Jim Harbaugh expected to take Dolphins job over Minnesota. (Update) Mike McDaniel now is the possible front runner for Miami

BuffaloBills1998

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I did actually say last year when they decided on the two headed monster co-OC arrangement that they should have gone hard for McDaniel as OC to bring the Shanny stretch zone. Obviously once LaFleur went to the Jets San Fran was never letting him go. I think it is a good fit for what their players do, think Gaskin would be a beast in that offense and it is a scheme designed to maximise limited physical skillsets at Quarterback like Tua. 

Whether he is ready to be a HC I have absolutely no idea but I think he could run the type of offense that Miami should be running. 

The upside for the Bills is having two stretch zone offenses in division helps simplify preparation.

Hopefully the Bills rush offense gets away from stretch zone and is more like the late season version.    The Tee Martin interview had to get one thinking about implementing more of the Ravens run design.......something McDermott never should have abandoned in the first place(for a stretch zone O with Dennison).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The upside for the Bills is having two stretch zone offenses in division helps simplify preparation.

Hopefully the Bills rush offense gets away from stretch zone and is more like the late season version.    The Tee Martin interview had to get one thinking about implementing more of the Ravens run design.......something McDermott never should have abandoned in the first place(for a stretch zone O with Dennison).

I agree totally with this post Badol. The interesting thing is I never felt like it was a great schematic fit for Zack Wilson. I think you develop him much more the Josh Allen way. Give him full field reads and let him throw a gazillion picks as a rookie and then develop him from there. 

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If he's out of the running for HC everywhere, Bienemy should reach out to every organization which has hired a new HC and express his willingness to be considered for lateral positions

I've wondered this myself. Is he not getting seriously considered because he works with Reid and Mahomes? Right or wrong, I'm sure thats a conversation with owners

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I had a similar thought: that one interest of the Bills regarding Tee Martin, is what ideas does he have for how the Ravens very effective run game design could be integrated with a much more effective passing game?

Of course, the place it would need to start is with a much more effective run blocking OL

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I see him as a yes man to Shanny Jr. Is he some sort of established coordinator or leader - What am I missing 

Not really. He's just from the "Coaching Tree" like McVay, like Taylor, like LeFleur. 

From the PFN article re: the possible McDaniel hire

The Dolphins are McDaniel’s only known head coach interview — ever. But the team clearly sees the upside of the Yale-educated former Broncos ball boy who has helped construct an offense that didn’t need elite quarterback play to reach the Conference Championship Game.

I think the quote speaks for itself 😂

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I see him as a yes man to Shanny Jr. Is he some sort of established coordinator or leader - What am I missing 

💯 

I don’t know much about the guy other than a couple press conferences, but from QB coach, to OC to HC in the matter of a year….sounds similar to Anthony Lynn, minus.  

Can he be a leader of men?  Can he run the shanahan offense effectively while also being the Head Coach?  Who will his OC be and is that guy worthy of being an OC? Lots of questions.  While I really love the shanny offense, I really hope that this happens.  I smell tainted sushi

• Reed83HOF changed the title to Jim Harbaugh plans to sign with Minnesota
11 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I guess I don't understand.  Wouldn't he be making a boat load more $$ at Michigan?

Harbaugh is still butt hurt that Michigan made him take a pay cut last year. Harbaugh seems like a very vindictive human being.

• Like (+1) 1