What position do you consider biggest need for Bills going into this offseason?

Lost

What position do you consider biggest need for Bills going into this offseason?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. What positions would you like to see addressed first going into free agency and the NFL draft.

• CB
    • LB
    • DL
    • OL
    • WR
    • RB
    • TE
    • K/P

21 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I disagree.  White is a top 5 or 10 Cb.  Those guys are very expensive in FA and are not available outside of the top 40 picks in the draft.  Need another corner with elite traits. Not a zone corner.  We got plenty of zone guys.  Need some else to matchup up with KC and Cincy.  

And I disagree with this thought. We don’t “need” another top 10 CB outside of Tre. We need a competent one and we may already have that in either Levi or Dane. How many teams in the league have one corner with elite traits, let alone two?

51 minutes ago, 27yanks said:

A thumping MLB to help with the run defense, move Edmunds outside and show him clips of Buktus thumping folks!!!!

So when we run nickel 90% of the game, which is what we do, edmunds is to just sit on the sideline making 13M?

Just now, HappyDays said:

Lack of effective pass rush was the single biggest reason we couldn't stop the Chiefs. We need a finisher at DE.

We pressured him the majority of the game with 4.  Mahomes is a wizard at feeling the rush and escaping it.  

who do you want?  A TJ Watt level pass rusher?  How many sacks does TJ watt have in his career vs Mahomes?  I’ll wait.  

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

And I disagree with this thought. We don’t “need” another top 10 CB outside of Tre. We need a competent one and we may already have that in either Levi or Dane. How many teams in the league have one corner with elite traits, let alone two?

White was drafted where we pick are picking.  What if White never gets back to his elite level?  Having undrafted FAs and day 3 corners are not slowing the elite offense.  I feel like when you are looking at premier positions cb is top 5.  You can find a very good one back half of rd 1.  Every other position that is questionable can be upgraded day 2 and 3.  Play maker or cb can really only be upgraded day 1.  

CB - Even if Tre' is ready for opening day, we need an upgrade at #2

OL - Re-signing Bates should be a top priority, he played a better LG than anyone we've played there the past few years. He also considers himself a Center so if Morse retires we might already have his replacement. That said, we also need to add an IOL early in the draft.

WR - I think McKittrick will sign with Miami where he has a BBQ business and I think Beasley will want to go someplace where the fans don't boo him 🙄. We could use a speedster to play the slot and run under JA17's 60 yard passes (Skyy Moore in the 2nd)

DT - Re-sign Horrible Harry, wave g'bye to Star and draft a huge run stuffing DT

TE - If Knox gets injured does anybody think Sweeney can come in and produce ? ... I think competition at TE2 is necessary.

38 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Having a 10% better LB than Edmunds changes what vs KC?  Fred Warner or Darius Leonard doesnt change that outcome.  I think Edmunds style is that of a finesse pass defender.  He is not the enforcer but the NFL wants to remove that style of play.  For what Mcdermott wants out of his defense Edmunds is the guy he wants. 

Maybe we defend Tampa better in that first half, don't get spanked by the Colts, lose to the Jags, or let the Pats control game 1 by running at will.  I'm not just thinking about Kansas City.

I've seen opposing coaches (New England, San Diego) game plan to take advantage of Edmunds and do it well.

I'm all for more help in the secondary, but I think we need an impact linebacker... not just a guy with great wingspan.

Picking late in round 1, value at CB is usually there.  McBeane has impressed me with their eye for talent at corner and I do feel that they will once again make the team better.

I also firmly understand that Josh Allen is our MVP... we have to keep him protected and healthy, more offensive linemen are also welcome by this fan.

We can't always get what we want... but hopefully we get what we need. 

Whatever that turns out to be, I know we're going to be knocking on the door again with #17.  Nice!

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

We NEED great?  How many teams have two GREAT corners?  We have Tre, who is great.  We have one of the best slot corners in the league.  Many would consider him a great slot corner.  We have 2 all pro safeties……now we need another great corner…..in a McD system?   If our biggest need is having a great #2 corner to go along with our other 4 great starting DBs, than we don’t have much to worry about. 

Tyreek Hill made 39 look like he was standing still......just saying

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We pressured him the majority of the game with 4.  Mahomes is a wizard at feeling the rush and escaping it.  

Joe Buscaglia gave all of the d-linemen low marks except for Oliver and Hughes. Addison and Obada and Rousseau and Basham were non-factors in that game. It's impossible to stop Mahomes without getting pressure and finishing while only rushing 4 and we simply don't have the horses needed to do that.

