Allen is better

george c

50 minutes ago, george c said:

That Grim Reaper thing lasted about a week for Mahomes. LOL. 

What a total choke job.

Friends, we have the honor of having the most dangerous QB in the NFL today.

Lets get this defense straightened out. 

I was just on the KC boards and read the best comment. 

Dude says, "I guess the Bengals took the advice from the Blue Oyster Cult, don't fear the reaper."

Lmao!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Rico said:

Allen is better, and so is Burrow.

This.  

Mahomes is one of the elite, but Allen and Burrow have passed him in the young QB hierarchy of talent/ability. 

Mahomes has had the luxury of two of the best playmakers of this generation on the same team.

Allen had him beat in a game where Mahomes was “on”.   The defense and coaching, along with a bad luck coin toss were needed to rob him of the victory.  

Burrow caught Mahomes on a bad day, and his defense was able to capitalize.  

Id take either of them over Mahomes if I’m starting a team that doesn’t automatically come with Hill & Kelce.  Maybe even Herbert. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Process said:

That had to be the worst half of his career. He was so bad. 

Sensitive Bills fans need to be ready to see Burrow considered better than Allen all off-season. People, and the media, are constantly looking for a reason (doesn't have to be legitimate) to knock Allen down a peg. And they got it. 

Why does it have to be “knock Allen down a peg”?

Burrow played 2 great playoff games.  He showed grit and poise and came back from a deficit.  He also led his team to beat KC in the regular season.

He’s #1 in completion percentage, #6 in passing yards (Allen is #8), right next to Allen for passing TDs and INTs.

There are objective metrics and game results that are a reasonable basis to believe he’s better than Allen or at least as good, without “looking for a reason to knock Allen down a peg”.  When you win, you’re considered a better QB than when you lose, that’s just how it is.

Edit: I need to add that’s not my opinion, of course.  I wouldn’t trade our rocket-armed Centaur for any QB on the planet.

My point is just that people can honestly believe Burrows is a better QB at this point on objective metrics and results, without being motivated to “knock Allen down”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I believe Allen went down an absolute hero last week. Every time his back was against the wall and the game looked out of reach he would answer the call. Shot for shot - he never gave up. 

Mahomes is obviously an amazing QB, but the narrative after tonight won’t be so kind. He couldn’t get the job done and was a key piece in the downfall of the team tonight.

one thing I will say… QB can be debated, but fanbase can’t. I know This place gets pretty doom and gloom after a loss, but ChiefsPlanet is an absolute meltdown rn. 

Burrow plays with a swagger, and he’s damn good too. Kid went from winning a National Championship in college (where he was an absolute stud) to getting injured midway through last year, comes back from a torn ACL and is now heading to the SB. Can’t take that away from him that’s for sure.

All that being said, I’d never take anyone in the league over Allen. He is gonna pick up where he left off, settle some unfinished business, and go scorched earth next season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I for one will take no peace in Mahomes blowing it against anyone but the Bills. Now it will be Mahomes, Burrow 1 and 2 if you ask the media.

Yep, and it won't even matter that Allen played far superior to Burrow.

The Bills got the L, and the friggin Bengals are in the Super Bowl

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Who honestly gives a flying**** how the media spins in 

If you have 46 chromosomes it's clear who the most dynamic player in the NFL is 

And his name is Josh Allen

Dang it, you edited this before I could loop back and quip “if you have 52 chromosomes, you’re probably a Platypus and don’t have much interest in football”

4 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I was just on the KC boards and read the best comment. 

Dude says, "I guess the Bengals took the advice from the Blue Oyster Cult, don't fear the reaper."

Lmao!

That’s.  Perfect.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Burrow played 2 great playoff games.  He showed grit and poise and came back from a deficit.  He also led his team to beat KC in the regular season.

He’s #1 in completion percentage, #6 in passing yards (Allen is #8), right next to Allen for passing TDs and INTs.

There are objective metrics and game results that are a reasonable basis to believe he’s better than Allen or at least as good, without “looking for a reason to knock Allen down a peg”.  When you win, you’re considered a better QB than when you lose, that’s just how it is.

Because that's how it works with the press.

It's started already. Interviews about how Burrow led Cincy to victory, when his defense held KC scoreless 7 of 8 possessions from the end of the first half. I mean, he's obviously a good qb but he hasn't exactly set the world on fire in the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

It's started already. Interviews about how Burrow led Cincy to victory, when his defense held KC scoreless 7 of 8 possessions from the end of the first half. I mean, he's obviously a good qb but he hasn't exactly set the world on fire in the playoffs 

Yup.  If the Bills' defense had held the Chefs to 24 points...

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, zow2 said:

He is shining.  the downfall is that our D hasn’t matched up to KC in the playoffs 2 straight years 

And his coach hasn't matched his excellence. He's not comfortable with a superstar at QB. He would prefer Mac Jones so he can punt and play defense rather than go for it on fourth down from his own 36, which he can do with Allen. We have the right QB but the wrong head coach. 

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Process said:

That had to be the worst half of his career. He was so bad. 

Sensitive Bills fans need to be ready to see Burrow considered better than Allen all off-season. People, and the media, are constantly looking for a reason (doesn't have to be legitimate) to knock Allen down a peg. And they got it. 

Not so fast. Burrow, for as good as he is, did not light it up today. 

3 things that contributed to their win:

1) Cincy DC adjusted at half

2) Mahomes played horribly in 2nd half - hero ball

3) Cincy had the rabbit’s foot - it happens 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Edit: I need to add that’s not my opinion, of course.  I wouldn’t trade our rocket-armed Centaur for any QB on the planet.

My point is just that people can honestly believe Burrows is a better QB at this point on objective metrics and results, without being motivated to “knock Allen down”

I can’t agree on “played two great games”

He was fortunate his defense and Mahomes lacklustre play bailed him out after his mediocre day

43 minutes ago, Doc said:

But the team that wins the coin toss still has a 10-2 record this year.  That's a problem.

Huh?  The Bills' defense let up 36 points in regulation.  The Bengals allowed 24.  The loss of Tre was huge.

Rewatch the last 13 seconds... it's the coaching not the defense that lost the game. 

Also Cinci had a spy on Mahomes all game and delayed rush, again,  coaching. 

#1 D in the league, plus Josh Allen top 3 offense and we won only 11 games (10 in the first 17 weeks)? 0-6 in one score games? Coaching. 

54 minutes ago, Rico said:

Well, if Burrow gets a ring this year, I can't blame them. But in their last games, Josh left the field an epic winner and the Rat had another epic meltdown, that can not be denied. Josh is still in the top 2 no matter what.

No matter what, we are in a new golden era of QBs once again...

Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lamar...   the AFC is going to be damn exciting...throw in a Mayfield too

13 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Accurate.  Burrow hasn’t looked elite in these playoffs, but when I say I’d take Allen or Burrow over Mahomes, that doesn’t mean I think Burrow is on Allen’s level… I think Allen is THE most talented QB in the league..  it means I think the shine is coming off Mahomes a bit.  

For instance, Allen had to will us, and elevate us, to what should have been (two) game winning drives.   Mahomes erased it with a dump off to Tyreek Hill.   He’s obviously more than that, but give Allen, Burrow or Herbert those two generational talents - Kelce/Hill - and I think they’re more dominant with them than Mahomes has been. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.