Hitting Me Tough Again Today - What Could Have Been

BuffaloBaumer

I am not sure what is going on as I really thought I was through the tough stretch of emotions. Knowing that KC is hosting in 2 days is just gutting me again. I know it's all been said but these 13 seconds just won't go away. I know that we should all be happy that Allen is our QB (and that is an understatement because he's the best player in the NFL) but it still doesn't help that what ifs. Who would have ever thought Rogers would win 1 SB over all these years? I am just going to bullet point the pain and then hopefully I can move on from this nightmare:

3 just brainless plays had to happen in order to lose that game. Just avoid ONE moronic playcall and the Bills are playing on Sunday

Buffalo had the healthiest roster they could ever want heading into the Championship

Allen was literally playing the best football anyone has ever see in the history of the playoffs

All the QBs who were going to be obstacles were knocked out of the playoffs and we were 13 seconds from achieving the ultimate KO in KC

Watching all the highlights all week long and enjoying all the hype was torn away (too painful to watch). The Allen hype would have been just bliss

I had friends and family flying in from all over the country and the tailgate being prepared would have been 1 for the ages 

Being at the game knowing that if they win, Super Bowl celebration would have been a memory of all memories

The 2 weeks of joy leading up to the Super Bowl watching every possible clip you could find on TV/radio, etc..

The mood of the city if they had won this weekend....I wanted it so badly for everyone

They will have more chances but will they ever have a better chance? I don't think so.....players and coaches leaving, health, AFC only getting stronger and stronger

Thanks for the therapy session as I really hope there are some responses to get me past this feeling. Never did I think it could be worse than wide right....and it is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Look how close Rousseau was to getting an INT.

45A7F13D-A1AE-464D-A27D-4A4F0646EB33.jpeg.90116680b4f84a629b2c8269defa3b68.jpeg

He wasn't close. Mahomes threw the ball under his arms. People are so use to Mahomes doing unbelievable things that they just don't react to it anymore. He has a 400 yard 4 TD game and everyone is like yeah whatever...

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 3

I posted this in another thread, might be more appropriate here. 

The off season is summed up for me as follows:

I'm sick for Josh Allen, who was perfect in two games.  He could not possibly play any better.. and he goes home.

I'm sick for Gabe Davis, who could not properly enjoy his career night in the playoffs.

I'm sick for us fans,  who once again have to be gracious losers of a historic game that will be brought up for generations to come.

I'm sick that another fanbase is gifted a W.  One that they likely felt entitled to

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I am right there with you. Frustrating as hell. I know its only sports and in the big picture its not that important but this loss will sting all the way till next season.

Yup, there is just something worse about the coaches letting the team down than a player making a mistake. There was just ZERO reason to have this happen and it will never make sense as to what they could have been thinking. I truly believe that SOMEONE thought during the flurry of 24 points in 2 minutes (2 point and 1 point conversions) that they were up by 4 and not 3. nothing else makes sense, NOTHING.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Look how close Rousseau was to getting an INT.

45A7F13D-A1AE-464D-A27D-4A4F0646EB33.jpeg.90116680b4f84a629b2c8269defa3b68.jpeg

That photo is extremely deceptive.

He never had any chance of a pick on that play; it was one of the sickest throws you will ever see from a QB at any level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaahhhhhhh. . .. . .. ..  . Nope. Didn't help.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm in full rationalization mode - but I think we would have had a very tough time w/ the Rams in the SB (I know they still have to beat San Fran).

They have a pass rush, we don't.  Defense wins championships, and theirs is better. They have a more balanced team - we have relied on Allen an inordinate amount of time.

There was a reason for this, I think. When we do make it back to the SB (next year), there won't be that kind of doubt.  We'll be the best team.

I am still hurting too especially now with the tv coverage for the games this weekend. Man, 13 f'n seconds.  I trully believe that they would have made the Super Bowl and likely win that game too. On bright side, Josh Allen has cemented himself as a top/franchise quarterback which makes the Bills a contender again next year. 

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm in full rationalization mode - but I think we would have had a very tough time w/ the Rams in the SB (I know they still have to beat San Fran).

They have a pass rush, we don't.  Defense wins championships, and theirs is better. They have a more balanced team - we have relied on Allen an inordinate amount of time.

There was a reason for this, I think. When we do make it back to the SB (next year), there won't be that kind of doubt.  We'll be the best team.

Very good point. Rams have a great defense. 49ers are pretty good too. I still think Bills would have beaten both teams though especially against the Rams it would have come down to the last play and we know Allen can deliver (unlike the coaching staff)   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.