I love some of you… but I hate this site right now

NewEra

12 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

“The more the Internet exposes people to new points of view, the angrier people get that different views exist.”  - Benedict Evans

Pro Tip: The scroll-wheel on your mouse is your friend!  👍 

It's not my friend it's a ***** wheel.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Super Bowl windows are a lot more complicated than simply having Josh Allen on the team.

And the window stays open for a lot shorter time than Josh's playing career.

Marino went to the SB in his second season and figured he'd be there frequently!  Never got there again in a 16 season career.

You just can't piss away solid gold opportunities the way we did in KC!

Youre  still upset.  Ok.  Maybe it’s too soon for you to see what a great team McBeane has assembled, and yes, you can make the comment how short the SB is, but if you believe in the team, you’d see they’ve done nothing but add to this team every year.

yeah, we blew it in 13 seconds.  I also saw a HC who coached a team for 59 minutes and 47 seconds.  BTW- I know we win that game and we’re in the SB.  We would beat Cincy.

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

I come here for many reasons.  I enjoy discussing our favorite team and the league that it plays in.  I enjoy reading different perspectives than my own (even though they’re all wrong if not aligned with mine, obv). I enjoy learning about prospects, schemes and football 101.  I enjoy discussing the draft.  I enjoy reading the same nonsense from the same idiots on a daily basis.   It makes me feel better about myself knowing that I’m not that stupid (regardless of what you might think 🤔).

This loss to the chiefs was unusually painful.  Worse than any loss I can remember, as a fan or as a participant. Pain.   I haven’t watched or listened to one second of sports talk/social media since.  Every time a buddy texts me about something sports related, my reply is the same: too soon.  

That said, I can’t seem to stay away from tbd.  I’ve been coming here for just short of 20 years now and I enjoy it more often ever (thanks to 17, most of you guys pretty much suck).  Until this week.  This week has been pathetic.  Maybe I’ve been pathetic too, being unable to swallow anything sports related, but some of the takes this week….. good ****ing lord.  We have a great team that should have won the SB of not for 

a bad coaching decision/s. Yet all I see is doom and gloom/nonsense spewing 🤮.  Yes it sucks that we lost, but don’t over think it. We’re a championship caliber team. We didn’t lose because Motor isn’t good enough.  We didn’t lose because Beane didn’t draft Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith (like I wanted them to).  We didn’t lose because our players aren’t fast enough. We didn’t lose because Tremaine edmunds sucks.  We didn’t lose because we don’t have a premier pass rusher. We didn’t lose because Cole Beasley didn’t get vaccinated.  Stop.  We lost because of a bad coaching decision/failed communications within our STs.  Not sure which, but that’s why we lost.  We had the game 95% won and then 13 seconds happened.  We’ll never know why we lost or what we could’ve done to ensure a win.  I know it’s a message board and this is what we do…..but it’s not enjoyable right now, for me anyways.  Act like you’ve been there before…..because most of you have.  I know it was a tough loss, but get it together tbd.

Creating a thread to complain that posters on a message board are making your experience less enjoyable than you want is some narcissistic BS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

21 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Bills couldn’t hold TWO leads inside the final 1:50 of the game,  and they allowed an easy walkoff TD drive in OT to cap it off.

Lets face it, KC was a little better in the end.  It wasn’t all that fluky…. like the stupid Music City play all those years ago. 

It doesn’t make it easier to accept the loss, but we didn’t implode,  the Chiefs just took it.  And their coaches/players in crunch time were smarter than our D side.

How is this not imploding? What other word would you use to describe pissing away a lead with 13 seconds left?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

I agree with you on Daboll and wasting opportunities trying to run,  I also question if he was was influenced by Sean on choosing to run in this game? We have seen Daboll call games where they doin't run at all and pass close to 50 times. Once the Chiefs lost their starting safety and best DB the game plan needed to flip and you attack the middle of the field like we saw after they fell behind by 9 points.

The ending was terrible but even Tony Romo and Jim Nance mentioned that they thought the Bills were playing too conservative. Again how much does the conservative play calling by both coordinators connect basal to the HC because I have heard people own this site say Frazier is conservative only because Sean wants its that way.  

McD has often said he wants to see a balance and always is praising the run game.  Can see it with Allen's stats this year.  As good as they were Allen was only 10th in the league in passing yards/gm.  

I'd love it if McD wanted the #1 Offense in Football, not the #1 Defense.  The Bills were #3 in Offense, but only 9th in passing.  Funny they were 6th in rushing (thanks Josh Allen again).  

If anything they should strive to be better on Offense, but won't hear that from McD.

What they need too is a better DL and more sacks.   Again the Bills feasted on bad QB's.  The only good QBs all year were Mahomes & Brady.  Then Tannehill & Ryan & that was it.  Then you had Newton, Roethlisberger, Wentz, back-ups & rookies.  Everything aligned for the Bills.  There was no Rodgers, Burrow, Herbert, Prescott,  Stafford, Jackson, Cousins.....  

