AFCCG - Bengals @ Chiefs

Steptide

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Just finished watching the game a little behind real time.

Good for the Bengals!  They marched in there and did what we couldn't do, even after losing the toss in OT.

Better DL play, better coaching/adjustments in 2nd half, and a semi-off game for Mahomes all contibuted to the win IMO.  Of course the turnovers but that's part of Mahomes' down game.

It turned into a really good game and I enjoyed it; all I was asking for.

I just hope the next one is as good, and the SB is too.

Also, for me, the Bills loss in KC is now easier to take.

It wasn't meant to be our year.

We spanked the chiefs earlier this season and Mahomes was off there too. I think we got his best game of the year and we still had them beat, the last drive of the game should have never went that way.

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

Yep he not only f*cked us in his play calling last week he f*cked us by eliminating any chance of getting two third rounders for him being hired elsewhere.

He seems to be a high quality human being so I have no hatred for him. I just don’t think highly of him as a coach.

:thumbsup:

I've been pretty quiet about saying anything bad about Frazier, not like I was for Daboll. Glad he is now gone. Just kinda hoping some team would hire Frazier too. 

Think about it though, the entire NFL world watched what we watched with that supposed #1 Buffalo defense giving up 552 yards of offense to KC in that playoff game.

Not only that, that last kickoff series in allowing the Chiefs to move the ball into FG range with only 13 seconds. Inexplicably, the Bills defense covered the sideline... but not the Chiefs two best receivers in Hill, Kelce.

Giving up 41 points at home to a run first team with scruffy QB 11 of 20 for 106, RB Taylor 32 rushes for 185 yards and 4 TDs. Yea sure, #1 Defense.

Something needs to change.

31 minutes ago, Rico said:

Is Charlie Ricker the play-by-play guy who goes "KAN-SAS CITY"? :thumbdown:

What is your issue with KC? Yes they have some obnoxious fans but all teams do.  

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We spanked the chiefs earlier this season and Mahomes was off there too. I think we got his best game of the year and we still had them beat, the last drive of the game should have never went that way.

It took a near perfect game from Allen to do so. The over-rated number 1 defense didn't do anything. 

4 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It took a near perfect game from Allen to do so. The over-rated number 1 defense didn't do anything. 

The overrated defense in the 1st game had a pick 6 and an int by a DL, it took a perfect game by mahomes to win the playoff game 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The overrated defense in the 1st game had a pick 6 and an int by a DL, it took a perfect game by mahomes to win the playoff game 

At the same time the overrated defense couldn't get a stop when they needed to most of the game. 

BTW you should be happy an Ohio team is playing for the Super Bowl. 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

At the same time the overrated defense couldn't get a stop when they needed to most of the game. 

BTW you should be happy an Ohio team is playing for the Super Bowl. 

Yes, I’m aware. Mahomes played a perfect game last week. I’m not a bengals fan but I’ll cheer for them in the SB, they have a bunch of Buckeyes on the team.

18 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I wouldn't say anything but definitely came up short when we needed them. Hopefully McD takes notes and makes some changes to the D, cant be so conservative, need to be more aggressive like we do on offense.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I hope so. Feels like it will never be our year. 

Sometimes, but we have the QB to do it and the organization that wants to as well. You never know for sure but i believe we will get it done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

One thing is for certain in my mind.

Hopefully the Bengals take advantage of this season and win it all. By and large they really snuck up on a lot of teams this year. They will not have that benefit next season. 

They now play with a target on their backs and will get EVERYONE'S best punch next season. Being the hunted isn't quite the same.

Looking forward to matching up with them next season. Burrow vs Allen should be a great game.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, evek said:

The Chiefs look like they might end up as the next dynasty that never was. Just like the Legion of Boom Seahawks. You love to see it.

They’ve hosted the last four AFC championship games and have 1 super bowl win out of that  … not ideal per their standards, I’m sure 

Edited by YoloinOhio

59 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Many, many, many reasons, but it’s late. I will just give you one & say that I LOATHE any team whose fanbase does the Tomahawk chop, what a bunch of assclowns.

Why are you sticking up for the Chiefs? Are you from KC? 

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hope so. Feels like it will never be our year. 

Yep. Was talking to my wife and she pointed out how it seemed like everything in the NFL this year was upside down. Rodgers out. Brady out. Mahomes vanquished. Bills losing to Jags. Titans lose to Jets. Colts lose to Jags.

But the one thing you can count on is that the Buffalo Bills fans will get their funking hearts broken. You can always count on that. I know this isn't life or death, but seriously, when is it our time? I feel like it never will be. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Jim
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Rico said:

Many, many, many reasons, but it’s late. I will just give you one & say that I LOATHE any team whose fanbase does the Tomahawk chop, what a bunch of assclowns.

Why are you sticking up for the Chiefs? Are you from KC? 

Not at all I live in Niagara Canada. I wasn't sticking up for them at all.  In fact I'm happy the Bengals won as I put money on them to win the Super Bowl when the playoffs started. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.