Has the NFL season ended for anyone else?

billsintaiwan

I do not like American football, or the other one really. Both randomized by referees. Both watered down.

I grew up with the Bills. Remember every game from 1982 on, with some prodding. Every Sunday, no matter what was going on, my grandfather, my dad, and I watched the game together. Through the wee boy times to the turbulent teenager times, we had that even if all was not well personally. 

The Bills are probably the last thing in the world over which I have no control that I allow to manipulate me emotionally. And my season ends when they're done.

Not going to lie, part of me wanted them to leave before the fracking overlord bought them. It would have meant closure on a sad book and freedom.

Today I am glad I get to watch Josh Allen play. Like Kelly, elway, and cam (the running, only the running!) combined.

But my season is definitely over. Don't care until the draft when I'll be back looking for any news available.

Anyone else Bills or nothing? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 4

The season always ends for me when the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs. It didn't in my younger years; however, these days I simply enjoy my sports team, and when they are done for the season, I have no more interest. I would rather spend my time more productively.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 5

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

The season always ends for me when the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs. It didn't in my younger years; however, these days I simply enjoy my sports team, and when they are done for the season, I have no more interest. I would rather spend my time more productively.

Yep, me, too. I'm very productively hanging out here, for instance.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

has the season ended for me?  Yup.   

i loved football,  grew up on it,    been a Bills fan since the late 80's,   pretty much all my life.

for a long time i loved to watch all the games,  any game i could find.

as ive gotten older,  ive grown tired of what the game is becoming.   multiple reasons for the growing disinterest and dislike, which i wont bother going into.

i still love to watch the Bills,  good or bad,  i find little interest in anything beyond them nowadays.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I get why people feel this way.  During the drought years, I watched the Bills every Sunday at 12:00 CT and then played video games or something the rest of the day.  In a typical season, I probably watched about half a dozen non-Bills games.  That includes the playoffs.  I never even saw the Philadelphia SB, for example.  

That all changed in 2017.  When the Bills are actually in the playoff hunt for real, I just feel a lot more invested in the various storylines going on in the league and what's happening in games involving other teams.  It sucks that the Bills are out of it, but the Chiefs and Bengals are both major characters that are going to be coming back in the next season.  We'll be seeing them again, so I'm very interested in what happens to them in the next few weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsintaiwan said:

I do not like American football, or the other one really. Both randomized by referees. Both watered down.

I grew up with the Bills. Remember every game from 1982 on, with some prodding. Every Sunday, no matter what was going on, my grandfather, my dad, and I watched the game together. Through the wee boy times to the turbulent teenager times, we had that even if all was not well personally. 

The Bills are probably the last thing in the world over which I have no control that I allow to manipulate me emotionally. And my season ends when they're done.

Not going to lie, part of me wanted them to leave before the fracking overlord bought them. It would have meant closure on a sad book and freedom.

Today I am glad I get to watch Josh Allen play. Like Kelly, elway, and cam (the running, only the running!) combined.

But my season is definitely over. Don't care until the draft when I'll be back looking for any news available.

Anyone else Bills or nothing? 

I love how you write and word things. Dope when English likely isn't your primary.

To answer the question...I learned long ago to have a 2nd team or at least players to root for or it's woukda been 17 straight early enders. I love the game too much to totally not watch but I def have a lower interest level and may not watch whole games.

• Like (+1) 2

Watch zero sports related content this week.  

Likely won’t watch the Championship Games. 

Will probably watch the Super Bowl though.  

Two weeks is enough to remove the sting, I hope.  One week is not.   I didn’t watch the Chiefs/Texans game after we lost to Houston either.  

This one is 100x worse given we should have won if not for our coaches, but I do think enough time will subside between now and 2 Sundays from now. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

I won't be watching the remaining games either.  But I'm not telling my wife that because she'll find something from the to-do list for me to do with my extra "free time" that I would otherwise want to avoid doing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.