If DK Metcalf is available for a first and a forth round pick would you do it?

BuffaloBill

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He only has a cap hit of 4 mil this year. UFA after this season.  I’d be intrigued by acquiring him with an extension and extending Diggs at the same time

2023 1st + 2023 4th + 2022 6th + Isaiah Hodgins for DK w/extension

Draft Jameson Williams. 

Diggs 

Metcalf

Davis

Williams

Crowder

McKenzie

6 quality receivers with different skill sets for Allen

lots of fun formations to kill defenses

4WR Set: Metcalf, Davis outside

Diggs and Williams/Crowder/Mckenzie rotating in the slot would create LOTS of problems…oh my.

you could then trade 1 of the top 3 for a good return when Gabe Davis is due for an extension in a few years

Too many cooks in the kitchen. I'd be content to extend Diggs and show him  the commitment. Show Gabe he's our true #2 and draft Jameson,  Olave or Dotson.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

passing on him and taking Cody Ford in the second kind of feels like the biggest miss by Beane.

For sure , i was definitely not happy with that pick, not only did we miss on Metcalf i was not impressed with Ford's tape and then unfortunately it came true. Im hoping Ford gets cut because he's been taking up a roster spot since hes been here. Can Kromer make him into something, maybe but i doubt it and to think we cut Wyatt Teller for this bum is equally as galling.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think that's worse, because he was actually on the team.

i remember ranting about us not picking him as the rounds went on and when we finally picked him i was ecstatic, so trading him really pissed me off. There was a lot of comparisons to Ritchie Incognito both physically and mentally, makes me wonder if this was part of the reason they traded him.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:46 AM, BuffaloBill said:

Would the Hawks trade Metcalf?

This is a highly unlikely scenario for many reasons - salary cap, impact to Diggs and likelihood that the Hawks just don’t let him go are at the top of the list. However, there are some uncertainties regarding Metcalf future in Seattle.

As for me, If the Bills could get him for a 1st and a 4th I would say do it all day long every day.  Could you imagine the nightmare matchups created with Diggs, Metcalf and Knox in the game as your base set?  You have all combinations of size, speed, route running, ability to play at every level and Josh heaving the rock.  

to get DK he needs an extension. Diggs would immediately be out of camp and likely gone.

So I vote no.

If you extend Diggs first and figure out a way to get DK i would consider it but in that scenario DK is a one year rental.(and virtually no chance DK agrees to be traded without new contract) And I am not giving up a 1st and 4th for a one year rental or / a 1st and 4th plus the huge payday DK wants.

I don't think it is doable.

Pats just got D Parker for peanuts. Look that route.

On 1/28/2022 at 12:50 PM, Nextmanup said:

I would LOVE to get this cowboy.

It's a topic for another thread, but incidentally, as a soccer fan, he is the perfect example of the American athlete I DREAM of some day playing soccer as a boy in this country.

6'4", 230 lbs, strong as a gorilla, and runs a 4.3 ????

Can you imagine this guy flying around a soccer field?

The USA would never lose at the World Cup.

If only our best athletes played soccer.

Anyway, yes, get him on the Bills if at all possible.

Make it so that opposing defenses simply DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS to take away our elite weapons! 

100%. This is exactly why countries like Jamaica always dominate the world cup, and teams like 2010 Spain with slow 5'8" Iniesta and Xavi as their star players are perennial losers. 

15 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Too many cooks in the kitchen. I'd be content to extend Diggs and show him  the commitment. Show Gabe he's our true #2 and draft Jameson,  Olave or Dotson.

Are you trying to be a cook in the kitchen too?

On 1/28/2022 at 11:46 AM, BuffaloBill said:

Would the Hawks trade Metcalf?

This is a highly unlikely scenario for many reasons - salary cap, impact to Diggs and likelihood that the Hawks just don’t let him go are at the top of the list. However, there are some uncertainties regarding Metcalf future in Seattle.

As for me, If the Bills could get him for a 1st and a 4th I would say do it all day long every day.  Could you imagine the nightmare matchups created with Diggs, Metcalf and Knox in the game as your base set?  You have all combinations of size, speed, route running, ability to play at every level and Josh heaving the rock.  

You forgot to mention a first a fourth & $20 million a year i don't think Beane will go for that especially now .

49 minutes ago, T master said:

You forgot to mention a first a fourth & $20 million a year i don't think Beane will go for that especially now .

Im open to debate on DK as a player who’s worth it, but - as you point out - DK will immediately want a new contract, one that likely starts at the Tyreek Hill numbers.  

Essentially we’d be trading Picks + 2 of the following 3 (Edmunds, Oliver, Knox) because with both Diggs and DK needing $$$, we’re letting two of them walk/trade. 

Diggs-Davis-DK, with Knox at TE is certainly something.. Is it worth losing some high picks plus Edmunds plus Oliver?…  That would be the question.  

Obviously this isn’t happening though.  

Edited by SCBills

Is DK the player worth it.  Yes.

Is it worth it for us.  No.

We cant afford him and Diggs, and Diggs is a better all around receiver.  So we would sacrifice those picks for a one year rental and lose him for nothing next year.  I would rater hold those picks and draft a WR who can be here 4 to 5 years before big money would be due.  Plus, we are pretty strong already at WR this year, not a pressing need.

Not gonna happen.

• Agree 1

On 1/28/2022 at 12:50 PM, Nextmanup said:

I would LOVE to get this cowboy.

It's a topic for another thread, but incidentally, as a soccer fan, he is the perfect example of the American athlete I DREAM of some day playing soccer as a boy in this country.

6'4", 230 lbs, strong as a gorilla, and runs a 4.3 ????

Can you imagine this guy flying around a soccer field?

The USA would never lose at the World Cup.

If only our best athletes played soccer.

Anyway, yes, get him on the Bills if at all possible.

Make it so that opposing defenses simply DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS to take away our elite weapons! 

I get the soccer point, but I like football more.  USA is big enough that we should have more studs in soccer, IMO

15 hours ago, cba fan said:

to get DK he needs an extension. Diggs would immediately be out of camp and likely gone.

So I vote no.

If you extend Diggs first and figure out a way to get DK i would consider it but in that scenario DK is a one year rental.(and virtually no chance DK agrees to be traded without new contract) And I am not giving up a 1st and 4th for a one year rental or / a 1st and 4th plus the huge payday DK wants.

I don't think it is doable.

Pats just got D Parker for peanuts. Look that route.

would have loved to land D Parker.  wonder if we tried?   Pats basically got him free.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.