What would you like to see from next years offense/ new OC?

warrior9

15 hours ago, HappyDays said:

All I want is for the next OC to find a consistent identity and stick with what works on a game to game basis. Don't change things up just for the sake of changing things up. My biggest problem with Daboll last year is that he found the offense's identity at least three separate times, and inexplicably lost it again the following week. Then there was the Chiefs game where everyone watching knew that Allen was in the zone and Daboll still took it out of his hands on two critical 3rd downs in a game where we had no room for error on offense. Everyone talks about the last 13 seconds but those two wasted drives were just as responsible for the loss. When the next OC calls plays on critical drives in critical games I want to feel like there's a good reason behind it, instead of feeling like the play call was pulled out of a hat.

are you sure about that? it seemed to me most run plays we run are RPOs out of shotgun. if motor got the ball then it was josh making that option alot of the time but im not sure if the specific plays were

im really shocked by the amount of people downvoting balance/running. huh? when is having a good rush attack scheme that is more dependable a bad thing? i understand josh is great but the offense is ALWAYS square on his shoulders. 

giving the guy a break. opening up routes because they have to load the box. less wear and tear/ injury prevention and play action the D have to respect. keep opposition on the bench/end games...all make josh and every other qb in the league better.

a improved effective rushing scheme is my answer all day long.

Edited by Buffarukus

1. Keep pushing the ball downfield.  Our last game showed that we can successfully execute the long ball.
  2. Keep the run-game, but certainly have the passing game be the focus of the offense.  We need a run game to keep defenses honest.
    • Don't run Josh as much during the regular season.  (Unless necessary.)
  3. I'd like to see a more physical presence and attitude coming from our Offensive Line.  Although they improved later in the season, there were games when they were getting pushed around physically and mentally.  We need a more nasty attitude from the entire unit.
  4. Let Josh shine.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/28/2022 at 6:42 PM, warrior9 said:

With word Daboll is gone, I want to reflect on what I think we can improve on schematically in our next offense. 

For me:

1) Utilization of Diggs: We rarely saw Diggs motion in to the slot, we RARELY saw crossing routes(which blows my mind), and most of his routes seemed to be outs and hitches. 

2) Less predictability in the run game: it seemed at though every time we were under center, it was a dive or we knew it was a run. I’d like to see more zones, motions(from FB/ TE), and plays that confuse using WR motions, misdirection. Etc

3) Pushing the ball downfield, attack the 10-15 yard area: With the emergence of Knox, I’d like to see us use him more and him get more targets in the middle of the field. It also seemed as though that we didn’t throw the ball down field as much this year, in my opinion. 

4) Gabe Davis.

Regarding #2,  watch the Niners closely on Sunday.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.