably get 15 votes for Allen and 15 for Mahomes.

And face facts: it's just a quirk of drafting history that we don't have Mahomes instead of Allen.

They're good. Really, really good. WE'RE good. There will be many epic battles over the next decade. It's Peyton vs. Brady c. 2007. Let's retire the inferiority complex at long last and stop it with the "my guy is better than your guy" nonsense. 

I completely agree. 

But our guy is better. 😎

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Yeah not going there yet.

Mahomes had his first awful playoff game.

But he's been to 4 straight title games

2 SB appearance

1 SB win (MVP)

1 NFL MVP

It’s a team sport…he has two of the all time best skill position players and a great offensive line and couldn’t get it done.  I can’t even imagine what josh does with that team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Lazy take.

Rings don’t make a QB great.

If they did then Flacco is better than Kelly.

Exactly, by this logic, Aikman was the best QB of the 90's, when in reality he wasn't top 5.

Marino was arguably the best of his era and never got one, largely bc a Bills team loaded with HOF talent was standing directly in his way.

As much as we all love Jim, we know Dan was the best pure passer in the game.  Put Marino on the 90's Bills teams and he surely has more than one SB appearance on his resume.

My point is, I don't care what Mahomes has done, what Josh IS right now, and arguably the past two seasons, is the better weapon, and the definition of a generational talent.  There isn't a single thing Mahomes can do on the field that Josh can't, the same can't be said for Mahomes or any other QB when compared against 17.  No other QB is capable of running the way Josh does, elusive while putting guys on their backs like King Henry, while still being able to literally make any throw on the field AND, AND, AND be able to deliver in crunch time when it matters most, unlike Patty today!

Burrow better make the most of this one, Josh begins cementing his legacy as all-time great next season, putting up his first MVP season, while coasting to Homefield and leaving a path of destruction and mangled linebackers in his wake, AND winning a Super Bowl.  MVP, SuperBowl, same effing season, it's happening.  

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Allen needs to start to puts up some Awards and Accolades and Rings to make it even a debate.

Mahomes is…

Super Bowl Champ,  Super Bowl MVP, League MVP, Offensive Player of the Year, SI Sportsman of the Year.  NFL Record All-Time Passer Rating.

And he’s 3-1 against Allen.

so there is a lot of way to go.

This is a team game.  Kelly was 12-4 vs Marino, but Danny boy is considered a better qb.

Head to head record is meaningless in analyzing one quarterback to another. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

He played just as bad in 2nd half of week 17 game

Ehh those were all unlucky picks…two of them were the right read/throws.  One probably should’ve been thrown away.  One Beasley was egregiously held.  Mahomes sits behind a good offensive line with two of the best skill position players of all time and still looked completely lost today 

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yup....the media loves their sexy new toy. And Home Alone took that spot today. Just like Murray's hail mary. 

Joe burrow is objectively not as talented as mahomes or Allen…just doesn’t have the dual threat to the same degree as those other guys.  I think mahomes vs allen will be the hyped rivalry for years to come 

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’m obviously biased, but I my eyes tell me that Allen at his best is just a bit better than the others. Some of it is freak physicality and some of it is will to win. 

I really don't think any of them want it as badly.  I also don't think any of them hate losing as much as him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

That had to be the worst half of his career. He was so bad. 

Sensitive Bills fans need to be ready to see Burrow considered better than Allen all off-season. People, and the media, are constantly looking for a reason (doesn't have to be legitimate) to knock Allen down a peg. And they got it. 

Don’t think anyone who watched both their playoff games would seriously put Burrow ahead of Allen. Maybe some folks in Cincinnati, but that’s about it. 

4 hours ago, Doc said:

But the team that wins the coin toss still has a 10-2 record this year.  That's a problem.

Huh?  The Bills' defense let up 36 points in regulation.  The Bengals allowed 24.  The loss of Tre was huge.

The Bengals also properly executed the four minute offense, and KC had no timeouts and a bit less time when they got the ball back.

Bills gave it back to them with 1:50ish left and all their timeouts.

That third down loss to set up 4th and 13 or whatever right before the two minute warning was the sneaky play of the game last week.

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Bills fans (some Bills fans) need to get over this whole Allen is better than [fill in the blank: Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray] thing. We get it. He's really good. So is Mahomes. Ask 30 other GMs which QB they'd like to build a team from scratch around and you'll probably get 15 votes for Allen and 15 for Mahomes.

And face facts: it's just a quirk of drafting history that we don't have Mahomes instead of Allen.

They're good. Really, really good. WE'RE good. There will be many epic battles over the next decade. It's Peyton vs. Brady c. 2007. Let's retire the inferiority complex at long last and stop it with the "my guy is better than your guy" nonsense. 

