Allen is better

george c

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Mahomes had a lousy 2nd half by his standards.

Probably still the best QB in the game right now.

When Josh has a QB ring too, the debate will be more interesting.

Lazy take.

Rings don’t make a QB great.

If they did then Flacco is better than Kelly.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, george c said:

That Grim Reaper thing lasted about a week for Mahomes. LOL. 

What a total choke job.

Friends, we have the honor of having the most dangerous QB in the NFL today.

Lets get this defense straightened out. 

Yeah it’s crazy that 2 years ago, or so, the majority of us were lamenting not drafting mahomes and instead basically getting Josh and Tre with the related picks. 

now I’m not going to overreact to one horrible half of football by mahomes BUT I will say Josh and Tre ain’t looking all that bad right now

In all fairness, our D was totally gassed on the last two drives. I don’t blame the D.
Coaching calls wasn’t the reason why we lost in OT, coaching decisions were the reason we lost because of not going for it on some 4th and shorts..with Josh…and putting the D right back out there with little rest. THAT IMO is what killed us in the end. 

They will learn from that. 

Personally, my hurt from last week faded a little knowing the Grim Reaper choked HARDCORE!

Josh #1.

Edited by george c

2 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Yeah not going there yet.

Mahomes had his first awful playoff game.

But he's been to 4 straight title games

2 SB appearance

1 SB win (MVP)

1 NFL MVP

Well I wouldn't totally agree with it being his 1st awful playoff game that. In the Superbowls he basically got shut down 7 out 8 total quarters. Chiefs really only were able to come back in the 4th qrt due to some missed calls by the refs. Good for Mahomes though to get the win when it matter the most. The anti Jimmy G. Just saying.

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah but his offense as a whole is better.  As was his defense today.

Can’t quite remember the timing but I think kc turned the ball over in the 4th and Joe B immediately threw a terribly interception that should have cost CIN the game.

mahomes was off, that play at the end of the half was idiotic. Kc also had 1st and goal from the 6 or so with a minute left. A bad run and two bad sacks by mahomes and we have ot.

cin D and coaching won this game not Joe. Buffalo d and coaching lost our game

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Can’t quite remember the timing but I think kc turned the ball over in the 4th and Joe B immediately threw a terribly interception that should have cost CIN the game.

mahomes was off, that play at the end of the half was idiotic. Kc also had 1st and goal from the 6 or so with a minute left. A bad run and two bad sacks by mahomes and we have ot.

cin D and coaching won this game not Joe. Buffalo d and coaching lost our game

KC actually lost the game by getting greedy at the end of the first half. They kick a FG there and they win the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Josh Allen is the best player in the NFL, period.  Beane needs to assemble a team and a coaching staff that will allow him to shine.

Im not even being a homer when i say this but i agree. Allen has elevated his game yet again from what we saw in the playoffs. It was like He was playing in a video game and everyone was playing real-world. In short, he basically went Neo on us from the Matrix. Hes the one. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Patrick Mahomes in the second half 5/21 23% completion percentage 55 yards 1 int

Damn did he have a concussion that he didnt know about. I know on one play in the 2nd half the camera panned to him and I was like Mahomes looks scared. Maybe he waasnt scared BUT something else was going on. 

Bills fans (some Bills fans) need to get over this whole Allen is better than [fill in the blank: Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray] thing. We get it. He's really good. So is Mahomes. Ask 30 other GMs which QB they'd like to build a team from scratch around and you'll probably get 15 votes for Allen and 15 for Mahomes.

And face facts: it's just a quirk of drafting history that we don't have Mahomes instead of Allen.

They're good. Really, really good. WE'RE good. There will be many epic battles over the next decade. It's Peyton vs. Brady c. 2007. Let's retire the inferiority complex at long last and stop it with the "my guy is better than your guy" nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Lazy take.

Rings don’t make a QB great.

If they did then Flacco is better than Kelly.

I'll take Flacco over Kelly if he wins us a Super Bowl. Jim had zero good Super Bowls. Joe had one.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Bills fans (some Bills fans) need to get over this whole Allen is better than [fill in the blank: Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray] thing. We get it. He's really good. So is Mahomes. Ask 30 other GMs which QB they'd like to build a team from scratch around and you'll probably get 15 votes for Allen and 15 for Mahomes.

And face facts: it's just a quirk of drafting history that we don't have Mahomes instead of Allen.

They're good. Really, really good. WE'RE good. There will be many epic battles over the next decade. It's Peyton vs. Brady c. 2007. Let's retire the inferiority complex at long last and stop it with the "my guy is better than your guy" nonsense. 

Too late, this was all started several years ago when several posters claimed that the Bills were idiots for not drafting the Rat, and that was a theme that lasted a long time. Now that Josh looks better than him, they need to be reminded of their bad take. :D

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.