Brian Daboll hired to be Head Coach of NY Giants

Draconator

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I heard we'll also be signing Shaq Lawson.

Jones will turn out better than Hurts or Heineke if Daboll goes there.  He's got all the tools, but he was handcuffed by his coaching staff and skill position players who could never stay healthy.  

All I can tell you is look at Dabolls non Josh Allen track record good luck with that 

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So....here's this guy's blurb off twitter

G.T Bobby Thompson @BThomps81

NFL Journalist covering the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for @Bucs__Report

New England Patriots for @crowworthytakes  @FanSided @RamblinFan

I guess random people do get scoops sometimes, but any reason why we think he's plugged in?

Seems like a "Lawson to the Bills" type scoop. Seeing what sticks in the wall.

If, by chance they picked Daboll and Daboll would take it..why wait? Why take the chance that Miami or someone steps in and swoops away "your guy?". Been talked about all week in Giants Twitter by their "Sal Cappacios" that Giants would make and offer this weekend to their choice. Seems like a tea leaf prediction

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

McD is gonna have to nail a new OC.  Of course Allen and Beane will be involved. It’s so important.  The wrong guy could mess up the window of opportunity that we are currently in for a SB trophy. 

Yep this is hugely important.  Much more so than whoever we hire if Frazier leaves.

31 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Was hoping it’d be Frasier more than Daboll but good for him if true. Wouldn’t hate seeing Dorsey get a promotion to OC whatsoever.

yes give it to Dorsey, offense is not the problem here.   More of the same please

Edited by ProcessTruster

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

All I can tell you is look at Dabolls non Josh Allen track record good luck with that 

His last three NFL OC gigs were honestly fairly putrid situations.  He's done an amazing job with Josh and this offense.  But I agree that the QB basically makes or breaks you as an OC.  I think Jones is good enough to make it work assuming he's paired with a competent coaching staff, which he didn't have under Joe Judge.  We will see, I guess.

31 minutes ago, Process said:

Has Frazier interviewed anywhere other than NYG, CHI and MIA?

NYG were probably the only chance we had at Frazier leaving because of the GM connection, no one else is hiring him. Daboll turns down offer from them to go to Miami, Frazier goes to NY. 

Or the Bills allow a lateral move so Frazier can join Daboll. Win-win?  (Note: Not meant to be very serious.)

27 minutes ago, harryS said:

Hopefully we don't end up running the ball too much next season.  I thought the push/pull between McD and Daboll eventually led to the perfect balance towards the end of the season.  I don't want McD dominating some inexperienced coordinator.

This is a good point too. We dont really want mcd looking over dorseys shoulder every other minute

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.