I should be getting ready to go to the stadium right now

Einstein

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Because I enjoy talking about my Bills. There is a difference between discussing a game and wallowing in misery over a game. If you want to do the latter, be my guest. You have the right to do so. I also have the right to comment when I think it is a bit excessive or unhealthy.

Feel free to comment.

Probably best not to create strawman arguments though. 

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Because I enjoy talking about my Bills. There is a difference between discussing a game and wallowing in misery over a game. If you want to do the latter, be my guest. You have the right to do so. I also have the right to comment when I think it is a bit excessive or unhealthy.

What benefits you from talking down to a poster that is expressing how he feels about the team that we all like?  No offense, but I think it's unhealthy to comment about how someone is feeling when you don't have a dog in the fight.  Just let people vent instead of putting them down.

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

A) I posted a response to another poster questioning who could possibly already be over this loss...to which my response was:  a mentally health and stable person (to paraphrase my original response).

B) Sleeping like crap and tossing and turning the night before a big event is not really a stretch.  It's pretty normal.  To be carrying on and crying like a child a week after is pathetic.

Uh huh....

"Sleeping like crap and tossing and turning because a football game isnt on" = Mentally healthy and stable.

"Bitching because a coaching staff ruined a prime chance at a Super Bowl" = Not Mentally healthy and stable.

Its so clear now. Thank you for explaining.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm surprised at the criticism of those having a hard time getting past this- especially as the season continues.

The scenario is nearly beyond comprehension.  Josh slayed the dragon.  It was his moment and he arrived as possibly the best QB in football.  It was not just "the drive" but two drives.  That was to be the talking point- it's our time.  It was to be an amazing moment in Buffalo sports history.  Then we were coming home for the AFCCG as a heavy favorite to go to the Super Bowl.  Waiting in the Super Bowl, no not Rodgers or Brady, you have Jimmy G or Stafford...

And then, all pissed away.  No, not by some amazing play where you just tip your cap.  It wasn't taken from us.  It was given away by incompetent coaching to a level that is hard to imagine all in the biggest moment.  Completely unacceptable.

I will not criticize anyone having trouble processing this.  It's a whole new level of heartbreak.

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• Simon unlocked this topic
2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I should be putting on my zubaz over layers of long underwear and sweatpants.

I should be preparing a thermos full of warm beverage.

I should be listening to pre-game on the radio.

I should be deciding which lot I want to tailgate in.

I should be checking Twitter for guesses on game day inactives.

I should be checking the weather thread for any last minute updates.

But instead i’m doing none of these things. 

Due to the worst 13 seconds of coaching that my brain can ever remember.

/End bitching.

In game situational decisions by ultra-concervative coaches can undermine courageous, historic performances by mega-talented, prideful hero players. My tolerance and forgiving acceptance of these soul-crushing failures is wearing thin as I grow older. Supporters of Sean and McCarthy and Staley will offer excuses like "they get their players to really play hard though". Believe this,when you're personally responsible for devastating playoff losses, those players who left their guts on the field will lose their will eventually. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, phypon said:

What benefits you from talking down to a poster that is expressing how he feels about the team that we all like?  No offense, but I think it's unhealthy to comment about how someone is feeling when you don't have a dog in the fight.  Just let people vent instead of putting them down.

This from a poster who told me to get off my computer and go outside.

Posters like you keep reminding everyone that this is a message board and people have a right to express themselves. You are absolutely correct. That means "everyone." Because somebody disagrees with you, it doesn't necessarily mean they are speaking down to you. If I respond to someone who has expressed the same opinion ad nauseam in thread after thread - and created new threads to express the same opinion - that it doesn't seem very healthy, that is my opinion. If you feel that is speaking down to someone, fine.

You seem to want certain posters to be able to express themselves free of any comments that that don't support/approve of their posts or the emotions/motivations behind the posts. Perhaps it is just me, but that seems contrary to your "people have a right to express themselves" stance.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, phypon said:

Blah blah blah….the push back is because this is the umpteenth NEW thread that some poster decided that he could not add to an existing waa waa thread….so decided he was special and had something new to say…I wish people would add their age to posts like this ….would be comical….I am 57 and had seasons to all 4 SB years…Life ain’t fair folks

• Agree 1

In looking at your list, other than listening to the pregame show and checking for inactives, you can still do those things. It's not too late and traffic should be a breeze. Go get em, tiger! Cheer up and go outside and play!

Doing my best to cheer you up. Hope it helps.

:beer::beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

This from a poster who told me to get off my computer and go outside.

Posters like you keep reminding everyone that this is a message board and people have a right to express themselves. You are absolutely correct. That means "everyone." Because somebody disagrees with you, it doesn't necessarily mean they are speaking down to you. If I respond to someone who has expressed the same opinion ad nauseam in thread after thread - and created new threads to express the same opinion - that it doesn't seem very healthy, that is my opinion. If you feel that is speaking down to someone, fine.

You seem to want certain posters to be able to express themselves free of any comments that that don't support/approve of their posts or the emotions/motivations behind the posts. Perhaps it is just me, but that seems contrary to your "people have a right to express themselves" stance.

Oh no you don't.  you took my words out of context to fit your narrative.  There is a difference from expressing feelings and invalidating someone else's feelings.  You came in here telling posters to "get over it" in a sense.  You offer nothing to the conversation that other's who have entered this thread to express how they are feeling today.  In essence, you are trolling.

• Disagree 2

Suck it up buttercup we're all there with you all over the US it sucks for sure !

I'm still not sure who i want to root for though . I would like to see the Bengals beat the Chiefs but if they do win then there isn't the chance of the Chiefs having the supreme disappointment of losing another SB and i want them to feel as much pain as we Bills fans feel .

Also we could have a rematch next year & whoop them so it would be a double whammy in the hurt department ...

18 minutes ago, phypon said:

Oh no you don't.  you took my words out of context to fit your narrative.  There is a difference from expressing feelings and invalidating someone else's feelings.  You came in here telling posters to "get over it" in a sense.  You offer nothing to the conversation that other's who have entered this thread to express how they are feeling today.  In essence, you are trolling.

You seem very angry - and a bit hypocritical:

I came in here and expressed how I feel. You are telling me I have nothing to offer and to basically "get over" how I feel and to "stop it.". That seems somewhat invalidating and, by your very definition, "trolling."  You know, that whole "people in glass houses..." thing.

This might feel a bit nuanced to you; however, telling someone that the manner in which they are handling or expressing their feelings is unhealthy is not the same as invalidating their feelings.

Edited by billsfan1959

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

You seem very angry - and a bit hypocritical:

I came in here and expressed how I feel. You are telling me I have nothing to offer and to basically "get over" how I feel and to "stop it.". That seems somewhat invalidating and, by your very definition, "trolling."  You know, that whole "people in glass houses..." thing.

This might feel a bit nuanced to you; however, that telling someone that the manner in which they are handling or expressing their feelings is unhealthy is not the same as invalidating their feelings, right?

You mean like when you said, "Because I enjoy talking about my Bills. There is a difference between discussing a game and wallowing in misery over a game. If you want to do the latter, be my guest. You have the right to do so. I also have the right to comment when I think it is a bit excessive or unhealthy."

So, now you're insulting me by saying "This might feel a bit nuanced to you", so an ad hominem.  Okay.  By telling someone their feelings are unhealthy is precisely the definition of invalidation.  The guy just wanted to say how today is having an effect on him and you're telling him that the way he feels is wrong. Do you really not see that?  I'm sorry, but I just don't like when people tell others that what they feel is wrong, especially when the wound is still fresh.