Brian Daboll hired to be Head Coach of NY Giants

Draconator

1 minute ago, Demongyz said:

Better than going to Miami.  Good luck Daboll, hope to beat you in a Super Bowl.

Why would anyone want the Miami job? Stuck with Tua, stuck with bad ownership that just surprise fired the last coach, stuck with a GM that might not be around much longer, stuck in a division with Josh Allen and Bill Belichick. Even David Culley might turn that one down.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How about 4th Down at 7-7 at Midfield? Or 4th and 1 first possession of the second half?  

Or should I go back to the Houston playoff game in 2019 and all the mistakes McD made, shutting down the offense the second half?

If you need to make every time McD did something that didn’t work an indictment against him, feel free. I’m simply pointing out that, contrary to your claim, there were times he did help the offense by successfully going for it on and converting 4th downs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

In his several prior NFL OC stops he was used to finishing with offensive ranks in the 30's..........so he might fit in a long line of recent Giants HC's in that regard.

He was worth more to the Bills as an OC for continuity than he is anyone else in the NFL IMO..........but best of luck to him.

Hopefully the next OC can take the Bills offense to the next level.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In his several prior NFL OC stops he was used to finishing with offensive ranks in the 30's..........so he might fit in a long line of recent Giants HC's in that regard.

He was worth more to the Bills as an OC for continuity than he is anyone else in the NFL IMO..........but best of luck to him.

Hopefully the next OC can take the Bills offense to the next level.

He was also used to very sucky talent. Which is what he inherits there too. Luckily he has Joe Schoen to take care of that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Why would anyone want the Miami job? Stuck with Tua, stuck with bad ownership that just surprise fired the last coach, stuck with a GM that might not be around much longer, stuck in a division with Josh Allen and Bill Belichick. Even David Culley might turn that one down.

I don't think there was any way he was going to Miami. The guy grew up in WNY for god's sake, and was a Bills' fan.  Giants all the way.

• Like (+1) 1

No one has disliked Daboll more as a coach than me. I have hated his game planning, scheme and play calling since the day he has been here. To be honest, I am looking forward to what's next and to the evolution of the offense. 

As a person, based on reports over the years I have zero reason to believe he is anything but a fantastic guy, and I wish him the best.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.