Well, I think Dan Hanzus summed up the season pretty well for me

HOUSE

Found under Ranking Buffalo #5

image.png.4c770f3168227d02f8410b41c59ec98c.png

The Bills gave everything they had. They weren't intimidated by the moment, and they received perhaps the best performance by a quarterback in franchise history. Somehow, it still wasn't enough. Sunday's 42-36 overtime loss to the Chiefs was the type of defeat that can stick to the ribs of an organization for years ... decades, even. This was the season when Buffalo was supposed to get over the hump and make its long-awaited return to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, the rise of the Bills as an AFC superpower has coincided with a sustained run of greatness by a Chiefs team led by one of the best quarterbacks the game has ever seen. Will Sunday's heartbreaker at Arrowhead eventually be remembered as the last agonizing roadblock before finally reaching glory? Or was this the current group's last best chance? Allen will keep the Bills relevant for years to come, but championship windows are unpredictable and don't bend at the knee of logic. Next September, the Bills will once again be seen as a top contender -- but the journey back toward the summit will be a grind in ways both physical and mental.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-championship-sunday-2021-nfl-season

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It felt like we got back to the playoffs fairly easily this year despite playing poorly along the way at times, and we'll do that again next year as well.

We are still on our way up the mountain, not down the other side.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lets hope that Brandon Beane can see the urgency here and make a couple of bold moves making Buffalo the undeniable favorite in 2022 or this team may never recover mentally.

My advice would be to trade premium draft picks for top quality players OTHERWISE we will be waiting on Rookies to develop hence missing the opportunity again...

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It felt like we got back to the playoffs fairly easily this year despite playing poorly along the way at times, and we'll do that again next year as well.

We already regressed in terms of wins and losses and final position. We made the championship game last year and fell short this year.  Josh Allen is about my favorite player to ever play the game.  A strategy of

relying on record breaking play by one player in the playoffs each week combined with in game coaching blunders may never be the formula to go further. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

We already regressed in terms of wins and losses and final position. We made the championship game last year and fell short this year.  Josh Allen is about my favorite player to ever play the game.  A strategy of

relying on record breaking play by one player in the playoffs each week combined with in game coaching blunders may never be the formula to go further. 

Lets hope the players are not losing confidence in the current coaching staff, this happens every year around the NFL. They lose easy games, under perform then squeak into the playoffs. I am very concerned about this because players rarely vent the problem in the media until it is to late....

• Like (+1) 2

It's two years in a row of having an excellent chance to make the SB.  This year was arguably better since they had the Chiefs beaten...until they didn't.  It's tough to just assume they'll be back this close again. Other teams get better,  we may lose some players/coaches, injuries, etc..  I'm hoping upon hope the Bills will be back and even better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• HOUSE changed the title to Well, I think Dan Hanzus summed up the season pretty well for me
57 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I view it more a desert. Looking for that oasis. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Somehow Josh's performance in that game was only "perhaps the best performance by a QB in our franchise history" but Mahomes is the best this leagues ever seen.

I'm sorry but Josh's performance in that game may have been the best I have ever seen period It at least ranks up there.  Not just in our own franchise.

Also, It is a grind for every team to get back there.  Not just our own.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Somehow Josh's performance in that game was only "perhaps the best performance by a QB in our franchise history" but Mahomes is the best this leagues ever seen.

I'm sorry but Josh's performance in that game may have been the best I have ever seen period It at least ranks up there.  Not just in our own franchise.

I believe he is referring to a team returning AFTER a huge mental letdown.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I believe he is referring to a team returning AFTER a huge mental letdown.

Yeah because they didn't have a huge mental let down last year.  These are competitive men.  They will be fine in the mental department next year.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think people are just nervous to put a Bills player in an all-time pantheon. 

After Palmer called Allen "perhaps the greatest talent at the QB position ever" Schopp jumped in and said it was an "interesting claim" in his classic condescending tone. It's almost like they don't want it to be true, so they can lay in their misery undisturbed. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1

Health is the biggest factor

The Bills lost arguably the best CB in football on Thanksgiving and didn’t skip a beat till it caught up to them against KC

One thing Allen did was give a lot of these teams with mediocre QB play believe their team  just needs the right people around them and that just isn’t the case.

Cap Space is wonderful but it means the players you have are terrible and you need to replace them with vets who may get their payday and decide to coast 

Simple fact Bills will be fine but just have to stay healthy and keep adding  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Found under Ranking Buffalo #5

image.png.4c770f3168227d02f8410b41c59ec98c.png

The Bills gave everything they had. They weren't intimidated by the moment, and they received perhaps the best performance by a quarterback in franchise history. Somehow, it still wasn't enough. Sunday's 42-36 overtime loss to the Chiefs was the type of defeat that can stick to the ribs of an organization for years ... decades, even. This was the season when Buffalo was supposed to get over the hump and make its long-awaited return to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, the rise of the Bills as an AFC superpower has coincided with a sustained run of greatness by a Chiefs team led by one of the best quarterbacks the game has ever seen. Will Sunday's heartbreaker at Arrowhead eventually be remembered as the last agonizing roadblock before finally reaching glory? Or was this the current group's last best chance? Allen will keep the Bills relevant for years to come, but championship windows are unpredictable and don't bend at the knee of logic. Next September, the Bills will once again be seen as a top contender -- but the journey back toward the summit will be a grind in ways both physical and mental.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-championship-sunday-2021-nfl-season

Allen is a 25 year old, elite QB, still on the rise. This was his second year with a team around him capable of getting to the Super Bowl - if they played to their potential. There are no sure things in the NFL; however, I'm not sure why anyone would think this would be the last best chance to get to / win a Super Bowl for any team with Josh Allen on it.

As long as they continue to add talent at the offensive skill positions around Allen and the Oline in front of him, he will have a chance to win every time he steps on the field...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I think people are just nervous to put a Bills player in an all-time pantheon. 

After Palmer called Allen "perhaps the greatest talent at the QB position ever" Schopp jumped in and said it was an "interesting claim" in his classic condescending tone. It's almost like they don't want it to be true, so they can lay in their misery undisturbed. 

Mike Schoop just doesn’t like Allen he actually had a list of 10 QBS awhile back he’d take over Josh and the list was laughable.
A couple years ago he literally had to be told by WGR management hey it’s ok to be critical but you’re getting ridiculous and literally attacking fans who disagree with you cut it out or your out.

Dude wakes up everyday hating the team he covers so take him with a grain of salt.  

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Mike Schoop just doesn’t like Allen he actually had a list of 10 QBS awhile back he’d take over Josh and the list was laughable.
A couple years ago he literally had to be told by WGR management hey it’s ok to be critical or you’re out.

Dude wakes up everyday hating the team he covers so take him with a grain of salt.  

That show is designed for negative Bills fans, Schoop is the leader of that clan. I gave up on him long ago because his comments are to predictable.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

My two cents: If the Bills don’t get home field advantage next year it’s going to be a real struggle for the team not to enter the playoffs with a ‘here we go again’ attitude…which is no way to approach a super bowl run. 

Excellent Point...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.