If Dorsey leaves then what?

Niagara Dude

10 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

If Dorsey leaves to be OC for Daniel Jones instead of Josh Allen, then I am glad he didn't get the OC job here because I would question his sanity, let alone his football wisdom.

If he leaves its an indictment on McD

Edited by tenderland
  • Like (+1) 3

If he leaves it will be interesting. Josh obviously wants him as OC, but if leaves simply for more money then it may be for the best. There certainly is a concern for continuity.  On the other hand we all have been frustrated with Daboll at times. And Dorsey has never called plays, a complete unknown. A brand new OC may be a good thing. My only concern is if they insist on a whole new system. It may take Josh and our O to a whole new level but it may mean a learning curve and that may mean some difficulties next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I like Pederson a lot,  

I agree. We are basically looking for a new head coach of the offense. He’s good and creative in the pass game. Former HC. Experienced play caller. I honestly don’t think McD is too torn up if Dorsey leaves. Not because he doesn’t appreciate him, but more because he’s never done it before. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, TheProcess said:

I agree. We are basically looking for a new offensive head coach. He’s good and creative in the pass game. Former HC. Experienced play caller. I honestly don’t think McD is too torn up if Dorsey leaves. Not because he doesn’t appreciate him, but more because he’s never done it before. 

I think he checks off everything including knowing how to win a Super Bowl

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Dorsey would really have to hate his career arc to leave Allen to go to Jones and that trash roster that's in salary cap hell on top of it. Might as well commit career suicide.

Maybe he could be using it as leverage to get the type of money the Bills paid Daboll as cordinator

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

The only way Dorsey leaving makes any sense is if he's not offered the OC role.  Otherwise he'd be leaving to take a lateral position with a lesser QB and weaker all around team.

You nailed it. He’d be stupid to leave, unless not offered the job of course. 

Edited by Maynard
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Honestly I have no idea right now because I've given it zero thought. I figured there was 0.0 chance Dorsey would not stay here...Unless it was pretty clear from McD himself he would not get the promo...I just think it would be insane for Dorsey to leave. It's literally a crazy career gamble...

Anyway...McD's phone is about to go nuclear...Who wants to run a Josh Allen led Offense? Anyone?...B-)

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

Honestly I have no idea right now because I've given it zero thought. I figured there was 0.0 chance Dorsey would not stay here...Unless it was pretty clear from McD himself he would not get the promo...I just think it would be insane for Dorsey to leave. It's literally a crazy career gamble...

Anyway...McD's phone is about to go nuclear...Who wants to run a Josh Allen led Offense? Anyone?...B-)

That is for sure,  anyone looking to be a HC in two years can use Allen and his arm as launch pad

• Like (+1) 1

If Dorsey's offered the Bills OC job and takes it, it will be his for as long as he wants it unless it turns out he's a bad play caller.  The Bills are built to keep winning, by avoiding salary cap binds and keeping good players on board.

Taking a job on the Giants staff would be like Zsa Zsa Gabor having a wash and wear wedding dress.  (OK, I'm dating myself.)  If the Giants continue to struggle, and there's no reason to think they won't, the OC will be the fall guy, and Dorsey's buddy Daboll and HIS buddy Schoen won't be willing to lose their own jobs to save him.  Or Daboll could get canned and Dorsey would lose his job then too.

Dorsey might want to leave to avoid the chatter that any success he has will be because of the offense he inherited from Daboll.  That's a real possibility.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.