Brian Daboll hired to be Head Coach of NY Giants

Draconator

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

No. I just like throwing out names. But, he does have experience with the offense  and, as stated, the team really likes him. Besides, we need to make sure there’s at least one guy on the sidelines with long flowing locks.

With the Bills having a defensive minded HC, it’s hard to give the keys to the car our strength of the team to a QB coach (Dorsey or WR coach in Hall) who have no experience. If McD was an offensive guy I’d wouldn’t mind much.

Dorsey going with Daboll actually might be a blessing in disguise. 

Now we go hire an experienced OC who understands Dabolls offense and system is somewhat similar or can flex for similarities. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thunderingsquid said:

Because Dorsey is as good as gone per the reports and having the KC passing coordinator would be like pouring gasoline on an offensive fire.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in Kafka as though he’s the one behind their passing attack. 

19 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Other than JA ….what was so great about our offense? Look at the short yardage plays we had last week compared to Chiefs….we were cavemen compared to chiefs….took Bills 3 quarters to go vertical…spent 1/3 of the game pushing a running game that was not fully baked…..JA made him look good

Let's make Kafka an offer then!

Just now, Bangarang said:

I wouldn’t put too much stock in Kafka as though he’s the one behind their passing attack. 

It’s tough to know who is really behind that offense in Kansas City. There has to be a reason that Eric Bieniemy hasn’t got a head coaching position at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This could be true but I have not heard that about Pederson.

His rep on Philly was that he was a complete pushover for Roseman and Lurie and did whatever they told him to do for years.

Then he wanted to hire Zac Taylor's little bro to be his OC so he had someone he trusted.........and they said no.......so he finally told them to stick it.

I have heard horror stories. Wentz hated him. They didn't speak to each other. Players in open revolt. Him sulking and walking out of team meetings. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

It’s tough to know who is really behind that offense in Kansas City. There has to be a reason that Eric Bieniemy hasn’t got a head coaching position at this point.

I think it’s pretty clear it’s Reid. Bieniemy has some personal baggage plus he’s usually coaching into February so that might deter teams from waiting for him. 

Edited by Bangarang

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Andy Reid is the genius behind that offense and Mahomes is the freak who executes it. You can probably substitute Kafka for a hobo off the streets and you wouldn’t see a difference in how they operate.

I had to laugh. I pictured a hobo getting the play calls in from the sidelines and Jackson Mahomes behind him doing TikTok dances

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.