A Positive way to look at last Sunday

MAJBobby

Yeah it Sucks. Because this was going to the Super Bowl. I get it. I have lived through four straight losses. However that being said. 

What Sunday sealed for me if our window is wide open for the next Decade and a Half. 

Josh. Just please for the love us everything holy. GET ME ONE!!!!!  Get me a single trophy and I can forget ALL the hurt to get us there. 

now on to my offseason stuff on State of the Bills posts. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah it Sucks. Because this was going to the Super Bowl. I get it. I have lived through four straight losses. However that being said. 

What Sunday sealed for me if our window is wide open for the next Decade and a Half. 

Josh. Just please for the love us everything holy. GET ME ONE!!!!!  Get me a single trophy and I can forget ALL the hurt to get us there. 

He will

• Like (+1) 1

Im slowly trying to come around to the positive, despite the coaching breakdown.   I just dont see a whole lot we need on offense.  If you can hang with the Chiefs, the offense is pretty good.   Seems the area for improvement is on the D.   The pass rush almost got there aint going to cut it against that team.  Positives: Diggs and Davis, is a pretty good combo, Beasley fills his role very well.   Singletary and the running game improved as the year went on.  Knox could take another step and add some more yards receiving to the TDs.  Got high TDs, middle of the pack yards.   

This team could be a destination for vets that want one more crack at the ring.    If you can turn this D up just a few notches, I think were as complete as anyone.   Chiefs D line has more talent than ours.   McD will have to up his game also.  Show me some good defensive scheming.  Next year is the year for bold moves by Beane.  Some vet comes on the trade market, he needs to be ready.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I have to believe that with Tre, the defense makes at least one play. And that’s really all it would have took. Add in a CB with pick 25, some OL depth, and maybe an edge rusher. Could be even better next season. We will see. 

That's exactly what we need. Best CB we can draft @ 25 to compliment Tre. A 2nd round IOL. Maybe find a diamond in the rough pass rusher in the 3rd.  If we lose both coordinators we'll have at least (3) 3rd round picks. A speed WR and a late round RB. Would love Scherff or Chandler Jones as a FA.

• Like (+1) 1

I wish all the JA doubters would own up to it. I own up to my takes that end up being off. Half this board was ready to get rid of him after year 2. 

I may be wrong about Edmunds but I was right about Allen. Id rather get the QB right; everyone else can be replaced.

If McD wins a trophy I will be happy to say I was wrong. But I still believe he is more of an impediment than an asset at this point. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Take Kelce off the Chiefs and put him on the Bills, and the Bills win by 2+ TD’s.

Are we allowed to do that? Do you think someone might notice? 

:)

I like Knox a LOT, but he can’t be our only TE, which feels to be the case. Every team has needs and salary cap concerns. I feel like our FO is a bit smarter than most. It’s been a LONG tome since I trusted them so much. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

13 ***** seconds. I'm still pissed.

We're wired to somewhat accept physical mistakes. But mental mistakes by coaches should never be tolerated. Josh is going to have to be so damn great to cover up the gameday flaws of McDermott. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I wish all the JA doubters would own up to it. I own up to my takes that end up being off. Half this board was ready to get rid of him after year 2. 

I may be wrong about Edmunds but I was right about Allen. Id rather get the QB right; everyone else can be replaced.

If McD wins a trophy I will be happy to say I was wrong. But I still believe he is more of an impediment than an asset at this point. 

I thought we made a mistake drafting him but I doubt half this board wanted him gone after year 2.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Take Kelce off the Chiefs and put him on the Bills, and the Bills win by 2+ TD’s.

I frickin hated watching him dawdle around to his sets... I watched it through the entire game.  Gotta admit tho, whatever that stumbling around he was doing pre-snap, he was effective. 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Josh. Just please for the love us everything holy. GET ME ONE!!!!!  Get me a single trophy and I can forget ALL the hurt to get us there. 

I felt this way after they went ahead with the FIRST TD late........that Josh Allen had just proven to me and anyone else that he was going to an MVP type player for a long time..........even though I was certain that KC would absolutely march down the field playing 4 down football, kill the clock and score a TD and beat the Bills and their tired defense at that point.

So it wasn't hard for me to get back there after Hill scored quick and everything else that ended up happening.

Couple hours after the game I was done with the what-if's.............the team as a whole didn't play well enough to warrant all that hand-wringing that is going on about the "13 seconds".

They didn't earn the right to win that game.........they only almost got lucky because of a 1 man show that Allen put on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I felt this way after they went ahead with the FIRST TD late........that Josh Allen had just proven to me and anyone else that he was going to an MVP type player for a long time..........even though I was certain that KC would absolutely march down the field playing 4 down football, kill the clock and score a TD and beat the Bills and their tired defense at that point.

So it wasn't hard for me to get back there after Hill scored quick and everything else that ended up happening.

Couple hours after the game I was done with the what-if's.............the team as a whole didn't play well enough to warrant all that hand-wringing that is going on about the "13 seconds".

They didn't earn the right to win that game.........they only almost got lucky because of a 1 man show that Allen put on.

Agreed, but I’d argue for a 2 man show. Even if Allen was the one delivering the ball, Davis with 4 TDS was balling out. 

4 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

Im slowly trying to come around to the positive, despite the coaching breakdown.   I just dont see a whole lot we need on offense.  If you can hang with the Chiefs, the offense is pretty good.   Seems the area for improvement is on the D.   The pass rush almost got there aint going to cut it against that team.  Positives: Diggs and Davis, is a pretty good combo, Beasley fills his role very well.   Singletary and the running game improved as the year went on.  Knox could take another step and add some more yards receiving to the TDs.  Got high TDs, middle of the pack yards.   

This team could be a destination for vets that want one more crack at the ring.    If you can turn this D up just a few notches, I think were as complete as anyone.   Chiefs D line has more talent than ours.   McD will have to up his game also.  Show me some good defensive scheming.  Next year is the year for bold moves by Beane.  Some vet comes on the trade market, he needs to be ready.

It’s not the pass rush, it’s the coverage.  To get to the Super Bowl right now, it’s getting past Mahomes throwing to T.Hill and Kelce.  As when Brady was on the Pats, you’re not likely to get to Mahomes and if you blitz, he’ll tear the defense to shreds.  You have to do more to disrupt the passes to Hill & Kelce and letting them run free while 4 rushers don’t get there was dumb and not going to work.

We’ll see what happens on Sunday but Cincinnati with Burrows and those receivers are tough to stop also.  Their RB in Dixon is better than what we have and I’d argue that their TE Uzomah is close enough to Knox.  

The Bills have also shown they can’t beat Tennessee either, Moreno due to being unable to stop Henry.

As others have said, fortunately Cinn beat Tennessee which meant we didn’t have to face either of them, but would’ve faced the Bengals if we beat KC.  The stars were aligned for us and they blew it!  As the late Denny Green famously said “They are who we thought they were and we let’em off the hook!” (Slams fist on lectern)

Now, if Denver were to acquire Rodgers or Brady, that could be a 4th tough team we’d have to get by.

5 hours ago, Special K said:

If that's true, then why for the love of God are people talking about drafting a defensive lineman, a CB, or a frigging LB! 

Go find me another Kelce!  I am hoping Knox turns into one!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I thought we made a mistake drafting him but I doubt half this board wanted him gone after year 2.  

Likewise. I hated the pick, it is well known. I thought there were flashes of the playmaking year 1 and was generally happy with where he was, let alone after year 2. In fact not once since that draft have I said we need to move on from Josh Allen. I think any Bills fan who has is guilty of too much impatience.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.