Tom Brady retiring

Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Time to raid the Bucs.  Gronk and Fournette at a minimum. If Morse retires, go after Jensen.  Suh would look mighty nice next to Oliver.  He could provide the edge this defense needs.  

Bucs are solid right now, who's to say they don't make a push for Rodgers, Wilson or Watson? They are not over the cap. They'll be in great shape if they land a Qb to keep moving forward. No fire sales yet in TB

2 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Bucs are solid right now, who's to say they don't make a push for Rodgers, Wilson or Watson? They are not over the cap. They'll be in great shape if they land a Qb to keep moving forward. No fire sales yet in TB

Those guys are all free agents among many others.  And Brady retirement triggers a dead cap charge. They went all in to run it back.  It was worth it, but unless Green Bay let’s Rodgers walk and he plays for free, Bucs are in rebuild mode.  

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What an announcement.  All about the companies he's founded and his brand.  I admit, I wasn't thinking this would be the way it would happen.

Isn't this where most people would put in a word of thanks or appreciation to teammates and coaches for their help in his fantastic and prolonged career? 

He did do this before the weird company stuff

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What an announcement.  All about the companies he's founded and his brand.  I admit, I wasn't thinking this would be the way it would happen.

Isn't this where most people would put in a word of thanks or appreciation to teammates and coaches for their help in his fantastic and prolonged career? 

save it for the HOF Speech in 5 years and then when the Patriots have ‘Brady Night’ to retire his jersey #12.

There will be plenty of time to give those speeches and thanks both privately and publicly.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He did.  He thanks all of the Bucs and not a peep about the Pats

What a weird way to go out. Feels so anticlimactic with him in TB, and knowing we have arguably the best qb in the league.

Who would've imagined it'd be only 13 pages on this thread. How many times have we had 60page threads over some fringe pre season hero WR?! LOL. JUST. WEIRD.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Those guys are all free agents among many others.  And Brady retirement triggers a dead cap charge. They went all in to run it back.  It was worth it, but unless Green Bay let’s Rodgers walk and he plays for free, Bucs are in rebuild mode.  

Usually, when a player retires, his amortized signing bonus and his guaranteed salary are no longer due.  The team can request repayment (or, in Brady's case, since it's reported most of it was still due, stop payment).

This is the reason that Woods, at his retirement presser, carefully didn't use the word "retirement" but focused on how he could no longer be medically cleared to play football and how this was discovered at his exit medical - 'cuz he didn't want to return part of his last payday

It remains to be seen how Brady is going to handle this, but potentially, the Bucs could get a break.

5 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

save it for the HOF Speech in 5 years and then when the Patriots have ‘Brady Night’ to retire his jersey #12.

There will be plenty of time to give those speeches and thanks both privately and publicly.

I deleted that post because I found the link to where he actually did express thanks gratitude, so my post was incorrect.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Process said:

It's pretty hilarious that he has 3 pages thanking the Bucs but 0 mention of anything related to New England

I noticed that.  Might speak a ton... or maybe he does a PC from New England or something and does his whole pomp and circumstance there.  

Anyways... good on Brady for not doing a dragged out thing.  You have to respect the guy, as much as we hate him.  We see now first hand how good AND lucky you need to be to make a Superbowl, and even more to win it.  Its crazy he was able to maintain that level of consistency.  Asterisks aside.

17 minutes ago, Process said:

It's pretty hilarious that he has 3 pages thanking the Bucs but 0 mention of anything related to New England

I was just going to post the same thing.

He took like 12 paragraphs to thank everyone under the sun but not a single mention of anything Patriots - belichick, Kraft, Patriots teammates or fans.