Jim Harbaugh expected to take Dolphins job over Minnesota. (Update) Mike McDaniel now is the possible front runner for Miami

BuffaloBills1998

30 minutes ago, Peter said:

Wow. The Dolphins owner (Ross), who is a Michigan alum, previously said that he would not take him from Michigan.

Maybe, he changed his mind if he thought that Harbaugh was going to leave in any event.

Alot like coaches saying they aren't leaving until they are on a plane.

These guys never want to look lie they got turned down so they keep it quiet until it is true.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Arguable.  But Josh being the best QB negates anything else.

I don't think it's arguable at all, it's pretty clear cut.

Harbaugh is 44-19-1 (.695) as an NFL head coach. The 49ers did not have a winning season in 9 years prior to when he took over, in his 4 seasons he went to a super bowl and 2 more conference Chamionship games with Alex Smith and Kaepernick as his QBs. His team lost a close super bowl to a white hot Joe Flacco who had a historic postseason. 

He's also won 12 challenges in 4 seasons opposed to the 6 by McD in 5 seasons. 

He's been more more successful than McDermott with less talent at his disposal and it's not even really close. 

• Like (+1) 1

find it interesting that a Michigan booster,  would steal Jim away from the Wolverines just as he finally beat OSU.    why would the both of them willingly want to draw the ire of the entirety of  University of Michigan.

i think if hes hired down there,   he'll continue to be sub par like he was for nearly the entirety of his Michigan tenure.  unless he suddenly lucks into a QB that can rival ours,  which i dont see happening.     

college is a different beast,  if u have a meh QB,  u can cover it up with surrounding talent,  NFL,  not so much.

21 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Hope he doesn't go too Miami.  We have the best QB in the division but we'd have the 3rd head coach. 

True--people here for some reason are pissing on Harbaugh, I think maybe b/c he's kind of a weird guy. (He seems nutty to me).  

He did a HELL of a job in San Fran.  That's wasn't that long ago; I would rather him go somewhere outside of the AFC East.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I don't think it's arguable at all, it's pretty clear cut.

Harbaugh is 44-19-1 (.695) as an NFL head coach. The 49ers did not have a winning season in 9 years prior to when he took over, in his 4 seasons he went to a super bowl and 2 more conference Chamionship games with Alex Smith and Kaepernick as his QBs. His team lost a close super bowl to a white hot Joe Flacco who had a historic postseason. 

He's also won 12 challenges in 4 seasons opposed to the 6 by McD in 5 seasons. 

He's been more more successful than McDermott with less talent at his disposal and it's not even really close. 

McD taking the Bills to the playoffs his first season, with far less talent than Harbaugh had, was impressive.  The next year the Bills had $70M in dead cap to get rid of.  The last 2 seasons are what's most important.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

find it interesting that a Michigan booster,  would steal Jim away from the Wolverines just as he finally beat OSU.    why would the both of them willingly want to draw the ire of the entirety of  University of Michigan.

Fin’s owner’s logic will be if he didn’t hire him, he still would’ve left and for a different team. 

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

True--people here for some reason are pissing on Harbaugh, I think maybe b/c he's kind of a weird guy. (He seems nutty to me).  

He did a HELL of a job in San Fran.  That's wasn't that long ago; I would rather him go somewhere outside of the AFC East.

He did a helluva job until he lost the locker room and the players hated him

21 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Supposedly he’s bringing Pep Hamilton as OC and Vic Fangio as DC

They are both his guys so that makes sense. 

He will make the Fish competitive. But he isn't a threat to win a Championship. No coach bottles the big game better than Jim.