If DK Metcalf is available for a first and a forth round pick would you do it?

BuffaloBill

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

How about Diontae Johnson from Pittsburgh?  

They may be in a re-tool mode and maybe they'd be looking to wheel and deal?

Until they find the next QB they ain't goin' anywhere...

Absolutely not to Johnson, he’s God Awful.  Can’t catch, hard pass.

I don’t see why they would be tempted by a late 1st. 

He’s also entering the final year of rookie contract and will likely want something in the neighborhood of $100mil or more. 

He’s a great player but I think we should pass. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Probably not.  I think this team is so Josh Allen centric that  he has enough weapons around him.  Now sure, could you always get better weapons and will it help? Yes, it would, but at what cost?  The cap space that DK would eat up...how many more points would the Bills score compared to what you could do with that cap space on the OL, DL, LB or DB's?   I think Allen can carry this offense with good weapons (not great) and the money spent on 'great' players can best be spent either protecting Allen or giving him a Defense that will win the KC game or the Tennessee game from earlier this year.

20 minutes ago, Billl said:

Why not just draft your own guy?  Beane already gave up the pick that was used for Justin Jefferson to get Diggs.  You want to give away another first rounder for the right to pay Metcalf $20,000,000 a year?  At some point you’ve got to draft your own talent rather than overpay for the talent someone else found.

The Rams are about to go to their second SB in 4 years doing exactly this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This team isn’t starving for WR

I would LOVE to see us upgrade the position.

Aside from the OL or finding a TE better than Knox, it's the most important thing we can do.

And folks want to talk about LBs for God's sake! 

Don't forget--Josh had the DEAD LAST WORST YAC in the NFL this year!

Get another stud so that when KC takes Diggs out of the game, we have the other stud wide open to kill them with.

If they take that guy out of the game, we kill them with Diggs.

KC has Kelce and Hill!

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Buffalo should have grabbed in the 1st or 2nd round. Nearly every draft expert had Metcalf to the Bills

But no...................................Freaking Beane.:doh:

In all fairness, the drafting has been BAD--which is perplexing b/c I think he's been good in other areas of strategy and team building.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

12 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

He's a great player, but no I wouldn't want to trade for him. 

We'd lose out on draft capital and have to give him a massive contract.

If we're chasing after WRs I'd rather try to sign UFAs like Godwin or Adams. 

If we go the FA WR route...DJ Chark is a guy that I would like. Has size, good speed and is still young. May also be able to catch a bargin as he's coming off injury. Guy would be a slam dunk in this offense IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

Depends largely on what his contract status is, which IDK.  Are you inheriting a cap friendly contract for a few years, or at the other extreme is this a "one year rental" at market rates?  The former - yes; the latter - no.

He has one year left on his rookie deal. So, his cap number for 2022 is amazing. But, he will want to get paid after that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.