I love some of you… but I hate this site right now

NewEra

25 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

McD has often said he wants to see a balance and always is praising the run game.  Can see it with Allen's stats this year.  As good as they were Allen was only 10th in the league in passing yards/gm.  

I'd love it if McD wanted the #1 Offense in Football, not the #1 Defense.  The Bills were #3 in Offense, but only 9th in passing.  Funny they were 6th in rushing (thanks Josh Allen again).  

If anything they should strive to be better on Offense, but won't hear that from McD.

What they need too is a better DL and more sacks.   Again the Bills feasted on bad QB's.  The only good QBs all year were Mahomes & Brady.  Then Tannehill & Ryan & that was it.  Then you had Newton, Roethlisberger, Wentz, back-ups & rookies.  Everything aligned for the Bills.  There was no Rodgers, Burrow, Herbert, Prescott,  Stafford, Jackson, Cousins.....  

In agree the stats were fake news on defensive side,  that side of the ball needs play makers or things will not improve.  Hyde & Poyer got interceptions because teams were trailing and had no choice but to throw the football.

2 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

Which is it?   We lost because of a bad coaching decision or we'll never know why?  It was more than the kickoff, the prevent D said here KC take easy chunks of yards with 2 timeouts.   Isn't Sean a defensive coach?    We lost because of incompetent coaching, it isnt some mystery.

I don’t know which it is.  That’s why I phrased it in that way.  I don’t pretend to know how it happened.  

The loss is on McD/Frazier.  For sure. I already said that. Why even post the bolded….. I’m not acting like it’s a mystery…..

so now that it’s official, what do you want to do about it?  Fire McD?  Fire Frazier?  Cry about it in every post and have nothing rational to say?  Say “I told you so” over and over and over and over.  Cry more.  It’s over.  We lost.  Does saying the same nonsense over and over really make people feel better?  Maybe you should make a post breaking down 13 seconds into a 12 paragraph thesis like other have done.  Introduce new analytics we haven’t yet seen regarding how terrible McD is.

we were seconds away and the coaches blew it.  I’m sick over it.  I will be for, well, probably forever.  Just like wide right.  Just like the music city miracle.  I’ve been there before.  I’m trying my best to act like it and not make a fool.  Wallowing in misery = terrible coping skills. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t know which it is.  That’s why I phrased it in that way.  I don’t pretend to know how it happened.  

The loss is on McD/Frazier.  For sure. I already said that. Why even post the bolded….. I’m not acting like it’s a mystery…..

so now that it’s official, what do you want to do about it?  Fire McD?  Fire Frazier?  Cry about it in every post and have nothing rational to say?  Say “I told you so” over and over and over and over.  Cry more.  It’s over.  We lost.  Does saying the same nonsense over and over really make people feel better?  Maybe you should make a post breaking down 13 seconds into a 12 paragraph thesis like other have done.  Introduce new analytics we haven’t yet seen regarding how terrible McD is.

we were seconds away and the coaches blew it.  I’m sick over it.  I will be for, well, probably forever.  Just like wide right.  Just like the music city miracle.  I’ve been there before.  I’m trying my best to act like it and not make a fool.  Wallowing in misery = terrible coping skills. 

Misery lasts for different amounts of time for different people. Really we need to announce a new OC to distract us from 13 seconds.

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That's all I needed.....the coaches blew it.

Accountability doesn't end with the players.   If it happens again, Im not wasting Josh on a coach who cant get it done.

18 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Misery lasts for different amounts of time for different people. Really we need to announce a new OC to distract us from 13 seconds.

for sure.  Coping with misery is another story.  

Edited by NewEra

I just read the All-22 (yes the Athletic) and again here they claim that seems the wires were crossed on the kick.

According to the stills the players were expecting a kick to the left side and were surprised by down the middle and touchback. 

If this was the case (not saying it is), again very much points to Bass not getting the instructions.  How that could happen seems unfathomable.  It comes down to coaching and ultimately McD.    

Again supports that Bass as far as he knew was kicking it as far as he could down the middle (which I've dissected in another thread and various posts).  

And then there was the defense the next two plays......  Unbelievable any way you look at it.

