PFWA names Belichick as NFL executive of the year

YoloinOhio

54 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They found the best QB in the draft?  I will first point out that remains to be seen.  I will secondly point out that Jones was pretty much the only QB left when the Pats drafted him.  Unless you want to count some guys that likely will never see more than the practice squad other than maybe Mills on the Texans.

Its not like Belichick identified his guy and went and got him.  Jones was the last QB taken for like 50 picks.

Actually Belichik and the Pats hinted that they had targeted Jones as QB1 all along and it looks like a genius move on their part because they didn't even need to trade up for him.

5 years from now Jones may or may not be the best QB taken in the 2021 draft but I don't think there's an argument that he's the best one right now based on the season the Pats had last year.

Still think a lot of Bills fans are selling him short just because he doesn't have the ungodly raw talent Allen does. Jones can be a great player in this league especially if he makes a big jump in year two.

• Dislike 1

20 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Actually Belichik and the Pats hinted that they had targeted Jones as QB1 all along and it looks like a genius move on their part because they didn't even need to trade up for him.

5 years from now Jones may or may not be the best QB taken in the 2021 draft but I don't think there's an argument that he's the best one right now based on the season the Pats had last year.

Still think a lot of Bills fans are selling him short just because he doesn't have the ungodly raw talent Allen does. Jones can be a great player in this league especially if he makes a big jump in year two.

Of course they didn't need to trade up to him.  There is no genius in knowing who needs to pick a QB in the first 15 picks and that Mac Jones wasn't going to be one of the few top ones.  I suppose you think Belichick was genius because he was smart enough to wait 6 rounds for Tom Brady too.

I never said he couldn't be a great player in the league.  I just said it remains to be seen who the best from the class is.

Edited by Scott7975

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Of course they didn't need to trade up to him.  There is no genius in knowing who needs to pick a QB in the first 15 picks and that Mac Jones wasn't going to be one of the few top ones.  I suppose you think Belichick was genius because he was smart enough to wait 6 rounds for Tom Brady too.

I never said he couldn't be a great player in the league.  I just said it remains to be seen who the best from the class is.

Imagine all the damage he has done to insurance market.  Teflon Tom could have been insurance salesman of the year multiple times if he had not been picked.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.