If DK Metcalf is available for a first and a forth round pick would you do it?

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Would the Hawks trade Metcalf?

This is a highly unlikely scenario for many reasons - salary cap, impact to Diggs and likelihood that the Hawks just don’t let him go are at the top of the list. However, there are some uncertainties regarding Metcalf future in Seattle.

As for me, If the Bills could get him for a 1st and a 4th I would say do it all day long every day.  Could you imagine the nightmare matchups created with Diggs, Metcalf and Knox in the game as your base set?  You have all combinations of size, speed, route running, ability to play at every level and Josh heaving the rock.  

Maybe we can trade them Cody Ford ,  lol! 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

YES! What we're missing is a big target at WR, plus this guy is an athletic freak

To me Mike Williams also fills the bill. Word is that Bolts are looking to draft his replacement. This years WR draft is deep though and depending on whose available when we are on the board that’s where I would look in the first or second rounds. We went D at the top of last years draft. Maybe we should be giving Josh a better supporting class, RB, WR. O-line (center).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I would LOVE to see us upgrade the position.

Aside from the OL or finding a TE better than Knox, it's the most important thing we can do.

And folks want to talk about LBs for God's sake! 

Don't forget--Josh had the DEAD LAST WORST YAC in the NFL this year!

Get another stud so that when KC takes Diggs out of the game, we have the other stud wide open to kill them with.

If they take that guy out of the game, we kill them with Diggs.

KC has Kelce and Hill!

The studs name is Gabe Davis.  

you missed a great game

• Like (+1) 1

No way!

WR isn't the problem on this team.  We have much more pressing needs & to trade our #1 (and a 4th that is just piling on) for another WR is foolish. Plus Metcalf is going to want a pretty big extension or you lose him in 1 year. Horrible draft capital value.  

• Like (+1) 2

He's an excellent player, but with Diggs and Davis on the outside already and with both as upcoming 2024 FAs,  I think I'd have to pass.  Go find a mid tier bargain to stretch the field like they did with John Brown a few years back and add a quality slot receiver prospect in the 1st or 2nd. 

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

He's an excellent player, but with Diggs and Davis on the outside already and with both as upcoming 2024 FAs,  I think I'd have to pass.  Go find a mid tier bargain to stretch the field like they did with John Brown a few years back and add a quality slot receiver prospect in the 1st or 2nd. 

Valid, based on current trajectory, I would be setting aside some good money for Davis.  Diggs is going to be hard to let go of, but it comes down to dollars and sense for that one, if it makes sense ok.

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Meet Treylon Burks. 6'3", 225lbs, reported to run in the 4.3's. Better route runner and hands than DK. Currently ranked as a late 1st round pick.

Supposed to have bad hands - though sounds coachable. Would he be BPA at the top of round #1?  Also WR’s generally take 2-3 years to develop.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

How about Diontae Johnson from Pittsburgh?  

They may be in a re-tool mode and maybe they'd be looking to wheel and deal?

Until they find the next QB they ain't goin' anywhere...

I'd rather James Washington who is a free agent and has crazy talent but was burried on the depth chart.

Not to mention he will be extremely cheap

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Would the Hawks trade Metcalf?

This is a highly unlikely scenario for many reasons - salary cap, impact to Diggs and likelihood that the Hawks just don’t let him go are at the top of the list. However, there are some uncertainties regarding Metcalf future in Seattle.

As for me, If the Bills could get him for a 1st and a 4th I would say do it all day long every day.  Could you imagine the nightmare matchups created with Diggs, Metcalf and Knox in the game as your base set?  You have all combinations of size, speed, route running, ability to play at every level and Josh heaving the rock.  

No brainer.

My only issue with your post? Why not mention Gabriel into the equation. He is, as we all witnessed Sunday, a manchild ready for stardom. DIggs, DK and Gabe?!?!?!

Dare I say BEST assembly ever?!?

3 hours ago, Billl said:

Why not just draft your own guy?  Beane already gave up the pick that was used for Justin Jefferson to get Diggs.  You want to give away another first rounder for the right to pay Metcalf $20,000,000 a year?  At some point you’ve got to draft your own talent rather than overpay for the talent someone else found.

Pay Diggs, he is a pro!

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I would LOVE to see us upgrade the position.

Aside from the OL or finding a TE better than Knox, it's the most important thing we can do.

And folks want to talk about LBs for God's sake! 

Don't forget--Josh had the DEAD LAST WORST YAC in the NFL this year!

Get another stud so that when KC takes Diggs out of the game, we have the other stud wide open to kill them with.

If they take that guy out of the game, we kill them with Diggs.

KC has Kelce and Hill!

Hmmmm how many TD's did Davis have?   Seems like the Bills have that stud already.

Yes.

He's an elite talent that is dirt cheap next season........just over $1M due, so cheaper than a first rounder.........which is really important and allows them to make other moves in the short term.

To me.......Josh Allen with DK Metcalf has always been the ulimate potential combo of physical freaks at their positions............should have happened on draft day 2019.

There are downsides..........he will be a free agent in 2023........putting him at Z means Gabe Davis or even Diggs might have to play some slot to get all 3 on the field.

But Metcalf is a potential full season TD record breaker out wide when combined with Josh Allen........a perfect match for Allen's powerful arm(and seemingly improving deep ball)...........a giant target when the weather gets bad in Buffalo.........a player who will physically exhaust the opposition as well.

I'm also a little leery about extending Diggs contract.........he's still really good but I don't want to see them give him some 5 year extension for $100M on top of what's left based on what I saw this season.........he's got enough mileage on him that I'd like the option of seeing both Metcalf and Diggs together and decide after next season which way to go long term.

If you lose Metcalf in UFA........that's a fifth year option you don't have to worry about and you likely get a late 3rd round comp pick for him in 2024.    Doesn't sound like much but there is no guarantee that 25th overall pick is going to be better than Shaq Lawson.

Also,  Gabriel Davis has not proven to me that he can be relied on all season..........he has had big games both seasons........but I still don't trust him to be the uncontested WR2.    The inconsistencies and days when he just hasn't been able to make a play(like the likely game losing drop in Jax for example),  the games missed and hindering nagging injuries both years,  his decision making that cost him the chance to play in the second NE game,  and just the lack of actually having a 800-1000 yard season yet tells me he doesn't yet warrant that nod for a team who is shooting for a #1 seed or bust against teams like KC and Cinci who are loaded with more proven weapons.  

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.