I never got over wide right or the MCM, nor will I this for a long time, but in a week I expect to be gone from TSW until September (I know some will miss me😜).

7 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

That's all I needed.....the coaches blew it.

Accountability doesn't end with the players.   If it happens again, Im not wasting Josh on a coach who cant get it done.

Stuff like this….what’s this mean? If we don’t win the SB next year what are you going to do?  Assassinate him?  You surely aren’t going to fire him.  If we don’t win next year, there’s a dam good chance it’ll be partly on McD (and Beane).   Maybe we should hire the next the next new coordinator candidate.  McD is a dam good HC that happened to choke in two straight season ending losses.  Firing him isn’t the answer.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Stuff like this….what’s this mean? If we don’t win the SB next year what are you going to do?  Assassinate him?  You surely aren’t going to fire him.  If we don’t win next year, there’s a dam good chance it’ll be partly on McD (and Beane).   Maybe we should hire the next the next new coordinator candidate.  McD is a dam good HC that happened to choke in two straight season ending losses.  Firing him isn’t the answer.  

What do we do if he chokes again next year?

30 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Respectfully, you need to let people vent. 

I'm a Masters level counselor, btw. 

Holding it in doesn't allow us to process it. 

That's what you're seeing on here....a whole lot of processing.

It's depressing, but it's the healthy way to deal with situations like this.

So, we should "trust" the process..?  Sounds familiar, I'm in!!  🤣 

And @NewEra:beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I just read the All-22 (yes the Athletic) and again here they claim that seems the wires were crossed on the kick.

According to the stills the players were expecting a kick to the left side and were surprised by down the middle and touchback. 

If this was the case (not saying it is), again very much points to Bass not getting the instructions.  How that could happen seems unfathomable.  It comes down to coaching and ultimately McD.    

Again supports that Bass as far as he knew was kicking it as far as he could down the middle (which I've dissected in another thread and various posts).  

And then there was the defense the next two plays......  Unbelievable any way you look at it.

I never got over wide right or the MCM, nor will I this for a long time, but in a week I expect to be gone from TSW until September (I know some will miss me😜).

Responsibility goes to the HC for hiring an idiot ST coach that doesn’t have enough common sense to tell his kicker what the plan is on the most important kickoff of his life.  

i do agree with you, it IS on McD, he’s the HC.  The HC always accepts responsibility for the blunders of his coaching staff.  But Heath……wth Heath……

If failed communication is the reason for our kickoff blunder, I would 💯 fire Heath if I were mcdermott.  I wouldn’t be able to trust him again.  

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

That question was asked of Andy Reid for about 19 seasons...

But how many monumental gaffes in the playoffs did he have?  I know he blew a huge lead in the playoffs with Alex Smith (much like McD vs. Houston).  I know there were others, and many were probably similar to one's McD makes.   The next year came the the NE game.....  Looks like the same trajectory for the two of them and fingers crossed.😜

• Like (+1) 1

I'll try to avoid some game specific complaints for you NewEra. 

The bills have a great team in a league of some of the best athletes in the world.  They are not lucking into wins and they will be favored in most games for up foreseeable future.  The old adage "it's hard to win in the NFL" is entirely true.  To win it all in a single elimination format you need great players, a great team, good coaching, and a bit of luck.  Some of the best teams the NFL has had never won a Superbowl.  A reasonable expectation as a fan is to have a shot every year.  For most teams this means making it to the championship game and seeing what happens.  We had the misfortune of the AFC championship happening in week 2 of the playoffs this year.  I enjoyed watching and following the Bills more this season than at any point in my life.  The early 90's we're fun, but as a kid you didn't appreciate the game in the same way.

I'm with the players.  Disappointed because they had a great team this year and had a good shot.  I'd take all the same players and coaches next year with no changes if it were possible to ignore aging and contract situations.  No team has 53 players that are All-stars at their position.  If you look at the team as a whole you try to get to a "net sum" that's greater than the competition.  We're there.

