Josh is playing in the Pebble Beach pro am next week.

Southern Bills Fan

43 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:
9 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Pro am cut line for pairs

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2022/at-t-pebble-beach-pro-am/amateur-leaderboard.html

yep top 25 made cut. Strangely some who shot -19 made it and some at -19 got cut- not sure how they figured that out??

They called the NFL for advice and they said "Eh...just flip a coin"

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:
10 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Pro am cut line for pairs

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2022/at-t-pebble-beach-pro-am/amateur-leaderboard.html

yep top 25 made cut. Strangely some who shot -19 made it and some at -19 got cut- not sure how they figured that out??

Tiebreaks are based on what the pro's score is. Heard that during the broadcast.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, mjfbillsfan said:

Maybe on Thursday mercury sun but everyone on that golf course today knew who Josh Allen was.  You constantly overheard about the number of Bills fans there. It was an awesome Bills experience. Watched them lose twice this year (kc and Indy) and while I would of rather him not be eligible to have played in this event this year, it was a nice consolation prize in some respect.  Him and his family were super cool and nice to my kids; he signed the autographs, gave fist bumps, posed for photos and created some great memories.  In words of TO “that’s my quarterback”.   Long live JA17. Go Bills. 

Nice experience, especially to share with your kids.  So there were a decent amount of Bills fans on the course - were many following him? 

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Nice experience, especially to share with your kids.  So there were a decent amount of Bills fans on the course - were many following him? 

Yes.  Tons of Bills fans and a lot of people wanted to talk about the KC game and how great the O was and about 13 seconds. He was obviously the biggest draw in terms of gear people were wearing. Real cool experience. Local paper from back home got wind of it and wrote an article. https://wellsvillesun.com/blog/2022/02/06/meeting-josh-allen-wellsvilles-mike-felsen-and-family-enjoy-a-day-they-will-never-forget-as-buffalo-bills-qb-golfs-in-pro-am/?fbclid=IwAR0s1HXZ5hSEUXBLLMSyWFEkX0YQGoLaiPSY0hAka6eLgMoA7uNWJLGaJjY

great experience but hopefully both JA17 and me and family are not going to Pebble Beach this time next year. Go Bills. 

• Awesome! (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, mjfbillsfan said:

Yes.  Tons of Bills fans and a lot of people wanted to talk about the KC game and how great the O was and about 13 seconds. He was obviously the biggest draw in terms of gear people were wearing. Real cool experience. Local paper from back home got wind of it and wrote an article. https://wellsvillesun.com/blog/2022/02/06/meeting-josh-allen-wellsvilles-mike-felsen-and-family-enjoy-a-day-they-will-never-forget-as-buffalo-bills-qb-golfs-in-pro-am/?fbclid=IwAR0s1HXZ5hSEUXBLLMSyWFEkX0YQGoLaiPSY0hAka6eLgMoA7uNWJLGaJjY

great experience but hopefully both JA17 and me and family are not going to Pebble Beach this time next year. Go Bills. 

That's awesome - hopefully Josh felt the love.

A few years ago at Bills TC we were sitting in the VIP section in the stands - we had the pic in my avatar of my Dad and son w/ Josh from the year before, my son brought an 8x10 just in case there was an opportunity to have Josh sign.  We soon noticed that near us in the stands was Josh's family - his mom, dad, grandmother, sister, and the lovely Britt.  On a dare my son went down and asked if they would sign the back - they were all extremely cool about it and passed it around and each signed and laughed - and chatted up my son for a few minutes.  Very genuine cool people.

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Shouldn't she be his fiancee by now?

I would say that's between her and Josh, and no one else.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My friend is there and took a pic with Josh’s girlfriend and said she was super nice.  He has great pics and videos right there on tee box of Josh teeing off.  So jealous, he’s also a big Bills fan.  

Tell your friend to share with you and you share with us

5 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

The league is not going to like Josh decided to play golf instead of the Probowl. This may come back to bite us with critical 3rd down penalties. 

in the past years the tourney at PB was after the SB.  You didn’t have the pro bowl conflict.

it was usually Torrey pines in San Diego on the nfl off week, Phoenix on super Sunday, then pebble beach,then LA.  When SB was in Phoenix then it would flip Torrey pines and Phoenix weekends.

this year with SB moving a week later they had to shift things.

of course if buffalo was in the super bowl he wouldn’t be golfing.

the pro am is different because you have name celebs from athletes from other sports and actor.s musicians and other known names like corporate CEOs or politicians/ former military.  

billy Murray has been a staple for this for years.  As what was mentioned…they interviewed Allen on TV.  I think yesterday he wasn’t playing at pebble beach but on one of the other courses.

The league isn’t going to care.  He wasn’t named an original selectee for it.  

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haha

I love how he lets them yell at people to get back for 10 seconds knowing the whole time he's just gonna grab and chuck it.

I've never golfed in my life, I am assuming that's not allowed?

Edited by Process

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Watching professional golfers play golf on TV is pretty tedious and boring.

Watching celebrities and non-professional golfers golf on TV must be like watching trash cans dry.

😬

actually watching the celebs on Saturday is interesting where they do some interviews and it can be a little more light hearted that the professional seriousness of the players.

I watch the major tournaments.  Others I might have on if I’m home.  If it’s a close finish I’ll pay more attention to it.

it’s similar to watching baseball.  You might not pay attention to it till late in the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.