Is Singletary good enough?

Ethan in Cleveland

Singletary is good enough as the starting RB. He proved that in the last few games and the playoffs. In fact he looked an awful like Thurman the way they were using him in the short passing game!  That dump off (check down) over the middle of the defense worked EVERY time they called it. The problem was the O Line and Daboll. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3

44 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I  agree about LB need but also think RB is also a need,  I need to see less of Allen as our top rusher

Unfortunately, it would be exceedingly difficult to replace Edmunds or Milano, imho.... We can't even find a suitable backup.

I agree that both LBs are far from perfect but both are also very good at certain things.

The improvements must be made elsewhere. If you Billieve Bean, the improvements are going to have to come from in house.

Its entirely possible, the Bills draft a DE in the first round once again....

I think we're OK at tackle with Star backing up Harry and Boogie relieving Ed from time to to time. We'll probably bring Zimmer back as well as a some time backup to Ed.

We have three DEs for next season, Epenesa, Groot and Basham. We have to have all three of those players take a big step in development this offseason. 

He is fine when the OL blocks decent and he gets more than 5 or so touches a game. I mean we saw the difference last 5 or 6 weeks of the season. Once they got the OL right he started getting chunks at times. From then on Daboll finally gave him a few more opportunities. His attempts didn't go up a whole lot, but definitely got more than usual. 

With all that said.....I do think they still need another RB that's a little speedy and reliable hands because I'm not sure about Moss and Breida obviously isn't it. 

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Not the worlds biggest singletary fan.  Would rather priortize a better oline though than a better running back. 

The OLine makes everyone better. 

I’d like more speed on both sides of the ball, but you win the game in the trenches. Both sides of the ball. I’m fine with Motor, and if we can add speed that is all the better. 

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I disagree,  it showed on that second down run

I looked at the entire season.  Not just one play.  Problem is. He’s only good as his run blocking, pass blocking and play calling.  All of which were suspect through the season at times. Otherwise, I’d say he’s a good back.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Oh you'll never find me arguing we need to find 49's replacement but 4.66 is hardly speed from your best RB.  We need Moss's replacement to be under 4.5

Speed is relevant.  I’d his 40 great?  Maybe not.  But is his game speed?  Actual speed he produces witching the confines of the game?  I’d say he’s good enough.  

40 speed is important once you break past the LOS.  Behind the LOS he needs to pick his holes and keep his speed at how fast the oline blocks for him.  He can’t hit dull speed and pass his blocks.

Edited by davefan66

I thought he did a great job when they actually utilized him. If we used him earlier I think some of those fluke losses wouldn't have happened. We have a nice balance with him and Moss, I think he's underrated to be honest which is a huge asset for us. I do think we should have a 1-2 punch between him and another bruiser so maybe some competition for Moss as the change of pace type.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.