Still the Juries out on Allen - Athletic Article Burrow, Allen or Herbert

Billsfan1972

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Anyone else read this? 

https://theathletic.com/3088403/2022/01/27/joe-burrow-josh-allen-or-justin-herbert-which-rising-young-qb-would-nfl-coaches-and-execs-take-now/

What is interesting is so much love for Burrow & also Herbert.  Again seems many underestimate Allen (especially coaches).

Then read the comment section (up to 445 as of Friday 8:00 am) and the love for Burrow is off the chart, with of course too many pissed Lamar Jackson isn't there (remember he made the Pro Bowl, not Allen or Burrow).

What I have said all year, outside lousy weather, the one thing that holds him back is coaching.

Even the last two games, I swear, his stats could have been even better.  It was only when down 23-14 that Josh was "unleashed" imo.  

Heck where was that 400 yard game this year.  

Why are you the way you are?

10 hours ago, TBBills said:

No and why would you post it here...  you are doing exactly what they want you to.

Bill Belichick doesn't go out of his way to talk to other teams players but he did twice with Josh... that's all you need to know... "especially coaches" no the coaches know he is special.

You got trolled and lost.

Well @Nextmanup seemed to have wrote the article.

Kyle Brandt.

The interesting thing is after talking to some of my casual NfL fans who are fans of other teams besides the bills are just realizing Josh is an elite QB. He’s been elite for two seasons now. But I gotta say, it kinda shocks me how ignorant people are about josh. 

For all of us who watch josh week in and week out we can clearly see he’s a arguably a top 3 QB in the nfl at a minimum. He’s a playmaker and above all else, a winner. 

I don’t think Herbert nor burrow are even in the same class as Josh

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Look at his 3 WR set

Jamarr Chase

Tee Higgins

Tyler Boyd

Best in football.

Defenses can't cover those 2 dominant outside WRs.

Burrow is a System QB with 1) no ability to avoid Sacks and 2) below-average NFL arm velocity

Ok, so is Brady. 

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He’s 4 on the Bills depth chart most of the season….Diggs 1…Sanders 2…Beasley 3….Davis 4… that’s not me that’s the Bills listing them that way 

Depth charts always mean the most.  Surely Beasley agrees he’s the #3 with almost 2x the catches of the #2.   Now once the “#2” goes down, does the guy that replaced him become the #2?  If that’s the case, does the guy he replaced, (Sanders) that winds up as his back up when he comes back, become the #4?  Just trying to understand it all.  

Is Brady still Bledsoe’s back up?  Or maybe McDermott is a guru for getting so much out of Nate Peterman’s back up.

Edited by DCofNC

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

Depth charts always mean the most.  Surely Beasley agrees he’s the #3 with almost 2x the catches of the #2.   Now once the “#2” goes down, does the guy that replaced him become the #2?  If that’s the case, does the guy he replaced, (Sanders) that winds up as his back up when he comes back, become the #4?  Just trying to understand it all.  

Is Brady still Bledsoe’s back up?

Since you seem to have issues understanding things at no time this year was Gabriel Davis the starting 1 or 2 receiver and let me put it to you even further the game that was just played with the Chiefs the starting offense on the first possession of the game was Diggs 1, Sanders 2, Beasley 3, and when they went empty Davis 4 is this something you can understand? That Josh Allen destroyed the Chiefs secondary with the Bills 4th most targeted receiver? 

Unreal. Mahomes is grouped with Rodgers and Brady. 

Allen gets grouped with two 2nd year players, one of which hasn't made the playoffs yet.  

Sure.  No bias in that article...

This person that wrote the article must have been a Joshy denier, and can't accept being wrong. 

8 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Unreal. Mahomes is grouped with Rodgers and Brady. 

Allen gets grouped with two 2nd year players, one of which hasn't made the playoffs yet.  

Sure.  No bias in that article...

This person that wrote the article must have been a Joshy denier, and can't accept being wrong. 

Yeah it's like their maybe basing a bit too much into Super Bowl wins. imo Josh and PM are neck-n-neck. Anything PM can do Josh can do and has done. Just can't see any other way but them at #1 and #2

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Anyone else read this? 

https://theathletic.com/3088403/2022/01/27/joe-burrow-josh-allen-or-justin-herbert-which-rising-young-qb-would-nfl-coaches-and-execs-take-now/

What is interesting is so much love for Burrow & also Herbert.  Again seems many underestimate Allen (especially coaches).

Then read the comment section (up to 445 as of Friday 8:00 am) and the love for Burrow is off the chart, with of course too many pissed Lamar Jackson isn't there (remember he made the Pro Bowl, not Allen or Burrow).

What I have said all year, outside lousy weather, the one thing that holds him back is coaching.

Even the last two games, I swear, his stats could have been even better.  It was only when down 23-14 that Josh was "unleashed" imo.  

Kudos! You have outdone yourself! 

You're like Dunkirk - except in weekly doses.

5 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Look at his 3 WR set

Jamarr Chase

Tee Higgins

Tyler Boyd

Best in football.

Defenses can't cover those 2 dominant outside WRs.

Burrow is a System QB with 1) no ability to avoid Sacks and 2) below-average NFL arm velocity

Higgins is straight garbage.

13 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Anyone else read this? 

I read the article and the one thing it mentioned was that the two OC's both ranked him 3rd.  If they had instead ranked him 2nd he'd have been tied with Borrow for #1. 

It also sounded like the OC's ranked him last because they more view things strictly as X's and O's and want everything to go per script.  Everyone else ranted hm much higher

Coaches want the processor and the most coachable of them all, Burrow is the highest level of instincts

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Good lord after reading this thread and article you can place me firmly in the Burrow is incredibly overrated camp. 

Burrow also has quite possibly the best rookie WR of all time at his disposal who may not be receiving enough credit himself, but either way, I bet he lays an egg this weekend. He's a tier below Allen and Mahomes and I suspect Mahomes to make that very clear on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I read the article and the one comment made was

I read the article and the one thing it mentioned was that the two OC's both ranked him 3rd.  If they had instead ranked him 2nd he'd have been tied with Borrow for #1. 

It also sounded like the OC's ranked him last because they more view things strictly as X's and O's and want everything to go per script.  Everyone else ranted hm much higher

Coaches want the processor and the most coachable of them all, Burrow is the highest level of instincts

I was more shocked that after the last two games that was not able run away for Allen.  

Without those games he would have been third.

Maybe I watch with rose colored glasses but as far as I can tell there's still a lot more that Allen can do.

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Good lord after reading this thread and article you can place me firmly in the Burrow is incredibly overrated camp. 

Burrow also has quite possibly the best rookie WR of all time at his disposal who may not be receiving enough credit himself, but either way, I bet he lays an egg this weekend. He's a tier below Allen and Mahomes and I suspect Mahomes to make that very clear on Sunday.

Next year Lawrence may replace Allen in the conversation....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.