If DK Metcalf is available for a first and a forth round pick would you do it?

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Supposed to have bad hands - though sounds coachable. Would he be BPA at the top of round #1?  Also WR’s generally take 2-3 years to develop.

He's had 72% catch rate the last 2 years. And he might just be BPA at 25, but it's hard to say pre-combine. 

But yeah, if the Bills take a wr that high, the idea would be for him to turn into a1 in 2-3 years, which is when Diggs turns 31-32. 

I was one of the biggest proponents of DK on this board during the draft.

That said, I've soured on DK.  The talent is undeniable, but I don't like where his head is.  His Twitter spat with Shannon Sharpe and some of his selfish antics on the field (resulting in penalties) have changed my feelings toward him as a player.

I agree with the idea of getting another quality receiving threat.  I think the best way to leverage talent acquired for this team is to get more weapons for Allen.  Allen is the far and away the most important player and getting more quality receiving threats for him has a sort of a multiplier effect.

It’s not a coincidence that just about every time a receiver joins the Bills they have their best years ever.   Load talent around Allen and a good blocking line and the Bills will always be near the top.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, motorj said:

So will Gabe take over the slot position and Cole would be out? I mean obviously Diggs and Metcalf as the top WR's would be pretty good as well but they need some defensive stoppers

I don’t think Gabe has the ideal skill set for a slot guy.  This sounds like a nice idea but Davis has earned a shot for the outside WR opposite Diggs.  A disruptive pass rusher would probably have a bigger impact on the team. 

7 hours ago, Magox said:

I agree with the idea of getting another quality receiving threat.  I think the best way to leverage talent acquired for this team is to get more weapons for Allen.  Allen is the far and away the most important player and getting more quality receiving threats for him has a sort of a multiplier effect.

It’s not a coincidence that just about every time a receiver joins the Bills they have their best years ever.   Load talent around Allen and a good blocking line and the Bills will always be near the top.

This is 100% where I'm at as well.

Bills should use our 1st and draft a YAC monster like Treylon Burks with #25 pick if still on the board.

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Agree 1

No I would rather have a young guy on a rookie contract for 4-5 years.   We have Oliver to re-sign, then it will be what to pay Knox and Gabe.    Especially when I'm worried Beane will sign Edmunds to 5 years and 80 million.

Edited by billsfan714

On 1/28/2022 at 12:54 PM, Tanoros said:

I live in Seattle and see a fair amount of Hawks football. He isn’t a McDermott type of player. He gives up on plays, or puts in minimal effort. This year many of my local friends really soured on Metcalfs lack of effort at times. 

Personally I wanted him bad going into that draft, after watching his lack effort, I believe that to be big reason behind his slide. 

Minnesota said that about Diggs too.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Minnesota said that about Diggs too.

I didn’t watch Diggs as close then as I do Metcalf now. So I don’t know about the comparison, but I do know what I see in Metcalf. He gives up on plays in a way you don’t see very often, in any game, from any player and it’s usually when you need him most (after some struggles). 

Diggs doesn’t strike me as the kind of person to have ever been like that, and if so, he has grown tremendously. 

I'd love to have Metcalf.  The biggest obstacle to making a trade would be the contract he's due to earn when his rookie deal is up.  The success Buffalo has enjoyed has mad managing the salary cap more challenging.  For that reason I think Beane would steer clear of that deal.  He doesn't tend to splurge like that for what might end up being a short term gain.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.