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

who do you want?  A TJ Watt level pass rusher?  How many sacks does TJ watt have in his career vs Mahomes?  I’ll wait.  

This is a bad example to make your point. The Steelers defense stopped the Chiefs offense on 5 consecutive drives to start their playoff game including one where Watt scored a fumble recovery TD. Give me 5 stops against the Chiefs all game long and I'll give you a Bills Super Bowl appearance.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

After last year Beane said we need more pass rush. So he went out and drafted a de that hadn't played in a year and a guy that didn't look like he was quick enough to make a difference right away. We got some pressure on Mahomes but didn't get enough. That's really on Beane. I think DL needs addressed via FA with some type of short term impact guy, either outside (preferable) and/or inside.

As has been said about every great qb, you have to be able to get him on the ground rushing 4 in order to beat him. We were not able to get patpat on the ground last week when we needed to.

I am surprised to hear no one mention TE.  Remember those games Dawson Knox was injured?  Tommy Sweeney was invisible and Gilliam isn't an option.  Having another good TE gives us more flexbility to benefit our run game and allows us to do more 2 TE formations. 

I think we need an upgrade at RB.  Singletary is good but how would this offense look with a very good RB?

The only position I would want to upgrade on the OL would be center and that's a maybe for me.  It depends on how we are going to establish the run.  If we are going to continue to get the OL guys on the move then I think we can make it work with Morse.

My picks

Go after C Ben Jones from the Titans in free agency

1st round CB Kaiir Elam Florida (great compliment to Tre....has size, toughness)

2nd round TE Jaylen Wedeymeyer Texas A&M (could end up being better than Knox is big and can move)

3rd round Kyren Williams RB Notre Dame (looks as good if not better than singletary with a little more power and speed)

4th round or later, I'd like to see them get someone to play the 1 technique

6 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

Maybe we defend Tampa better in that first half, don't get spanked by the Colts, lose to the Jags, or let the Pats control game 1 by running at will.  I'm not just thinking about Kansas City.

I've seen opposing coaches (New England, San Diego) game plan to take advantage of Edmunds and do it well.

I'm all for more help in the secondary, but I think we need an impact linebacker... not just a guy with great wingspan.

Picking late in round 1, value at CB is usually there.  McBeane has impressed me with their eye for talent at corner and I do feel that they will once again make the team better.

I also firmly understand that Josh Allen is our MVP... we have to keep him protected and healthy, more offensive linemen are also welcome by this fan.

We can't always get what we want... but hopefully we get what we need. 

Whatever that turns out to be, I know we're going to be knocking on the door again with #17.  Nice!

Agreed.  Allen is the way.  LG can be had day 2 who probably starts day 1 and is ready to roll.  Day 3 with a bit of luck can get the same thing.  I find it hard to believe Beane draft a lineman rd 1 who isnt a tackle or center.  Is Morse retiring?  He had a hell of a year and was healthy.  Im assuming he is back.  Outside of Morse retiring I dont think Beane values Lg that much to draft a tackle rd 1 and play him at guard.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So when we run nickel 90% of the game, which is what we do, edmunds is to just sit on the sideline making 13M?

So you think the defensive mvp would have no effect for the defense? Even someone like von Miller or Ingram could replace guys on the roster and we would be better.

I think speed at #2 CB. I love Levi, appreciate what he’s accomplished, and want him to return to the team for sure, but we have 1 great outside CB and one good outside CB. If we want to go toe-to-to with KC every year, we need more speed. 

I’m not sure if Ryan Bates did enough to secure an OG spot, an upgrade at LG may be needed also. 

Edmunds needs to keep expanding his knowledge and reaction skills, I kind of hope we move him to a more DE/OLB role were we can take advantage of his size, aggressiveness, and incredible speed/burst. Let him focus on rushing passers and kicking assers.

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Really hope McBeane see it this way… they love their defense though. Wouldn’t be shocked in the slightest if their first rounder is a CB as they continue the trend of defense in the first round.

They are a defensive oriented regime….. I’d love to see them take a KC approach and continue to stack the offense but I think it’s wishful thinking. The goal should be stack the offensive line and more playmakers for Allen. My guess is they continue to try and fix their defense like they try offseason after offseason…. Its similar to them not wanting to get into a shoot out with the Chiefs…. But I question why the ***** not when you have Josh Allen and our offense? 

EXACTLY!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.