AFCCG - Bengals @ Chiefs

Steptide

This ended better than I could have hoped. I didn’t want the Chiefs to get rolled. It meant we battled a team we should’ve beat handily if we wanted to go to the SB.

But the Chiefs were the much better team for a good portion of this game and had a total melt down. They let it get away. 

All that said. It was going to be tough for any team to get back up after that epic divisional game. As an athlete/team you only get a couple goes down the track with that kind intensity. It’s not sustainable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sirebors said:

Is it so difficult to spell "Chiefs" correctly? It gives me a brain ache just looking at this post. 

Everytime I type "Chiefs" in my phone it auto corrects to "cheifs" 🤷 probly my keyboard. Blame it on me for not correcting it 

• Simon changed the title to AFCCG - Bengals @ Chiefs
33 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Great person but we need a more aggressive thinking DC and if Sean is not allowing him to coach then that to is a problem

Frazier’s defensive principles are McDermott’s defensive principles.  They believe in getting a rush with the front 4 which allows for the back 7 to sit in the zones and clog up throwing lanes.   They don’t believe in blitzing because it leaves the back 7 vulnerable.    A different DC would probably be similar because the head coach believes in that style.

As opposed to wishing for a change in coaching philosophy wish for more impactful pass rushing from anyone not named Ed Oliver.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 2

So it seems like the bengals didn’t really adjust a lot. They played the chiefs pretty straight, but with a spy, all game. Per PM:

“They just had a spy on me, for the most part, and I’ve usually done a good job getting around that guy, but they had a good game plan,” Mahomes said, via TheAthletic.com. “They were doing a lot of similar stuff in the first half, we were just executing at a higher level. They stayed with it. But I mean, I gotta be better. I mean when you’re up 21-3 at one point in the game, you can’t lose it, and I put that on myself.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/30/patrick-mahomes-you-cant-go-up-21-3-and-lose-thats-on-me/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.