Brian Daboll hired to be Head Coach of NY Giants

Draconator

2 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Wasn't Frank Reich the OC when the Eagles won the Superbowl?      Doug Pederson didn't do so hot after Frank left and got canned pretty quickly

Based on what I've seen from Hard Knocks, Frank Reich is 10x the coach that Doug Peterson is (in my opinion).  Great leader of men.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Funny that people are glad to see Daboll go. I have got to think behind Marchibroda, he was the best OC in the history of the franchise. 

Other than JA ….what was so great about our offense? Look at the short yardage plays we had last week compared to Chiefs….we were cavemen compared to chiefs….took Bills 3 quarters to go vertical…spent 1/3 of the game pushing a running game that was not fully baked…..JA made him look good

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My fantasy hire is Doug Pederson. He coached a Super Bowl offense led by Wentz and Foles. He would be a perfect fit to take a Josh Allen led offense to the next level. It makes sense for him too because this OC job is a stepping stone to a head coaching position.

My fantasy hire is Josh McDaniels.  He runs the same base offense as Daboll (Earhardt-Perkins).  He knows how to generate YAC.  He knows how to generate a screen game.  He gets superstar weapons and a chance to stick it to BB.  He gets a Superstar QB again.

And it makes NE hire a new OC to ride heard on McCorkle and his overpaid island of misfit toys.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

If you need to make every time McD did something that didn’t work an indictment against him, feel free. I’m simply pointing out that, contrary to your claim, there were times he did help the offense by successfully going for it on and converting 4th downs. 

He has certainly improved & I have said so many times. However I also will point out when he has not done a good job. Someone started it I just made the comment about the missed opportunities.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

• Draconator changed the title to "Source" - Daboll to be offered Giants HC job tomorrow, and will accept the job. EDIT: Official
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.