Josh Allen Rookie card sold for $264, 000, value is now at $312,000

HOUSE

The best part about it is, the card at best is 60-40 side to side. Not a 10. I have a lot of stuff from the 50's on up, some graded. I have a couple of jordan refractors graded 10 that looks like a 9 and a few psa 9s that look dead on psa 10s. Comics are even worse. With CGC grading on golden and silver age books, consistency is non existent.  Buy the card not the grade.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have no idea what all that means. 

What is PSA/DNA certified? 

Does it actually have a piece of a game worn jersey with his DNA on it or something?

PSA/DNA means that the autograph on that card is 100% authentic. The card graded a gem mint 10 is the highest grade that particular card can get by PSA and the Jersey is worn by Josh Allen, sometimes it’s game worn but most of the time it’s event worn, he walks around at event with it and the card company cuts it up and puts it into the card.

That's insane. 

Only thing  it shows you is that a few have gobs upon gobs of disposable income while many others struggle...

Society @ this level isn't sustainable. 

4 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Back in the day I used a Thurman Munson rookie card as a flapper on the spokes of my banana bike. It was so cool.

Like!  Same.  Bags of them!

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

• HOUSE changed the title to Josh Allen Rookie card sold for $264, 000, value is now at $312,000
1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Bills isn’t stitched like that and our jerseys don’t say Buffalo on them. I don’t see how either could be the letter “B”

I’ve seen this with cards from many players.  I believe what we’re looking at is from a jersey with “Rookie” as the nameplate.  These may be used in a minicamp that isn’t open to the public early on.  You see these “oo”’s and R’s and k’s on a lot of these cards of guys whose names don’t match.

8 hours ago, TYSONKO1 said:

The best part about it is, the card at best is 60-40 side to side. Not a 10. I have a lot of stuff from the 50's on up, some graded. I have a couple of jordan refractors graded 10 that looks like a 9 and a few psa 9s that look dead on psa 10s. Comics are even worse. With CGC grading on golden and silver age books, consistency is non existent.  Buy the card not the grade.

Not sure I agree about the Allen card being OC.  The NT cards don’t always look naturally centered even when they are.  I will say that although pictures can be deceiving to me there seems to be an edge flaw on the left near the bottom.  

50 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’ve seen this with cards from many players.  I believe what we’re looking at is from a jersey with “Rookie” as the nameplate.  These may be used in a minicamp that isn’t open to the public early on.  You see these “oo”’s and R’s and k’s on a lot of these cards of guys whose names don’t match.

Someone mentioned that on twitter. I spent a while trying to find anything I could that showed “rookie” on the back. All I could find was the players name. It would be weird to use a game Jersey that said rookie in a mini camp. They use practice jerseys and I don’t see them being super secret with the media if they did have them change to a different Jersey than normal unless it was some type of rookie hazing. 

Edit- Someone else mentioned the card companies have them wear a Jersey at an event and cut it up after. I wouldn’t want the card if that were the case. Game worn or nothing for me. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.