If DK Metcalf is available for a first and a forth round pick would you do it?

BuffaloBill

Would the Hawks trade Metcalf?

This is a highly unlikely scenario for many reasons - salary cap, impact to Diggs and likelihood that the Hawks just don’t let him go are at the top of the list. However, there are some uncertainties regarding Metcalf future in Seattle.

As for me, If the Bills could get him for a 1st and a 4th I would say do it all day long every day.  Could you imagine the nightmare matchups created with Diggs, Metcalf and Knox in the game as your base set?  You have all combinations of size, speed, route running, ability to play at every level and Josh heaving the rock.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 8
  • Dislike 1

I would LOVE to get this cowboy.

It's a topic for another thread, but incidentally, as a soccer fan, he is the perfect example of the American athlete I DREAM of some day playing soccer as a boy in this country.

6'4", 230 lbs, strong as a gorilla, and runs a 4.3 ????

Can you imagine this guy flying around a soccer field?

The USA would never lose at the World Cup.

If only our best athletes played soccer.

Anyway, yes, get him on the Bills if at all possible.

Make it so that opposing defenses simply DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS to take away our elite weapons! 

Edited by Nextmanup

Why not just draft your own guy?  Beane already gave up the pick that was used for Justin Jefferson to get Diggs.  You want to give away another first rounder for the right to pay Metcalf $20,000,000 a year?  At some point you’ve got to draft your own talent rather than overpay for the talent someone else found.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Would the Hawks trade Metcalf?

This is a highly unlikely scenario for many reasons - salary cap, impact to Diggs and likelihood that the Hawks just don’t let him go are at the top of the list. However, there are some uncertainties regarding Metcalf future in Seattle.

As for me, If the Bills could get him for a 1st and a 4th I would say do it all day long every day.  Could you imagine the nightmare matchups created with Diggs, Metcalf and Knox in the game as your base set?  You have all combinations of size, speed, route running, ability to play at every level and Josh heaving the rock.  

I live in Seattle and see a fair amount of Hawks football. He isn’t a McDermott type of player. He gives up on plays, or puts in minimal effort. This year many of my local friends really soured on Metcalfs lack of effort at times. 

Personally I wanted him bad going into that draft, after watching his lack effort, I believe that to be big reason behind his slide. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

No. I would not.

DK is talented. No doubts about it. However, I like Davis. As long as they nail the 1st round pick this year we will need talented players on a rookie contracts going forward. I'd rather see Gabe hit his potential and add a 1st round talent to the roster with him. 

DK is a specimen. He's also getting ready for a payday. We also, as a team seemed to use our WRs on a matchup based game plan. There may be stretches where Metcalf isn't featured. Can he handle that better here then he reportedly did in Seattle last year? Can he keep himself in check?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/seahawks-wr-dk-metcalf-on-repeated-outbursts-i-ve-got-to-grow-up-and-continue-to

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Tanoros said:

I live in Seattle and see a fair amount of Hawks football. He isn’t a McDermott type of player. He gives up on plays, or puts in minimal effort. This year many of my local friends really soured on Metcalfs lack of effort at times. 

Personally I wanted him bad going into that draft, after watching his lack effort, I believe that to be big reason behind his slide. 

This.  He’d be absurd in our Offense, but he seems like a dude who goes sideways the second there is adversity.  At least that’s what he put out there visibly in Seattle this year. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

How about Diontae Johnson from Pittsburgh?  

They may be in a re-tool mode and maybe they'd be looking to wheel and deal?

Until they find the next QB they ain't goin' anywhere...

He drops too many passes for me. He improved there a lot this past year. But in the playoffs, when it mattered most, he had some critical drops. With Allen's velocity, I don't like the fit. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 8

The fact that we’re talking about the 25th pick makes it tempting.  The issues I have are that a) he’s apparently turned into a bit of a diva and headcase and b) he’s in the last year of his rookie contract.  Zero chance I give up a first (plus a fourth) without a new contract in place.  Then there’s a likely impact with Diggs too.  He’s got a contract that underpays him relative to his performance and I doubt he’d be happy being the best WR on the Bills while also being the second best paid one.  Also I’d have to be comfortable with him in the locker room. 

This one is nice to dream about but there are just too many obstacles.  The only way I’d see it is if he was forcing his way out of Seattle and wanted to come to Buffalo specifically.  Then we’d still need to get contracts for him and Diggs in order. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He drops too many passes for me. He improved there a lot this past year. But in the playoffs, when it mattered most, he had some critical drops. With Allen's velocity, I don't like the fit. 

Seriously?

Last year, he had 127 targets, 81 catches, and THREE DROPS.

3.6% drop rate, one of the best in the game.

2 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

He's a great player, but no I wouldn't want to trade for him. 

We'd lose out on draft capital and have to give him a massive contract.

If we're chasing after WRs I'd rather try to sign UFAs like Godwin or Adams. 

I'm happy to give up draft capital for proven studs in this league, as opposed to blowing the same capital on draft picks that turn into players like those on our DL right now.

Or Tremaine Edmunds. Or....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.