If DK Metcalf is available for a first and a forth round pick would you do it?

BuffaloBill

No. The problem with this team is defense and OL.  Well its really coaching but that is for a different thread. Allen will make the WRs better. All star QBs do. 

The issues on offense are the interior OL and TE #2.

The issues on defense is Edmunds is overrated and makes no plays, they need another CB#2, they need an underage ang long term fix at DT 1-tech, and a pure edge pass rusher. 

Want to make a trade with the Seahawks. Trade Edmunds straight up for Wagner. 

On 1/28/2022 at 12:46 PM, BuffaloBill said:

Would the Hawks trade Metcalf?

This is a highly unlikely scenario for many reasons - salary cap, impact to Diggs and likelihood that the Hawks just don’t let him go are at the top of the list. However, there are some uncertainties regarding Metcalf future in Seattle.

As for me, If the Bills could get him for a 1st and a 4th I would say do it all day long every day.  Could you imagine the nightmare matchups created with Diggs, Metcalf and Knox in the game as your base set?  You have all combinations of size, speed, route running, ability to play at every level and Josh heaving the rock.  

I love the guy but we dont NEED him so he's not worth trading for, unless it was something ridiculous like a forth.

We should have drafted him when we had the chance, i definitely was a big advocate of his along with Cooper Kupp and TJ Watt. Imagine this team with those three guys on it.

On 1/28/2022 at 12:52 PM, JerseyBills said:

Idk. I'd like to spend those assets elsewhere. 

Our QB just threw 9 TD in 2 playoff gms. I'm not worried about our WRs with Diggs Davis Bease and Knox already on the roster. 

I'd rather add an explosive RB to compliment Motor. 

Or legit pass rusher

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/28/2022 at 1:08 PM, Motorin' said:

Meet Treylon Burks. 6'3", 225lbs, reported to run in the 4.3's. Better route runner and hands than DK. Currently ranked as a late 1st round pick.

Boy, that would be nice to have him, really like his hands,body control and going up for the ball , that speed would be good to have here too. Cant believe a guy like this would be available for us.

On 1/28/2022 at 1:13 PM, HOUSE said:

Buffalo should have grabbed in the 1st or 2nd round. Nearly every draft expert had Metcalf to the Bills

But no...................................Freaking Beane.:doh:

Who did we pick that year?

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/28/2022 at 1:14 PM, Nextmanup said:

I would LOVE to see us upgrade the position.

Aside from the OL or finding a TE better than Knox, it's the most important thing we can do.

And folks want to talk about LBs for God's sake! 

Don't forget--Josh had the DEAD LAST WORST YAC in the NFL this year!

Get another stud so that when KC takes Diggs out of the game, we have the other stud wide open to kill them with.

If they take that guy out of the game, we kill them with Diggs.

KC has Kelce and Hill!

Not saying upgrades wouldn't be nice but Davis did excellent when Diggs was shut down.

Signing DJ Chark and Braxton Berrios would go along way to upgrading the position without spending draft capitol.

On 1/28/2022 at 1:19 PM, In Summary said:

No. Need to build a roster more that collect fancy pieces. 

Roster is fine, we need a few stars to put us over the top.

On 1/28/2022 at 1:58 PM, ProcessTruster said:

No. 

Offensive production is not an issue for this roster, other than maybe drafting an big RB2 who can pass pro

Keep your draft picks and go sign Chandler Jones, releasing Hughes and Addison.   Use your # 1  on a fast fast corner .  There are quite a few in this draft.  Do not miss the opportunity.  

Not a bad strategy but we dont need a big RB for pass pro. Our RBs are fine but if we can get a dynamic playmaker at RB then we should.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2022 at 12:14 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Boy, that would be nice to have him, really like his hands,body control and going up for the ball , that speed would be good to have here too. Cant believe a guy like this would be available for us.

Who did we pick that year?

Cody in a trade up.. I thought we were trading up to take DK..  what a bummer

On 1/28/2022 at 11:54 AM, Tanoros said:

I live in Seattle and see a fair amount of Hawks football. He isn’t a McDermott type of player. He gives up on plays, or puts in minimal effort. This year many of my local friends really soured on Metcalfs lack of effort at times. 

Personally I wanted him bad going into that draft, after watching his lack effort, I believe that to be big reason behind his slide. 

Hmm...

He only has a cap hit of 4 mil this year. UFA after this season.  I’d be intrigued by acquiring him with an extension and extending Diggs at the same time

2023 1st + 2023 4th + 2022 6th + Isaiah Hodgins for DK w/extension

Draft Jameson Williams. 

Diggs 

Metcalf

Davis

Williams

Crowder

McKenzie

6 quality receivers with different skill sets for Allen

lots of fun formations to kill defenses

4WR Set: Metcalf, Davis outside

Diggs and Williams/Crowder/Mckenzie rotating in the slot would create LOTS of problems…oh my.

you could then trade 1 of the top 3 for a good return when Gabe Davis is due for an extension in a few years

Edited by Warriorspikes51

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He only has a cap hit of 4 mil this year. UFA after this season.  I’d be intrigued by acquiring him with an extension and extending Diggs at the same time

2023 1st + 2023 4th + 2022 6th + Isaiah Hodgins for DK w/extension

He's half their remaining Offense.  Why would they let him go for a late 1st rounder in 2023?  

• Like (+1) 1

Not a chance.  He's limited in what he can do due to his lack of flexibility and route running.  His season last year was the first sign of that....although the TDs were a nice number his stats were not worth a first.  Grab one of the top 5 in this draft and they will have longer better careers than Metcalfe. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/28/2022 at 12:46 PM, BuffaloBill said:

Would the Hawks trade Metcalf?

This is a highly unlikely scenario for many reasons - salary cap, impact to Diggs and likelihood that the Hawks just don’t let him go are at the top of the list. However, there are some uncertainties regarding Metcalf future in Seattle.

As for me, If the Bills could get him for a 1st and a 4th I would say do it all day long every day.  Could you imagine the nightmare matchups created with Diggs, Metcalf and Knox in the game as your base set?  You have all combinations of size, speed, route running, ability to play at every level and Josh heaving the rock.  

What you gonna do with Davis, Crowder, McKenzie and Howard? Ridiculous idea, assuming it's even possible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.