Has the NFL season ended for anyone else?

billsintaiwan

I don't like any of the teams left but just like last year hoping the Chiefs don't win it all.

In fact it's still somewhat gut wrenching to admit how much I was rooting for the Bucs and Brady in the SB last year but luckily they made it real easy because of that being a lopsided game that was over pretty much at halftime.

I honestly don't think I'll be watching the Championship games simply because it's my wife's birthday, but I'll absolutely be watching the Super Bowl and will hope and pray the Chiefs aren't in there.

I know some people are saying they want the Chiefs to throttle everyone from hereon out to somehow prove the Bills are the 2nd best team in the NFL, but that's not what will be discussed in the offseason.  What will be discussed is that the Chiefs are now a dynasty.  And that just makes me sick.

The order of who I want to see win the Super Bowl:

SF (the true underdog... and I'd love to see Jimmy G win and put Shanny in a bind as to what to do with him next year.  Plus Jimmy G will probably win on the back of his D and Deebo Samuel)

LA (I just really like Stafford.  I always did in Detroit and he was stuck in Detroit.  Let's face it, Stafford might make the HOF, but he doesn't have a chance anymore to be in the conversation of All time Great QBs.)

Cincy (I don't want the Bengals win the Super Bowl, but I don't want them to win the Super Bowl significantly less than the Chiefs.  I will say that it'll be annoying listening to all the offseason chatter of how great Burrow is and how he might be the best QB in the league... and you know we'll start hearing some people say this.)

KC (YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!  This will start reaching the realm of me rooting against them as hard as I did against the Pats for years!)

And I want to also note (and you can probably tell) that at this point in my fandom I'm largely rooting for teams that I don't think will be a threat to Buffalo's dynasty or Josh Allen's other-level-greatness for the next 10-15 years.  Yes, I know that's petty.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

The season always ends for me when the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs. It didn't in my younger years; however, these days I simply enjoy my sports team, and when they are done for the season, I have no more interest. I would rather spend my time more productively.

What are you doing on Monday and Sunday nights that are so productive? 

• Haha (+1) 1

I'll probably have the games turned on this weekend but I don't really care who wins either game. The excitement I'll have will be the same as if I was watching a Jets vs Giants game.

Considering I've only watched one of the past five Super Bowls (I stopped watching Brady Bowls a long time ago) I'll watch this one.

You can still root for the Bills in these final three games because not all outcomes are equal and/or irrelevant to the Bills, imo.  For example, what if KC gets destroyed in the Super Bowl again?  That would cause them to have a lot of angst and uncertainty about their "dynasty", and maybe they follow up the Super Bowl beatdown with another Super Bowl hangover like they had for like half the season this year.

Furthermore, what would be the concern about McBeane?  That they're too aggressive in trying to win a Super Bowl, or that they're not aggressive enough, or perhaps neither?  I would say my concern with them is easily that they don't end up being aggressive enough in acquiring elite talent fast enough to help Josh Allen out.  So wouldn't the Rams winning the Super Bowl be a nice message to send to McBeane?

That's why I'm rooting for the Rams to spank KC in the Super Bowl.  I believe that's an outcome that would increase Buffalo's chances in coming seasons, however slight the increase.

20 hours ago, Mark92 said:

Should we be pulling for the Bengals or the Chiefs?  I can see wanting the Chiefs the to get knocked out but I can also see the team that " beat" us winning it all.  

Chiefs to beat Bengals as I don’t know if I can deal with Burrow getting a ring ahead of Josh, then Rams or 49ers beat Chiefs.

Edited by UKBillFan

17 hours ago, In Summary said:

Probably done. Time for hockey.  Some good young Sabres talent worth watching.

Some of us have been watching since the season started, and that young talent needs a few more years. 

We'll finish bottom 5 this year.

Maybe try curling.

• Disagree 1

17 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

What are you doing on Monday and Sunday nights that are so productive? 

Spending time with my wife, working on a new business I am trying to get off the ground, reading some books I have been meaning to get to, etc...

Actually, for me, I can't think of anything else I might do that wouldn't be more productive than watching games involving sports teams that I have absolutely no interest in.

I understand those that will be watching the games this weekend. As I said in a previous post, when I was younger, I was an avid sports fan and enjoyed watching every playoff game and the Super Bowl, regardless of who was playing. Over the years, my interests have changed, including the manner in which I follow sports. Now I am interested in the NFL as long as the Bills are playing and only watch games in which they are playing. When they are no longer playing, my interests on game days are elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.