A Positive way to look at last Sunday

MAJBobby

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Frazier and McD deserve to be roasted for the defensive scheme in those last 13 seconds but where were Hyde and Poyer?  They are supposed to be vets and almost like coaches on the field.  They should have been doing something out there to get the guys aligned and playing up tight, so as soon as someone caught the ball, immediate tackle.

they tried but no one could hear them lined up 40 yards off the ball

14 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah it Sucks. Because this was going to the Super Bowl. I get it. I have lived through four straight losses. However that being said. 

What Sunday sealed for me if our window is wide open for the next Decade and a Half. 

Josh. Just please for the love us everything holy. GET ME ONE!!!!!  Get me a single trophy and I can forget ALL the hurt to get us there. 

now on to my offseason stuff on State of the Bills posts. 

Well put and absolutely the only way to get past this.

They are just as good as the Chiefs and Mahomes.  Buffalo needs to focus on having the mumber 1 seed.  Basically, the loss to Jacksonville was the reason the game was in Kc and not Orchard Park.  At the level that game was contested.  The difference was the location of the game.

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

They are just as good as the Chiefs and Mahomes.  Buffalo needs to focus on having the mumber 1 seed.  Basically, the loss to Jacksonville was the reason the game was in Kc and not Orchard Park.  At the level that game was contested.  The difference was the location of the game.

Overall I agree with you with homefield. But playing at Arrowhead wasn't the difference last week. If the Bills coaches and defense didn't F up the last 13 seconds then we get our 2nd win in that stadium. The difference was those 13 effing seconds.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Overall I agree with you with homefield. But playing at Arrowhead wasn't the difference last week. If the Bills coaches and defense didn't F up the last 13 seconds then we get our 2nd win in that stadium. The difference was those 13 effing seconds.

That game was razor close.  On the road hard to run an audible on the last play of the game.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

That game was razor close.  On the road hard to run an audible on the last play of the game.

But the Chiefs didn't win the game as much as the Bills gave it away. If it was 30 or 35 seconds then there is enough time. But 13 seconds even with timeouts shouldn't be enough time unless the defense choked. Arrowhead or Hallmark doesn't matter at that point. The Bills had the game won and that is why many fans are still pissed.

Honestly, it WOULD be nice to get one of these at home. I know we have to earn that, but all of the last 4 games have been in KC.

I remember the Colts had the same thing w/ New England for awhile.  They were always going up there.  

It'll shift.  We'll get our share in Buffalo, and it will make a big difference.

I am not depressed at all. That will be the last time McDermott shoots himself in the foot like that. He is Andy Reid 10 years ago, can't win big one because he keeps shooting himself in foot, now he is at top of profession. That was a learning experience, as painful as it was.

17 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah it Sucks. Because this was going to the Super Bowl. I get it. I have lived through four straight losses. However that being said. 

What Sunday sealed for me if our window is wide open for the next Decade and a Half. 

Josh. Just please for the love us everything holy. GET ME ONE!!!!!  Get me a single trophy and I can forget ALL the hurt to get us there. 

now on to my offseason stuff on State of the Bills posts. 

my rationale is they would lose to the Rams, so I’d rather lose now to the chiefs then lose another super bowl 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am not depressed at all. That will be the last time McDermott shoots himself in the foot like that. He is Andy Reid 10 years ago, can't win big one because he keeps shooting himself in foot, now he is at top of profession. That was a learning experience, as painful as it was.

People forget that HC's can learn just like everyone else.

I'm sure Philly fans are watching Reid now like, "who is that guy?"  McD has improved since he started, and will continue to do so.  Honestly, I loved how he coached the 1st 59 minutes, 47 seconds of that game.  He was aggressive for the most part, had a great gameplan, and let Josh be Josh.  Our D liability was more because we don't have as good a D as we thought.

16 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

Im slowly trying to come around to the positive, despite the coaching breakdown.   I just dont see a whole lot we need on offense.  If you can hang with the Chiefs, the offense is pretty good.   Seems the area for improvement is on the D.   The pass rush almost got there aint going to cut it against that team.  Positives: Diggs and Davis, is a pretty good combo, Beasley fills his role very well.   Singletary and the running game improved as the year went on.  Knox could take another step and add some more yards receiving to the TDs.  Got high TDs, middle of the pack yards.   

This team could be a destination for vets that want one more crack at the ring.    If you can turn this D up just a few notches, I think were as complete as anyone.   Chiefs D line has more talent than ours.   McD will have to up his game also.  Show me some good defensive scheming.  Next year is the year for bold moves by Beane.  Some vet comes on the trade market, he needs to be ready.

At this point I'm still trying to figure out which assistant I dislike more...

Frazier and his effed up defense for those 13 seconds... in rushing four and having the secondary concerned about the sidelines. Meanwhile Hill, Kelce run free. 

What bother me most is the Bills know how to stop Mahomes from passing as they did in 2021 where KC ran all over them. Dime defense and cover the receivers in making the Chiefs run the ball. They have no excuses for this royal Eff up. I'm hoping Frazier gets hired by some team.

OTOH, had the Bills been able to muster an offense against the Patriots in that wind storm, score more than 6 points against the Jags. More than 16 points against the Steelers in the opener. 13 wins would have given the Bills home field and a bye. It won't hurt at all to see a guy get hired away. 

The Bills have a good RB and a decent O line...finally! I wonder why it took most of the season to find them? While Singletary looks to be more then enough to help this offense score. I just can't imagine how good that run game would be with Najee running the ball...

What we saw was the that the Bills are short on solid backups for the O line and we don't know if C Mitch Morse will be back for 2020. Better LT, OG backups are needed too. 

While Levi Wallace played well this season. I gotta think the Bills will still be making moves to find his replacement again. A supreme pass rusher would certainly help the defense. Lastly, is Star gonna be back for 2022? 

I'm thinking Beane is going to be working overtime to improve this team this offseason. 

9 hours ago, Greg S said:

Same here. I don't think I will get over it until the Bills get back into the playoffs and make another run. I said it before but the Bills should have held Hill and Kelce at the LOS and take the 5 yard holding penalty. Chiefs get it at the 30 but so what. They would have only had about 6 or 7 seconds left. Time for only a hail mary and that is assuming Mahomes can reach the end zone from 70 yards away

Maybe drop all 11 Bills players back and let Mahomes look for an open receiver. That's a better defensive scheme and there's now way he's going to scamper even with their timeouts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.