Josh is playing in the Pebble Beach pro am next week.

Southern Bills Fan

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Allen is playing Pebble Beach on Saturday, which means the obligatory interview on 17, sure it will be aired and a lot of shots if he hits anything well.  

Yes he is a big deal this year.

Well, he's not guaranteed Saturday yet, they have to make the cut first.  But, it appears as though they will make the cut so far.  

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Well, he's not guaranteed Saturday yet, they have to make the cut first.  But, it appears as though they will make the cut so far.  

No everyone plays three rounds (as three courses) and cut is after Saturday.

Don't worry, Allen will get plenty of play tomorrow.....🤣

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No everyone plays three rounds (as three courses) and cut is after Saturday.

Don't worry, Allen will get plenty of play tomorrow.....🤣

Correct - it’s weird in that the pro can be way out of the regular tournament but is still playing due to the pro-am format 

another cool thing is Josh’s father is caddying for him

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Allen must be in the tank lol.  Mitchell is -4 after 8 holes today and they aren’t gaining any ground in the team event.  

With Josh’s low handicap it’s hard for him to contribute. If he’s had a 7 handicap (which I think is close to what he is) he only contributes to the team with a birdie on handicap holes 8-18 and with a par on handicap holes 1-7. He’s not going to birdie these courses very often and paring the toughest 7 holes is tough. His best chance to help the team is paring a hole his partner bogeys.

yesterday Mitchell was -2 and the team was -4 so Allen contributing two strokes. Today Mitchell is -3 through 9 (just bogeyed hole 9) and the team is -8 through 8

9 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Didn't think it was possible but stuff like this makes me love Josh even more

Mitchell bogeyed 9 but team is still -8 through 9 so Josh must have contributed on 9 with a par

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Unless the Torrey changed…

they rotate the first 3 days among the three courses there.

after Saturday is cut day

based on top for tournament as a pro and top tanked teams make the cut for Sunday  and they play on pebble beach.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

With Josh’s low handicap it’s hard for him to contribute. If he’s had a 7 handicap (which I think is close to what he is) he only contributes to the team with a birdie on handicap holes 8-18 and with a par on handicap holes 1-7. He’s not going to birdie these courses very often and paring the toughest 7 holes is tough. His best chance to help the team is paring a hole his partner bogeys.

yesterday Mitchell was -2 and the team was -4 so Allen contributing two strokes. Today Mitchell is -3 through 9 (just bogeyed hole 9) and the team is -8 through 8

Mitchell bogeyed 9 but team is still -8 through 9 so Josh must have contributed on 9 with a par

Currently the Mitchell/Allen team is tied for 25th, 9 strokes off.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

Didn't think it was possible but stuff like this makes me love Josh 

54 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

In golf it always feels like the better player still wins in a handicap format. Meat Ball is a amazing golfer and the one person I would absolutely love to play 18 with.

Please educate me, who’s meatball?

19 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Meat Ball = former Bill Kyle Williams, who generally finishes top-10 in the American Century celebrity tourney in Tahoe at Edgewood. Nearly won it a couple years back, lost to the tournament record score at the time.

Ahh yes - momentary mind lapse. I guess he’s not celebrity enough for this tournament cuz I’m sure he’d love to play it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.