Can you correctly predict who Brian Daboll will steal from the Bills ?

HOUSE

12 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Giants are not in good cap shape, so perhaps won’t be stealing many from here.

None of these players will get the big bucks, some can be had a bargain prices.

This is why we are listing non starters in Buffalo players

Not really a lot to take from the offensive side of the ball. McKenzie?  Brieda?  I don’t think Daboll rushes to pick up either of them.  Beasley if cut?  Doubtful.  Trubisky?   Probably can’t due to QB controversy, but he would make a lot of sense otherwise.  I just don’t see much happening this year.  Maybe down the road. 

9 hours ago, HOUSE said:

None of these players will get the big bucks, some can be had a bargain prices.

This is why we are listing non starters in Buffalo players

Agreed, but can either team really afford to pay backups significant $?  I do agree that Giants will be looking for cheap players in FA, perhaps they can sign a Bill or two, but I think they will be looking to cut cap $ and build through draft with inexpensive and young FA.  I could see McKenzie or Wallace being on their radar.

On 1/29/2022 at 3:43 PM, Paul Costa said:

Is Lil’ Dirty a good fit there? Don’t they already have Toney from Florida. Isn’t he a higher end McKenzie 

Yeah, many here seem to assume that McKenzie had limited opportunities on the field because McDermott kept his thumb on him, but I don't think that's likely to be true.  I think Daboll had very broad control over who was utilized, and how, on offense.

McKenzie has spoken out about how nice Daboll was to him and "treated him like a son", giving him an open invitation to come anytime.  But that doesn't mean Daboll saw him as a capable slot receiver.

What is meant by "steal"?

A lot of the players being named are free agents.  Some, the Bills may not want back.

Some of the players being named are under contract, and would be available only through trade.

@HOUSE?

• Agree 1

On 1/29/2022 at 4:10 PM, HOUSE said:

Here are my predictions....3

Matt Breida, Jake Kumerow, Andre Smith

Based on looking who we got as Carolina North .. I would think Buffalo East would target some guys that have the right "mental make-up" to break the losing culture while they do a full rebuild even though the players they steal are not great or past their prime. Feliciano, Taiwan Jones, Levi Wallace, Boettgger  are possible cuts / free agents I could see them attracted to.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, many here seem to assume that McKenzie had limited opportunities on the field because McDermott kept his thumb on him, but I don't think that's likely to be true.  I think Daboll had very broad control over who was utilized, and how, on offense.

McKenzie has spoken out about how nice Daboll was to him and "treated him like a son", giving him an open invitation to come anytime.  But that doesn't mean Daboll saw him as a capable slot receiver.

What is meant by "steal"?

A lot of the players being named are free agents.  Some, the Bills may not want back.

Some of the players being named are under contract, and would be available only through trade.

@HOUSE?

There are many ways to steal players, You can trade for peanuts, claim off waivers or claim off the practice squad but it still stealing.

Stealing is Stealing  :w00t:

Dirty bastards...

Edited by HOUSE

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

There are many ways to steal players, You can trade for peanuts, claim off waivers or claim off the practice squad but it still stealing.

Dirty bastards...

What about Free Agency?  Don't think Waivers apply at present, nor does practice squad - PS guys have either signed Futures deals or not

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What about Free Agency?  Don't think Waivers apply at present, nor does practice squad - PS guys have either signed Futures deals or not

I was only kidding Hap

So to help out, here is a list of the Bills current FA:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/buffalo-bills/

Here is a list of the Bills current roster and their cap:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Until they hire a DC, I have no clue about who they might want on the D side of the ball

1) I think Daboll may sign Ike Boettger, who is an UFA.  His season finished with a torn Achilles, but every OL coach likes to bring a couple of "his guys" in as player coaches to help teach his blocking system and how he likes things done, and Johnson has used Boettger as an example of his technique in seminars. 

Bangedup Bills says "Due to more aggressive rehab, there have been advances that have shaved the return to play in the NFL down to six to eight months. Improvement in performance following the injury has been observed, suggesting that this isn’t as much of a career-ender as it was a decade or two before. Return-to-play rates are north of 80 percent, according to The Athletic on a profile of the Indianapolis Colts’ management of the injuries." so it's not beyond possibility to think that Boettger could be in camp next August, although probably on a LP basis (but could still be around the guys and help out).

2) Along the same lines...we owe Jon Feliciano $4.97M next season, of which only $1.5M is dead cap.  That's a lot of Sofrito for a guy who only started 6 games, only played in 9 games, and finished the last 5 games on the bench.  Time to move on.  I think Beane may try to trade him, and you never know what the BeaneMeister will pull off in that regard, but if he doesn't trade him he may cut him and Johnson may want to pick him up if he can do so at vet minimum, as one of "his guys" to teach the blocking - especially if Boettger needs more time on IR

3) Cole Beasley if he can get him.  I know the Giants are short on cap right now, but I would expect Daboll and Schoen to overhaul the roster.  Beasley was instrumental in Josh's development, helping him understand option routes and giving him a target in the middle of the field.  I'm one who tends to think that Beane's presser was, ah, "lukewarm" for a guy they plan to bring back for $7.6M in a lean cap year.  A few cuts here, a few cuts there and they could swing it - or maybe they have a piece that Beane wants.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.