Rewatching the game on NfL network and the Singletary run on 3rd and 2...

Hebert19

28 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Hard to believe Leslie Frazier played for the 85 Bears the way he coaches.

3 & 10 and I would have rolled the dice and send one of safeties,  we ended up giving TD to Hill .  I agree hard to believe Frazier played for 85 Bears.

Frazier still does not get it,  being aggressive and having a big play defence is the only way he will ever get another HC job.,  No one hiring a boring conservative thinking DC coordinator

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, motorj said:

Not to menion Davis, this affects him most probably, he will be forgotten most by everyone not the bills fans, also some still want a wr 2

How does he not get more opportunities?  In 2 years he’s had a total of 149 targets.  17 of them were TDs.  Assuming 7 points per TD, that’s 119 points.  He nearly averages scoring .89 points every time he’s targeted.

Meanwhile, just this year Beasley got 121 targets and scored once.  That’s .06 points per target.  What am I missing?

25 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I understand "losing a drive" on the OT coin toss, but where are you getting a second lost drive on a coin toss?  You start with the ball in either the first or second half, not both, regardless of how the coin toss goes.

1st half - even

Bills start with ball

Chiefs finish with it

2nd half -1

Chiefs start with ball

Chiefs finish with it

OT -1

Chiefs get the ball

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1st half - even

Bills start with ball

Chiefs finish with it

2nd half -1

Chiefs start with ball

Chiefs finish with it

OT -1

Chiefs get the ball

The coin toss didn't "cost them" a reg time possession.  That's just how the game played out.  If they won the toss and the halves are just in reverse order with the results the same, are you still saying the same thing?  Like comon, it's not rocket science, the Bills could just as easily been the team with an "extra possession" regardless of how the coin toss went.

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

The coin toss didn't "cost them" a reg time possession.  That's just how the game played out.  If they won the toss and the halves are just in reverse order with the results the same, are you still saying the same thing?  Like comon, it's not rocket science, the Bills could just as easily been the team with an "extra possession" regardless of how the coin toss went.

You thought that the possessions were equal in regulation.

They were not..........so don't make the mistake of thinking you are some sort of mathematician when you presumably have 20 fingers and toes and can't even count that high.

The only way you can get back-to-back possessions in regulation is to win the opening toss and defer.

While that is no guarantee.......per Sharp analysis.........receiving the ball to start the second half results, on average, in an extra point on the scoreboard(versus receiving the first half kick) and a 12% chance of stealing a possession. 

This is why teams almost universally defer to receiver until the second half.

As it turned out........the Chiefs did indeed "steal" that possession.

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

3 & 10 and I would have rolled the dice and send one of safeties,  we ended up giving TD to Hill .  I agree hard to believe Frazier played for 85 Bears.

Frazier still does not get it,  being aggressive and having a big play defence is the only way he will ever get another HC job.,  No one hiring a boring conservative thinking DC coordinator

I went and re-watched parts of the 85' Super Bowl today. The Bears ran a reverse to Frazier on a NE punt. That was the last play of his career, as he blew his knee out in it. 

It made me wonder if he's risk averse bc a trick play ruined his playing career? 

4 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Yes that was huge,  Sean again playing not to lose and trying to go caveman.  He is just may not have it for coaching big games and I believe unless he figures it out will be fired.  This 13 sec massive choke job put him notice,  if get it together or be replaced

Maybe Sean Payton takes one season off and if Sean does not get this team to Super Bowl we hire him after next season.  Last thing you want to do is waste opportunities because you feel sorry for someone

McD is the offensive coordinator now?

4 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That was one of the three lost possessions that pissed me off.  And given the flow of the game it was the biggest one.  With that field position there is no way you can justify that level of conservatism on offense. THREE straight runs by Singleterry. This was a perfect example of a coaching staff not understanding what the hell kind of game they were in.

All games are composed of tons of critical factors like this, but fans only focus on the 1 or 2 really obvious, dramatic plays, and then think they are what make the difference.

If we get points on any of these failed drives, the 13 seconds at the end aren't relevant!

We just didn't do quite enough (as it turns out) through the entire game to get a W.

We should go in there thinking we need 50 to win and play/coach accordingly!

Take nothing for granted.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Just watched the sad KC rerun. (After drinking 3 shots of Buffalo Trace for proper preparation)  The game was sooo good, until it went sooooo dam bad... The last 13 seconds the Bills D just left the entire middle of the field unoccupied for the first 20 yards. Just inexplicable, and historically bad defense. Just no excuses. Didn't realize how bad Milano played in the 2nd half. He looked lost or scared. Taking horrible angles on many plays.... Back to the Bourbon.            

Ya.  Such a great game ruined. Bills were better team u til they weren't.  

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

All games are composed of tons of critical factors like this, but fans only focus on the 1 or 2 really obvious, dramatic plays, and then think they are what make the difference.

If we get points on any of these failed drives, the 13 seconds at the end aren't relevant!

We just didn't do quite enough (as it turns out) through the entire game to get a W.

Agree.  And we got soft there in middle of the game.  

On other side of it if they dine miss an extra point and FG do we just flat out lose?   

Great game. 

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

And that is what I thought would be discussed this week.  Never did I think it would be multiple errors over 13 seconds!!!!!

Reid made mistakes too (that third & 1 trick play that resulted in a FG).

As Bills fans we could be talking about so many plays not made that cost the Bills, but it was all about 13 seconds.

However I was screaming as said in front of my friends, apoplectic when Dabol on those two drives after 7 yard gains on first down ran the next two plays & punted. 

The Bills punted 4 times (KC 2 punts & 2 FGs).  Those two punts (one at midfield) were huge coaching blunders. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.