Yeah, but…

8 hours ago, Rico said:

Too late, this was all started several years ago when several posters claimed that the Bills were idiots for not drafting the Rat, and that was a theme that lasted a long time. Now that Josh looks better than him, they need to be reminded of their bad take. :D

Bingo.  It was fun watching that 2nd half yesterday as Romo was almost in disbelief at what he was seeing.  3-man rush, Mahomes running around in circles like he was lost, then being sacked.  Then throwing the pick after almost throwing the pick two plays earlier.  Total meltdown.

If Josh has that half, he’s skewered.  Mahomes will be given a pass, despite blowing an 18-pt lead at home.  Just watch.

The Cinci win allowed me to put the Bills-Chiefs game to rest.  I will now enjoy the offseason and look forward to Josh continuing his assault on the league in 2022 and beyond.

• Like (+1) 3

I think this will be a situation where Bills fans say Allen is the best, Bengals fans say Burrow is the best, Chiefs fans say Mahomes is the best, the 7 fans the Chargers have say Herbert is the best. They will all be right. Any one of these QB's can beat the others. Like they say...ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.

AFC Quarterbacks 

Mahomes is 9.9 

Allen is a 9.9

Burrow is a 9.7

AFC Coaches 

Reid is a 9.9

Zac Taylor is a 9.8

McDermott is a 7.0 (0-6 in close games)

Allen is not good enough to overcome the gap between the elite coaches and McDermott. Until McDermott is gone it will be almost impossible for Allen to win a Superbowl. 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, but…

Bingo.  It was fun watching that 2nd half yesterday as Romo was almost in disbelief at what he was seeing.  3-man rush, Mahomes running around in circles like he was lost, then being sacked.  Then throwing the pick after almost throwing the pick two plays earlier.  Total meltdown.

If Josh has that half, he’s skewered.  Mahomes will be given a pass, despite blowing an 18-pt lead at home.  Just watch.

The Cinci win allowed me to put the Bills-Chiefs game to rest.  I will now enjoy the offseason and look forward to Josh continuing his assault on the league in 2022 and beyond.

I checked out Peter King’s column this morning, always enjoy reading it though I don’t always agree. I was surprised that neither Reid or the Rat got slammed, both deserved to be in the ‘Goat of the Week’.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Evian said:

AFC Quarterbacks 

Mahomes is 9.9 

Allen is a 9.9

Burrow is a 9.7

AFC Coaches 

Reid is a 9.9

Zac Taylor is a 9.8

Allen is not good enough to overcome the gap between the elite coaches and McDermott. Until McDermott is gone it will be almost impossible for Allen to win a Superbowl. 

Andy Reid is a 9.9? :lol: :lol: :lol:  Are you talking about the regular season? 

27 minutes ago, Evian said:

AFC Quarterbacks 

Mahomes is 9.9 

Allen is a 9.9

Burrow is a 9.7

AFC Coaches 

Reid is a 9.9

Zac Taylor is a 9.8

Reid was an 8 at best last night. 

12 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Yeah not going there yet.

Mahomes had his first awful playoff game.

But he's been to 4 straight title games

2 SB appearance

1 SB win (MVP)

1 NFL MVP

So he's a choker. Only one win out of 4.

12 hours ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Once he has a sb you and beats him in the playoffs you will have an argument.  

Only if Mahomes and Allen play defense against each other.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

Andy Reid is a 9.9? :lol: :lol: :lol:  Are you talking about the regular season? 

He has a Superbowl Ring. He has knocked the Bills out of the playoffs two years in a row 

You want emojis.  Here is one from him polishing his ring while watching you cry every year he knocks a Bills team with superior talent out of the playoffs. 😛

8 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Joe burrow is objectively not as talented as mahomes or Allen…just doesn’t have the dual threat to the same degree as those other guys.  I think mahomes vs allen will be the hyped rivalry for years to come 

Burrow in year two might have as many Superbowl rings as Allen and Mahomes in their 9 years combined. Not sure there is much difference than the three because Burrow is a better decision maker than the other two. 

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Rico said:

Too late, this was all started several years ago when several posters claimed that the Bills were idiots for not drafting the Rat, and that was a theme that lasted a long time. Now that Josh looks better than him, they need to be reminded of their bad take. :D

Funny how those telling us to "shut up" forget this fact.  For YEARS after the KC trade we had to read comments and threads that talked ONLY about not picking Mahomes.  Heck, in 2019 THREE FREAKING years after the fact and with Allen showing signs of being a great QB and the Bills making the playoffs we were still subjected to this abuse.

But now when folks naturally want to rank order the four best young QB's in the AFC (Allen, Mahomes, Burrow & Herbert) they want people to shut the hell up.  IMO the arguing over who is the best of these elite young QB's makes a lot more sense then the constant whining about how the Bills didn't draft Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.