Rewatching the game on NfL network and the Singletary run on 3rd and 2...

Hebert19

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah, they had several drives like that in the middle of the game that ended with them taking the ball out of Allen's hands despite him being hotter than any QB in memory.

On a day when they lost two coin flips and subsequently ended up with 2 less posessions.........they couldn't afford to lose drives in that manner.

When I say at times, Daboll's situational play calling still doesn't make sense to me, this is an example of what I mean.

Morse in his post game presser mentioned a couple of drives in the 3Q where if they could have sustained them and scored points, the game might have been different.

The bottom line is that the Bills scored 5 TDs and punted 4 times.  The Chiefs punted twice, kicked 3 FG and missed a 4th.  Changing that ratio (either by the Bills defense, or the Bills offense) changes the game.

Then maybe it doesn't come down to 13 seconds and a coin flip.

• Agree 3

11 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Still so mad Sean & our defence choked away they amazing game Allen played and deserved to win.  Allen should be the talk of the country this week and we have some stupid HC who thinks playing prevent we the right thing to do. 

If Cincinnati wins this Sunday, can you imagine the number of pitchforks coming for McDermott on this forum? Cincinnati’s team makeup is comparable to the Bills. Zac Taylor has one win against Chiefs already this season. I’m going to take a special interest in this game to see what Zac’s approach to winning this game is

17 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

If Cincinnati wins this Sunday, can you imagine the number of pitchforks coming for McDermott on this forum? Cincinnati’s team makeup is comparable to the Bills. Zac Taylor has one win against Chiefs already this season. I’m going to take a special interest in this game to see what Zac’s approach to winning this game is

I think when you mess up that badly someone has to pay,  we saw it with those Levy Super Bowl teams.  Assistants were fired and replaced

• Agree 1

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Or just OWN IT

I did not see anyone own it,  Sean trying to blame the kicker and execution is not owning it.  One of the worse design coverages on those two final plays I have ever seen.  Pitch and catch in your with wide open field.  There is no excuse for being that stupid and conservative.

Sean and Frazier made it so easy for Mahomes to look brilliant.  Was there a defender within 10-15 yards of either Hill or Kelce on two pass plays

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah, they had several drives like that in the middle of the game that ended with them taking the ball out of Allen's hands despite him being hotter than any QB in memory.

On a day when they lost two coin flips and subsequently ended up with 2 less posessions.........they couldn't afford to lose drives in that manner.

Yep and ironically it was Josh that took the ball out of Josh's hands. Most of those runs were RPO plays with a give, a keep and a pass option. COVER 1 goes over it in some of their after game material.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

All games are composed of tons of critical factors like this, but fans only focus on the 1 or 2 really obvious, dramatic plays, and then think they are what make the difference.

If we get points on any of these failed drives, the 13 seconds at the end aren't relevant!

We just didn't do quite enough (as it turns out) through the entire game to get a W.

We should go in there thinking we need 50 to win and play/coach accordingly!

Take nothing for granted.

Exactly right.  KC's first drive should have showed McD and company that Mahomes was hot and the Chiefs O was going to move the ball up and down the field.  The only reason we got the stop on KC's 2nd possession was because it started at their one yard line.  Don't forget that we had a 2nd and 3 at Midfield and DaBoll chose to run Singleterry off tackle.  And the same mistake was made on our first possession in the 3rd quarter.  After holding KC to a FG we then run twice and throw a pass to #41 - who has yet to break a tackle and then punt on 4th and a foot.  At the time I thought it was madness given how KC was playing.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Exactly right.  KC's first drive should have showed McD and company that Mahomes was hot and the Chiefs O was going to move the ball up and down the field.  The only reason we got the stop on KC's 2nd possession was because it started at their one yard line.  Don't forget that we had a 2nd and 3 at Midfield and DaBoll chose to run Singleterry off tackle.  And the same mistake was made on our first possession in the 3rd quarter.  After holding KC to a FG we then run twice and throw a pass to #41 - who has yet to break a tackle and then punt on 4th and a foot.  At the time I thought it was madness given how KC was playing.

As I have said repeatedly, after gaining 7+ yards anytime on first down, to me it is always RPO, rollouts on second/third down and then go for it worst case scenario on fourth. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I can watch Youtube highlights of Josh being great. Don't think I'll ever be able to rewatch this game. There's no doubt the playcalling lacked any sense of urgency on the drives that are subject to analysis here. Coaching was an issue at various times before the 13 seconds debacle.

30 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Yep and ironically it was Josh that took the ball out of Josh's hands. Most of those runs were RPO plays with a give, a keep and a pass option. COVER 1 goes over it in some of their after game material.

Josh is still learning how and when to use the running game - another thread asked what he needs to work on this offseason and I'd say that, understanding better when to hand the ball off, when to keep, when to check out of or into running plays, etc.  Obviously this task becomes complicated by a likely OC change.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I can watch Youtube highlights of Josh being great. Don't think I'll ever be able to rewatch this game. There's no doubt the playcalling lacked any sense of urgency on the drives that are subject to analysis here. Coaching was an issue at various times before the 13 seconds debacle.

And so I was shouting at the TV and explaining to friends over (not as detailed football fans as I am).  It seemed like mid year vs. the Raiders. 

As too stated there are issues with coaching for both teams throughout every game, which is what I expected to discuss if the Bills lost (all before those 13 seconds).  No idea why the coaches thought this was a game about field position.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I did not see anyone own it,  Sean trying to blame the kicker and execution is not owning it.  One of the worse design coverages on those two final plays I have ever seen.  Pitch and catch in your with wide open field.  There is no excuse for being that stupid and conservative.

Sean and Frazier made it so easy for Mahomes to look brilliant.  Was there a defender within 10-15 yards of either Hill or Kelce on two pass plays

Coaching scared! He always tries to take time off the clock when he gets in those prevents. A lot of times Josh has to come in and bail us out (Especially 2020) I don’t know if he’s stubborn or he does some analytic but it doesn’t work. 

19 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Looked like the cutback was there for a first down. Running Singletary wide always makes me cringe.

i got and said that exact thing.  there was nice yardage to be had on the cut back as the chefs over persuit left it wide open trying contain the edge

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.