PFWA names Belichick as NFL executive of the year

YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, MJS said:

What rebuild? Do you just mean post-Brady?

Yes after a team's franchise QB leaves/retires..etc it is viewed as a rebuild. And wasn't just Brady who left.

Pittsburgh is about to enter a rebuild

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That’s sarcasm?  Pro football writers association, legit journalism group

Now when is the last time I didn't  give a sarcastic answer? 😁

However, this choice for by the PFWA does have my searching for information about the Bizarro world.    

31 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yes after a team's franchise QB leaves/retires..etc it is viewed as a rebuild. And wasn't just Brady who left.

Pittsburgh is about to enter a rebuild

That's not the definition of a rebuild. To be rebuilt your team has to be torn down. Nothing about the Patriots team was a tear down.

20 minutes ago, MJS said:

That's not the definition of a rebuild. To be rebuilt your team has to be torn down. Nothing about the Patriots team was a tear down.

Only 28 players this year were on that team in 2019, they had 63 guys play for them in 2019... 49% of total snaps were players that were on the team in 2019... their turnover included their QB, leading rusher, leading receivers, and top defender.... I say that's a pretty significant rebuild. Especially considering they moved on from Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Yes, turn on any football show in America, speak to any NFL analyst and that is exactly what they have refer the patriots as, and what they were. Especially now having a rookie QB. 

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Only 28 players this year were on that team in 2019, they had 63 guys play for them in 2019... 49% of total snaps were players that were on the team in 2019... their turnover included their QB, leading rusher, leading receivers, and top defender.... I say that's a pretty significant rebuild. Especially considering they moved on from Brady.

100% correct!

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Disagree 1

I don't see any issues with this selection. Yes the Pats spent big in FA including some questionable contracts, but they did find the best QB in the draft at present which a big part of their success this year, if not the reason they were able to get back in the division and playoff mix so quickly after one down year post Brady.

The only other team that should probably have been in the running is the Rams for all the big time trades they made but perhaps the selection committee felt that wasn't fair since all they do is throw around 1st round picks for big name players which 31 other teams easily do if they wanted to sell out in the short term for longer term failure/rebuild.

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Compare that to basically any other team in the NFL and it will be similar.

3 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Every other team lost the best QB in history, spent a first round pick on a QB, and got all new WR, TE, and RB? Wow. Plus a new defensive leader. Wow.

Significant roster turnover happens every year for almost every team. Especially bad teams. That doesn't mean they are all undergoing a full rebuild.

What team didn't add receivers, TE's, and RB's? What team didn't add defensive starters?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.