As soon as the Chiefs scored the TD in Overtime to win the game, my wife and I turned to each other, commented how great of a game it was, said the Bills are better this year than last year, and looked forward to the future. She then went to bed and I stayed up for a bit for post game coverage. 

I get wrapped up in Bills games, but not to the point where "It's 5 days later and the pain is still so deep". I guess once your wife has 3 cancer diagnosis in one year, a Bills playoff loss is no big deal. (She had the same type of cancer Jim Kelly had. She, like Jim, is cancer free for a couple of years). 

Some here need perspective. A Bills playoff loss sucks, but it doesn't end your life. 

Edited by Draconator
My fingers type faster than my brain can process.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Bills couldn’t hold TWO leads inside the final 1:50 of the game,  and they allowed an easy walkoff TD drive in OT to cap it off.

Lets face it, KC was a little better in the end.  It wasn’t all that fluky…. like the stupid Music City play all those years ago. 

It doesn’t make it easier to accept the loss, but we didn’t implode,  the Chiefs just took it.  And their coaches/players in crunch time were smarter than our D side.

I was right with you until you brought up the music city miracle into This discussion u kind of lost me,  I dont see that as relevant to our game in KC at all beyond they both are top controversial/memorable in Bills lore. No Trick play beat the Bills in KC imo at all it was straight up converting and executing plays they most certainly did.... what can u say *shrugs*  a game for the ages fcol

m

edit: walkoff TD was a perfect description of what occurred in KC.......I'd only heard it referenced in baseball previously I like that.

Edited by muppy

I won’t blame coaching for this loss since many decisions made got us to 13 seconds. After several days of sadness for the missed opportunity I think we should look at the fact we had the opportunity. With a QB like Josh and the management team continuing to find opportunities we will be in the mix every year for the foreseeable future. Andy Reid was seen as a loser in Philly after having sucess for more than 10 years. Manning and Colts finally won, Roethlesberger got his, so did Brees and Rodgers. I’ve been following Bills since the 60’s when we won our last championship. I think we are in position to be a great team for a long time.  The SB will come and it will feel great!

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

The fact that we lost due to multiple choices by someone who is going to remain in charge makes it much harder to stomach. We could draft a speed WR or replace Edmunds or draft another pass rusher to give us hope if it were one of those issues. But Josh played a nearly perfect game and the leader going forward erased it with his incompetence. 

There’s no guarantee we will ever get back to the AFCCG. Ask a fan of a team that has won a Super Bowl(s) if a loss like this hurts any less. Ask a saints fan if the no PI call still bothers them.  We have even more right to be upset considering this would’ve been the first.

So lose me with the lecture less than a week since, in my opinion, the worst loss in Buffalo sports history(due to the fact it was multiple choices instead of a missed kick or “execution”) and get used to it because this isn’t going anyway anytime soon. That’s what happens when a coach screws up this bad on such a big stage. 

I'd love to get used to being one of the favourites to win the Superbowl season after season because of being a well run organisation from owners to GM to coaches. I think most of us do and that's why we're tired of all the doom and gloom topics and posts.

19 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

I would say our coaches imploded.     If Andy Reed could of requested a defense in the final 13 seconds he couldnt of gotten a better one than the one we ran.

Your first sentence is what’s pissing me off about the entire incident. Don’t tell me it was “execution” that caused the loss. We are smarter than that!! I, personally, won’t have someone piss on me and tell me it’s raining. Tell us you were outsmarted and that you’ll do better next time. Owning your mistake goes a long way around here

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

NewEra, c'mon.  I get what you're saying but even in a gut-wrenching loss (and this was the gut-wrenchingnest), I enjoy coming to Two Bills Drive.  99% of the time you can tell by the title of the topic if you want to read it.  Read what interests you and ignore the rest.

Therein lies the problem.

Even avoiding threads that are (by title) not something of interest you will have to scroll through 4 or 5 pages to find something of interest. 

Not only do we have about 200 threads of the same 3 topics that all say the exact same thing, any topic that isn't about those 3 or 4 topics still gets overwhelmed by negativity and decomposes into being about the same topics as all the other posts.

Look, I get the need to vent. I get the idea that people have different thoughts and opinions. I absolutely get being upset after that loss. 

The trouble comes IMO, when you have a seemingly high number of people posting that have very little knowledge or understanding of what they are seeing or why (especially when it comes to penalties) that post with conviction of what they say is the only plausable correct line of thinking. 

40 minutes ago, zow2 said:

That's the point.  You can point to fluky with a hail mary or tipped pass (remember Diggs vs. NO?).  

Look at poor NO (at least they have their SB).  One year Diggs & the next the most blatant non-call PI followed by Brees showing his age & TB beating them and in a blink of an eye it's all over.

Fortunately Josh is much younger.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.