Jordan Palmer interview about Josh Allen 1/27

YoloinOhio

I watched and listened to the interview on One Bills Live today.  Palmer talked about the areas of the game that Josh has learned to control...the last one this year being controlling his own emotions.   Now it's up to winning the games they should win by learning from what went wrong in those few moments where Josh could have played better.  Really fascinating stuff.  It's worth the listen.

Edited by jkeerie

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

Controlling his emotions is what I noticed this year, mostly towards the end of the year.  That's why I was confident in them winning the KC game.  But there were things beyond Josh's control.

Yup. He was really peaking at the right time.

Too bad he couldn’t control the D giving up two leads in the final 1:50.  Then of course an OT walkoff drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, Steptide said:

How did Jordan palmer become a qb guru? Wasn't he crappy when he played? 

I think that some times people are great teachers but not good themselves at the subject and vice versa, sometimes people who are excellent at what they do are not good at teaching it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Steptide said:

How did Jordan palmer become a qb guru? Wasn't he crappy when he played? 

The best coaches & teachers generally come from the journeymen who had to work their asses off and squeeze the most from their talents. I say that the super talented players rarely reach their potential because they don't need to in order to become good. Gretzky was a lousy coach because he never even knew what made him so good. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Loved hearing every minute of this.

I've said this, and it's premature of course - but I do think that in 10 years, he could be in the GOAT conversation. Which would make me happy, because it would make Patriots fans unhappy.

We might be in for a real run here, Bills fans.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Jordan Palmer is a very bright guy and a fun listen. I've heard him do deep dives on the bio mechanics he is working to improve and it is really interesting. His predictions for Josh have been spot on.  I think he's helped Josh and other QB's immeasurably.

Objective:  Get to and win the Super Bowl.

To make that happen:  Win AFC playoff games against anyone.

To make that happen:  Get #1 seed.

To make that happen:  Win 14 or 15 games out of 17. 

To make that happen:  Actually follow the damn process we've been hearing about for years.  Every game is a new challenge against a professional outfit.  DON'T PLAY DOWN to inferior opponents.  Don't let coaches take a week off against weak teams.  Insist on analyzing each team's capabilities for potential problems and potential opportunities.  Build effective game plans.  Don't let players lose focus.  Have tougher practices leading up to games that should be easy wins.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.