The specifics of this season or game have several areas where we could have been better.  We'll pick up some there and get new weaknesses somewhere else.  Prepare yourself for it so it's not so traumatic for you.  Prepare yourself for some roster and coaching turnover.  And last, prepare yourself for several years of awesome football with us in the top tier of teams.

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

I come here for many reasons.  I enjoy discussing our favorite team and the league that it plays in.  I enjoy reading different perspectives than my own (even though they’re all wrong if not aligned with mine, obv). I enjoy learning about prospects, schemes and football 101.  I enjoy discussing the draft.  I enjoy reading the same nonsense from the same idiots on a daily basis.   It makes me feel better about myself knowing that I’m not that stupid (regardless of what you might think 🤔).

This loss to the chiefs was unusually painful.  Worse than any loss I can remember, as a fan or as a participant. Pain.   I haven’t watched or listened to one second of sports talk/social media since.  Every time a buddy texts me about something sports related, my reply is the same: too soon.  

That said, I can’t seem to stay away from tbd.  I’ve been coming here for just short of 20 years now and I enjoy it more often ever (thanks to 17, most of you guys pretty much suck).  Until this week.  This week has been pathetic.  Maybe I’ve been pathetic too, being unable to swallow anything sports related, but some of the takes this week….. good ****ing lord.  We have a great team that should have won the SB of not for 

a bad coaching decision/s. Yet all I see is doom and gloom/nonsense spewing 🤮.  Yes it sucks that we lost, but don’t over think it. We’re a championship caliber team. We didn’t lose because Motor isn’t good enough.  We didn’t lose because Beane didn’t draft Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith (like I wanted them to).  We didn’t lose because our players aren’t fast enough. We didn’t lose because Tremaine edmunds sucks.  We didn’t lose because we don’t have a premier pass rusher. We didn’t lose because Cole Beasley didn’t get vaccinated.  Stop.  We lost because of a bad coaching decision/failed communications within our STs.  Not sure which, but that’s why we lost.  We had the game 95% won and then 13 seconds happened.  We’ll never know why we lost or what we could’ve done to ensure a win.  I know it’s a message board and this is what we do…..but it’s not enjoyable right now, for me anyways.  Act like you’ve been there before…..because most of you have.  I know it was a tough loss, but get it together tbd.

TBD has always been a hot-take, knee-jerk factory. We have lost two HUGE games two years in a row, the biggest games since the Super Bowl era 30 years ago. What did you honestly expect?

Look inward my friend. You’re probably not over it yet.

Edited by FireChans

1 hour ago, Buffalo ill said:

Basically the forum is full of people who the Bills have way too much control over their happiness in life.

Basically the forum has some people for whom the forum has way too much control over their happiness in life.

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Drama much with the assassinate part?   Never said anything like that.  It means I would fire him if it happens again.  If his decisions are preventing us from getting where we should be.   

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

TBD has always been a hot-take, knee-jerk factory. We have lost two HUGE games two years in a row, the biggest games since the Super Bowl era 30 years ago. What did you honestly expect?

Look inward my friend. You’re probably not over it yet.

I’ve said countless times…… I’m definitely NOT over it.  I don’t expect to be over it for several months/years.  I feel worse about this loss than any in my life.  As 13 year old kid I cried over wide right, but I wasn’t as invested in the team as I am now.  I had a lifetime to still “win a super bowl before I die”.  Time is running out.  

i just don’t feel the need to make this place even more miserable than it is right now by wallpapering hot takes throughout every thread. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Drama much with the assassinate part?   Never said anything like that.  It means I would fire him if it happens again.  If his decisions are preventing us from getting where we should be.   

Ok, so if we don’t win the SB next year, you’d fire McDermott.  Now we know.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Youre  still upset.  Ok.  Maybe it’s too soon for you to see what a great team McBeane has assembled, and yes, you can make the comment how short the SB is, but if you believe in the team, you’d see they’ve done nothing but add to this team every year.

yeah, we blew it in 13 seconds.  I also saw a HC who coached a team for 59 minutes and 47 seconds.  BTW- I know we win that game and we’re in the SB.  We would beat Cincy.

I don’t know what to make of these “we would beat … “ posts. Especially after the Jax debacle. Be better. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.