If Dorsey leaves then what?

Niagara Dude

27 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like this idea a lot actually. Brady didn’t quite get a fair shake going to work for Matt Rhule who seems like he is all over the place. 

I think I like Doug Pederson as my first choice based on his body of work but I'm warning up to the Joe Brady idea despite how inexperienced he is.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Shea Tierney has been someone I've heard a ton about.  I literally cant believe Dorsey isnt staying.

Otherwise McDermott has coached with both Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy,

Nagy would sucked…he destroyed Trubisky. I just hope Ken Dorsey Stays & the pegula’s make it worth his wild to stay 

Anyone who doesn't have orthodox or "old school" view on offensive play calling. I don't want to see runs on 1st and 2nd down in all situations or any of that run to open up the pass garbage. We need innovative. So Daboll but without the weird random onset run obsessions or strange need to get cute at times.

2 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Only one I’ve seen.  He also now states the Bills are making a concerted effort to keep him.

Yeah I wouldn't put much stock into this just yet with him being the lone wolf saying that lol. It's clearly possible, but will wait to see if anyone else reports it

As i said earlier in the thread,  we don’t really know that Dorsey will be a great OC.  We know he and Josh get along, ok that’s great.  I’m ok getting a respected OC in here from outside the organization.  I realize for Dorsey it would tough to step in to Daboll’s shoes in Buffalo.  He may have a tough time living up to the recent success here.  In NY he will have a couple years grace period to get the hang of being the guy. 

5 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

5B53356E-36E3-4D3E-8F0E-D70FE7DD4FC0.jpeg

Thanks, I posted below in regards to him being only one spoke about contract negotiations currently

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I wouldn't put much stock into this just yet with him being the lone wolf saying that lol. It's clearly possible, but will wait to see if anyone else reports it

Chad Hall would be interesting and I’d bet he gets a look. This is basically McDermott and Beans first chance at showing how they hire/ fire coordinators. Will they promote from within? Or do they go get talent. 

Edited by warrior9

People saying they aren't worried because who wouldn't want to work with Allen...yea but does Allen want to work with them? Learn an entire new offense, new verbage, new schemes? He was able to get better every year because they had continuity. In New England they don't change the scheme when someone leaves they just plug and play. Coaches and players, all replaceable for them. All of these other teams in turmoil replace coaches every couple of years and they start back at square one. Losing all of our offensive coaching staff is going to be an issue and I'm surprised they didn't already have a plan in place to promote within. As soon as Daboll was hired the Bills should have announced the promotion of everyone on the offensive side of the ball with Dorsey as OC

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

People saying they aren't worried because who wouldn't want to work with Allen...yea but does Allen want to work with them? Learn an entire new offense, new verbage, new schemes? He was able to get better every year because they had continuity. In New England they don't change the scheme when someone leaves they just plug and play. Coaches and players, all replaceable for them. All of these other teams in turmoil replace coaches every couple of years and they start back at square one. Losing all of our offensive coaching staff is going to be an issue and I'm surprised they didn't already have a plan in place to promote within. As soon as Daboll was hired the Bills should have announced the promotion of everyone on the offensive side of the ball with Dorsey as OC

For all we know maybe Dorsey told them he wanted to move on and wasn’t interested in the job remember Ken Dorsey has never called a single play at any level of football that is awfully risky for a team in a Super Bowl window  

10 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Chad Hall would be interesting and I’d bet he gets a look. This is basically McDermott and Beans first chance at showing how they hire/ fire coordinators. Will they promote from within? Or do they go get talent. 

McDermott said something about "Chad Hall being a young coach who is off to a great start to his career".  That didn't sound like "guy who I'm eyeballing as the next OC"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.