Would McD consider bringing in Gus Bradley to be the new DC??

BuffaloBills1998

Just now, ProcessTruster said:

he's moved off the Cover-3 stuff somewhat, but yeah, he still is not an attacking type style from what I can tell.  McD would approve.  :(

I’d say the raiders defense this year was pretty attacking. That defense is pretty much the main reason why they got into the playoffs

Just now, Sweats said:

After the Frazier Fiasco, nobody will touch the guy.......we're stuck with him.

Oi Vay

Not necessarily, either Beane or Pegula could force McD’s hand in letting him go. They have to know defensively we’re not good enough and we need more of an attack attitude. 

14 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Yes

14 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

he's moved off the Cover-3 stuff somewhat, but yeah, he still is not an attacking type style from what I can tell.  McD would approve.  :(

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Bradley runs a 4-3 under defense. A hell of a lot more aggressive than what Frazier runs

Great info, thanks!

In that case, yes, I can see McD bringing him in. And better yet that he might be a bit more aggressive.

12 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I want a DC that never uses prevent defense.

Todd Bowles called 0 coverage with like 30 seconds left allowing Cooper Kupp 1v1 deep against a safety. 

There aren't any defensive coordinator better than Bowles, he's one of the best. 

I actually don't mind playing soft in that situation it's that they played too soft. I'm still convinced players didn't do their job, but that's still on coaching in that situation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, MWK said:

Frazier ain't getting the Giants job. We aren't going to be that lucky. 

After giving up 42 points he's probably not getting any job.  I like the enthusiasm that Bradley brings and his 4-3 concepts. It would be better than watching Leslie stare aimlessly into space like in a coma.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

After giving up 42 points he's probably not getting any job.

I don't remember frazier out there missing 20 tackles.  

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Todd Bowles called 0 coverage with like 30 seconds left allowing Cooper Kupp 1v1 deep against a safety. 

There aren't any defensive coordinator better than Bowles, he's one of the best. 

I actually don't mind playing soft in that situation it's that they played too soft. I'm still convinced players didn't do their job, but that's still on coaching in that situation.

I think the thought process was also - spread them out along the field and prepare for a possible... hook and ladder or fumblerooski style play.  Just too far off and too far wide.  To leave the seam exposed like that is criminal.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I’m not a Frazier fan, as I think whatever we run is still McD’s even though he says otherwise, but you are right about the poor tackling. We forgot how to tackle in our last game and it lost us the game. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

With rumors around Frazier getting a second interview, if the giants hire Frazier would you be interested in Gus Bradley being our new DC?  He did a pretty solid job with the raiders. Also it’s rumored that McDaniels is the favorite of getting the raiders job

That sounds more like a sideways move,  if they replace Frazier it needs to be someone much better

Frazier's defense won a lot more games for the Bills than it lost for the Bills.  It was extremely effective against most teams.  That #1 ranking is not the nothing many people are implying.  

The problem in the second Chiefs game was that Frazier tried to use the same tactics he used in the first Chiefs game.  Reid and Mahomes knew what to expect and schemed up route trees that attacked it effectively.  THAT was Frazier's mistake, as I see it.  He had his system in place and he was going to ride that horse all the way to the end.  Reid is too smart and creative for Frazier to get away with that.

Considering how lousy the Bills D has been in countless years, I'm not hoping for a big change.  If Frazier returns, I think he'll learn a lesson from the loss.  Also our JV pass rushers will graduate to the varsity, just like Oliver finally has done, and that's going to make any DC look a lot better.  

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I think the thought process was also - spread them out along the field and prepare for a possible... hook and ladder or fumblerooski style play.  Just too far off and too far wide.  To leave the seam exposed like that is criminal.

They over coached the final 2 defensive plays in regulation. Simple as that. There was no need for it, especially on the 1st play from the 25. Just play your defense. They're not going to try a deep pass play there and use up nearly all their time. They just over coached the situation. Players also probably screwed up because it was something they weren't use to doing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.