Brian Daboll hired to be Head Coach of NY Giants

Draconator

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Something you say when you want the HC job. Not saying he doesn’t, but I’ll take that with a grain of salt. 

Of course he's going to say that he loves Daniel Jones.

In reality, he might be thinking "need to move on from him quickly."

Sports fans love to take what sports personalities say publicly as the truth for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Of course he's going to say that he loves Daniel Jones.

In reality, he might be thinking "need to move on from him quickly."

Sports fans love to take what sports personalities say publicly as the truth for some reason.

The interesting question will be if the Giants bring in Trubisky or not. The Giants OL is a bit of a hot mess. Not sure that is Dabs strength. I see the G-Men drafting/ acquiring OL to try to get the most out of Jones and Barkley. Not certain Trubisky would do well with a poor OL.

1 hour ago, FFadpecr said:

Or, in reality, he really does love Daniel Jones. Not hard to believe at all; Daniel Jones skill-set matches perfectly with Erhardt-Perkins.

Stop treating your own personal opinion as fact.

It's already known that Belichick, who also runs the Erhardt-Perkins Offense, loved Daniel Jones in the 2019 Draft.

Why is this so hard for people to believe?

Daboll loves Daniel Jones. 

We will treat that as fact until proven otherwise (Giants invest high draft pick on a QB, which is unlikely)

I am going to assume that he went to the Giants because he loves Jake Fromm.  No one has produced a shred of evidence that he dislikes Fromm except him not making the Bills' active roster, but that's something controlled by Sean McDermott.  

• Like (+1) 1

Highly doubt he loves Dan Jones. I don’t think he hates him either. The truth is the middle ground. He wanted a HC job, so said what the owner wanted to hear. If he said Dan Jones has to go, he would still be a Bill. I’m sure he’s going to take the cautious approach and try to salvage the situation. It’s in his best interest to make Dan Jones a gamer, not some other QB. 

2 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

No. False. He is being genuine. Daniel Jones skill set is perfect fit for his Edhardt-Perkins system. I understand his system and I understand Daniel Jones' skill-set. It's a perfect fit on a football level.

They’ll be drafting a QB in the top 10 in 2023

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

No. False. He is being genuine. Daniel Jones skill set is perfect fit for his Edhardt-Perkins system. I understand his system and I understand Daniel Jones' skill-set. It's a perfect fit on a football level.

Love when people try to make bad QB look good by picking the most random stat b.c it happens to be the only one that makes him not look bad. 

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They’ll be drafting a QB in the top 10 in 2023

Possibly. Depending on how teams around the NFL improve, of course...looking at their schedule for next year I can see 7 or 8 wins. If the Giants can improve their OLine they can improve even with (or in spite of) DJ as the QB.

30 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Daniel jones is the perfect QB for a new head coach

He somehow develops youre a genius

He remains what he has been you get to draft a top 10 QB the next year

On the other hand, what if you coach him to continuous mediocrity? He certainly doesn’t have the talent of Josh, but I could see him coached up to the level of another Jones we all know. But Daboll is no Hoodie either. He could end up with perpetual 8-9 seasons (the new 8-8). 

2 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

On the other hand, what if you coach him to continuous mediocrity? He certainly doesn’t have the talent of Josh, but I could see him coached up to the level of another Jones we all know. But Daboll is no Hoodie either. He could end up with perpetual 8-9 seasons (the new 8-8). 

I think you have to take a hard line with jones. Either he progresses a lot or you move on or at least can't let it stop you from drafting a guy 

Because you can't get stuck in mediocrity 

I could see jones developing into exactly what you described 

On 1/28/2022 at 6:45 PM, K-9 said:

McD’s decisions to go for it on 4h down and convert, did that help the offense “at all?”

Good point.

I'd like to know if McD had final say on the kickoff with 13 seconds left. Because he should've. That's where a coach should dictate the rest of the game. Kickoff. Defense etc.

Not suggesting McD didn't have say.

Just curious.

4 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Good point.

I'd like to know if McD had final say on the kickoff with 13 seconds left. Because he should've. That's where a coach should dictate the rest of the game. Kickoff. Defense etc.

Not suggesting McD didn't have say.

Just curious.

All indications are that he called a squib, but that he lost control of the team in the chaos of the celebration after Josh threw that TD with 13 seconds left. It seems that he never got complete control of the team after that. 

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

All indications are that he called a squib, but that he lost control of the team in the chaos of the celebration after Josh threw that TD with 13 seconds left. It seems that he never got complete control of the team after that. 

Says a lot about McD...and not in a good way...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Squib or no squib... after that kickoff the Bills defense didn't cover the Chiefs receivers and instead covered the sidelines...KO, touchback to the 25, 2 pass plays Tyreek Hill 19 yards, Travis Kelce 25 yards, 49 yard FG. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.